Multiple Platforms Shenmue 3

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Shenmue 3 Announced For PlayStation 4 and PC, To Be Funded Through Kickstarter

Shenmue 3 was announced during Sony’s E3 press conference, where they revealed that Yu Suzuki is producing and directing the next game in the series, and it will be funded via Kickstarter.

Here’s a message written for fans and future backers on the Kickstarter page for the game:

Since the release of Shenmue 2, now 14 years ago, I have been greeted by the passionate outpouring of dedicated fans and Shenmue community members wherever I go. They all want to know one thing: “When will Shenmue 3 be coming out?” With the advent of games using Kickstarter during these past few years, the new and now frequent demand from the fans has been, “Do a Kickstarter for Shenmue 3!”

If Shenmue 3 was going to get made, I wanted to make it with the fans. Through Kickstarter, I knew that could happen. Together, with Shenmue fans everywhere, I knew we could build the game that the series deserves.

If we do not reach our funding goal, Shenmue 3 will not go forward. I know that the goal of making Shenmue 3 with the fans, and seeing Shenmue in the hands of gamers all around the world is a lofty one. We are balancing our ambitions for a grand sequel with the pragmatic realities of developing a game of this scale. It will not be easy, but I have dreamed of making this sequel for 14 years – it is time to bring Shenmue back! And to make it come true, it will need the love and support from each and every one of you!

So please join us in making Shenmue 3 – let us grow our community and build a new, exciting Shenmue experience!

You can get a look at some more screenshots and details on the Kickstarter page.

http://mobile.siliconera.com/home/2...n-4-and-pc-to-be-funded-through-kickstarter#4

What a day, I remember staying up beyond midnight to watch the legendary Sony e3 conference for 2015. I streamed in on my PS4 with my headphones in to avoid waking my housemates, but by this announcement I was cheering and clapping galore! … It was a drowsy following day but among one of the biggest moments in gaming for me!

Back