Multiple Platforms Dark Souls III

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Bandai Namco Accidentally Reveals Dark Souls 3 Ahead of E3, Confirms Reveal Trailer

Bandai Namco might have just accidentally confirmed the existence of Dark Souls 3 at E3. The official Bandai Namco UK twitter account recently shared a YouTube video of the game, probably its E3 2015 trailer. This video is still private but the tweet was quickly deleted.

If you want to look at the mistake made by Bandai Namco, check out the image below. The video that was shared can be seen here as well, but it is currently set to private.

Dark Souls 3 is rumored for PS4 and Xbox One and is supposedly getting released in Early 2016.

http://gearnuke.com/bandai-namco-accidentally-reveals-dark-souls-3-ahead-e3-confirms-reveal-trailer

Dark Souls 3 will feature faster character movement, more intuitive controls
But everything is still designed to kill you

Hidetaki Miyazaki has spoken at length about what fans can expect from Dark Souls 3; and the good news is it’s going to be more of the same, only better. During an E3 presentation with VG247, Miyazaki discussed the finer points of the game, describing, in great detail, how combat and the tactics required therein, will work.

“The basic gameplay elements, the sense of accomplishment experienced by overcoming difficulty, or the unique online features that allow players to loosely connect with other players, are still in the game. But we’ve now evolved and deepened those basic gameplay elements,” said the From Software president.

One way those gameplay elements have been deepened is in the alteration of your character movement. Borrowing from Bloodborne’s fluid combat system, Dark Souls 3 will feature faster characters, and a more intuitive control system. “The player character moves faster than the previous two installments and can be controlled more intuitively,” says Miyazaki. “There are a lot of tough situations waiting for players but at the same time we’re offering reasonable solutions, [such as] this faster moving character control system.”

However don’t, for one second, presume that this will make the game any easier than its predecessors. Far from it according to Miyazaki: ““The level design, as well as the enemy placements, everything has been arranged to kill you.” Well that’s reassuring, isn’t it? In keeping with the grand tradition of the Souls’ series, this latest instalment looks set to frustrate and reward in equal measure.

Balancing that difficulty level has always been the challenge for From Software, ensuring that players don’t feel cheated, or unfairly penalised. One way of placing the power back into the gamers’ hands is to arm them with an array of devastating, destructive weapons. In this regard Dark Souls 3 will be no different, but it’s how you use them which will be pivotal. ““We will be deepening the features attached to each weapon,” says Miyazaki. “That will widen the range of the tactical options that the player has during a battle and the role-playing elements of the game.”

It’s clear that Miyazaki is eager to move the Souls series forward, while at the same time ensuring it retains that which made it successful in the first place. There are those who might quibble at these subtle changes. But, reading between the lines, it feels like Dark Souls 3 is being heavily influenced by Bloodborne. Which, if you’ve played what is arguably the PlayStation 4’s finest game, is no bad thing.

https://www.pixeldynamo.com/news/ga...faster-character-movement-intuitive-controls/

Considering Bloodborne's success in nearly every aspect, I can see why they're taking notes from it. Kudos to that.

I still haven't beaten the second game. I should get back to it, though. Don't want to miss out on any connecting story elements once this one releases.

img_headvisual-ds1-670x471-constrain.jpg

Dark Souls III Gets New Official Site

The English site for Dark Soouls III opened a little while ago, but today From Software opened a new official site for Japan, which incidentally looks quite a lot better.

The new site is actually a re-opening of the old darksouls.jp domain, now themed after the new game.

Interestingly, while the game was showcased at Microsoft’s press conference at E3, the pictures of the boxes on the website showcase the PS4 version on the front, which normally identifies Sony as the primary marketing partner.

Considering that this specific site is aimed to the Japanese market, though, this could be limited to Japan only, where the PS4 is the dominant current generation console. In the official press materials distributed for the west after E3, the boxes are portrayed separate (you can see both versions below).

It’ll be interesting to see what cover will end up in the front when the western website will be updated.

img_article_01.jpg

img_article_02-670x269.jpg

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/07/13/dark-souls-iii-gets-new-official-site

I do approve of the box art. Seems like they keep getting better per installment.

On a side note, it's pretty smart to keep the rating static. If future installments are released, hopefully they can keep that up.

Very excited about this game. Personally taking a long hiatus from the Souls games so I can become numb to the controls to challenge myself more. I'm sure things will be somewhat different control-wise but I want it to be like diving into the Soul series for the first time again. I'm sure it will be just as rage inducing as ever before.

Back