Article: Rumored Final Fantasy VII Remake Coming To PlayStation 4?

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Siliconera has learnt that Square Enix aredeveloping a Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 4.

The Final Fantasy VII remake will use a more modern art style for Cloud, similar to his appearance in Dissidia Final Fantasy orFinal Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Itis being created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII.

(And no, this isn’t theFinal Fantasy VII port for PlayStation 4 that was previously announced by Square.)

Note: Image from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

http://mobile.siliconera.com/home/2015-06-15-final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-coming-to-playstation-4#2

i read this. I'm not going to lie, that i believe its completely possible strictly by the latest teaser SE Presents on youtube has provided.

A bit childish, but the goal was that they were going to reveal something that is so super secret, they couldn't say. Also insisting our "heads will explode". i doubt SE is that naive to believe our heads will explode for anything other than FF7 remake.

:ffs:

Make up your fucking minds, Square Enix. How many times have we had this topic appear now?

I'm so sick and tired of this I'm not even going to dignify it with a rant until I see a source. Siliconera is more credible than a lot of websites I could name, and the timing is convenient considering the ridiculous number of E3 leaks this year, but...the hell am I giving this the time of day.

Besides, fuck FFVII, it's a pile of shit. XII HD, NOW.

XII>VII? Lulz. There's always one I guess.

and anyway; so cloud is going to look all fresh and dandy and the others are going to look like shit? Yeah, thanks but no thanks; until an actual femake is confirmed I don't really care about little gimmicky things like clouds saves and Gil boosters.

I read that they were just going to port Final Fantasy VII to PS4, not actually remake it.

One thing I got to say is that Square Enix better not make the characters look like in Advent Children. They look terrible! I prefer Crisis Core graphics better than the movie. As for the rumor I agree with you all. Square Enix need to make up their minds already and stop pretending they are really interested on making a remake. Fans are getting tired of reading the same old stuff over and over again. They should get to the point and say it already.

I personally don't mind advent children design. Specifically clouds hair. Plus we've seen flashbacks with cloud keeping that new hair in advent children complete, he also keeps it in G Bike mini game.

It must be E3 time again! Every year since SE performed the PS3 tech demo of FFVII opening sequence on the PS3 has this been rumored with "good inside information" and 9 years later it's still not even been formally announced. The only thing announced is FFVII for the PS4 with updated graphics (basically the PC version). Not going to hold my breath that this year they are going to release the PC version then in 2 years (for the 20th ani) they are going to release it again completely remade. Just don't see them doing it.

We knew this was going to happen ever since even the PS4 got announced or even before that. We all know it is going to continue from next-gen console to next-gen console. We all know it is not going to happen, yet.

Give us a damn decent XV. The franchise NEEDS it after XIII and its spawn.

It isn't a pile of shit :mokken:

...but a hell yeah to the latter. XII should definitely get the HD treatment!

:ffs:

Make up your fucking minds, Square Enix. How many times have we had this topic appear now?

I'm so sick and tired of this I'm not even going to dignify it with a rant until I see a source. Siliconera is more credible than a lot of websites I could name, and the timing is convenient considering the ridiculous number of E3 leaks this year, but...the hell am I giving this the time of day.

I agree with FFVII (definitely 1 of 2 titles in FF I'll never like, the other being IX) but if Square Enix wants to nickel & dime the FFVII fanbase, I'd tell Square Enix to go for it since the VII fanbase literally has asked for it.

I like FF7 and even I'm tired of hearing news like this. Moving on then.

personally, i think they can easily make a FF7 based on what FFXv has already shown. sure most of it will be modified heavily, but so long as the feeling is there, i wont mind. the only thing i'm worried about is handling the shrinking temple

Ohhh I'm waiting for tomorrow... I highly doubt this is true, why port the pc if they were planning this? Besides they need FFXV to be the main focus still. And even if they started this year or last year, wouldn't see the light of day for 5-6 years at least....

I'll just let these websites keep fooling people for another 5-500 years

Cloud: IM BACK BITCHES *MIC DROP*

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I SWEAR TO GOD IT LOOKS AMAZING RIGHT NOW
BUT I WILL KNOW IF I'M GONNA BUY IT WHEN I SEE CLOUD'S FACE

if the cgi is shit then i can't play that

i'm gonna trust that nojima is not going to contradict ffvii's original story

Seems like it is confirmed, but it's probably best to officially hear it tomorrow. :lew: I hope they don't fuck up the original storyline.

It's gonna get mucked up somehow and in someway, they are gonna do that one thing different that will cause the massive outrage.

I know..................... I didn't want to get excited........ sigh....

Back