Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Let's suppose for a moment you can whisk yourself back in time and meet with your past self just as he/she is booting up the game for the first time ever. Providing the fabric of time-space continuum hasn't collapsed on you, or a paradox erases your existence completely, what would you tell your wide-eyed, bushy-tailed self to do or not do in the game?

------------------------

1) "Look, I know it's bloody tedious and you just want to explore the world, do quests and do the main storyline, but for the love of The Twelve, start gathering and crafting as soon as you can! Especially the latter! Don't wait until like, a couple of weeks before the expansion to seriously get stuck in, because a marathon will probably leave you in a zombie state at the end of it, and you won't even finish on time! Consider also the wealth of moneymaking opportunities and options you will miss out on if you don't do this!"

2) "Get desynthesis unlocked and start working on it, especially for a class like Blacksmith. I still haven't even unlocked it yet, because I'm a brainless cretin. Don't make the same mistake as I have".

3) "When you return to the game in early November, switch out of Summoner ASAP for Scholar. No, you scrub. You have no need to fear when it comes to healing. No, you moron. You're more than capable of the role. Don't sit there convinced that all you can do is DPS, when you can heal AND DPS as a Scholar. Besides, when Ninja comes out, everyone and their mother will want to be one, so DPS queues will be even more hellish than usual. Get out of Summoner. Start a healer role. You will love your instant queues!"

4) "Yeah, I know you're worried about latency and how the PS3 and internet can handle a 24-man raid, but unlock it as soon as you can! Shock and horror, the 24-man raids are playable! Don't dawdle until the last month or so before the expansion to finally get all 3 done, when you could have used Syrcus to help farm i100 gear and taken advantage of so many Crystal Tower weekly quests for i130 gear!"

5) "I don't know what I was thinking when I splashed over 300k (nearly half my Gil savings at the time) to get a pre-Relic weapon with the Materias already attached. Don't do this. You can easily ask a friend to do it for you, providing you have the materials."

6) "Don't join the FC called Calamity's Ashes. It's not worth it and the folks there will likely infuriate you more than anything. Stay with the FFF crew, even if some drama flares up here and there."

7) "Craft."

8) "For the love of God, craft!"

To be honest, if I went back and talked to myself about this game ... I think honestly there would only explaining some of the money making techniques and when they hit so I would have millions of gil. :) That would be it, I am happy for all of the things I've seen and done in this game, along with everyone I have met.

To be honest, if I went back and talked to myself about this game ... I think honestly there would only explaining some of the money making techniques and when they hit so I would have millions of gil. :) That would be it, I am happy for all of the things I've seen and done in this game, along with everyone I have met.

This. Even now I think I could still do better with money-making techniques, but I get distracted easily in the game so it's hard to really sit down and figure out what I should be crafting / selling.

I also wished that I had started the 24-man raids much earlier. I recently just touched it a few weeks ago, and even now I don't keep up as often as I should. So my gear sucks a bit, but slowly working on it.

What else?

Wish we had a large house for the FC, of course! Kind of regret not buying one when the plots were still available, but then again we had no Gil at the time either. Bummer.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with things. I love contributing to the FC and helping people out...one of the main reasons why I continue to play. It makes gaming much more fun and interactive. I like seeing people contribute to something good and immerse themselves to the company, even if we're all on crack sometimes.

I'm not long at this game and know virtually nothing about it but already I have regrets! Why oh why did I get sidetracked so much starting out; why didn't I just power through the storyline like everyone else!!!!? :sad3:

There's only one thing I really regret not doing: completing the final fight in 1.0 against Nael van Darnus (Darnus Hard/Ex Mode as some called it). My group was so close and I was able to tank it successfully after the 3rd try, that had I been doing that fight more often earlier I'd have definitely been one of the fewer players to reach that far.

Now I just hope they never rerelease that fight as some want. It deserves its stay in history.

Unlock the damn challenge log!

I only learnt about and unlocked it today. It would have helped so much when I was levelling up. Though in my own defence, when I started playing I followed a starter guide on NeoGAF and I'm pretty it wasn't mentioned at all >.<

Back