XIV: Let's See Your UI

Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
What does your User Interface look like?

Feel free to post a couple of screen shots of your classes with different set-ups (if you have them).

I'll post mine later, still working on them all!

For those of you that don't know - you can customize your HUD by going into System options (in-game), choosing HUD layout, and drag and dropping things from there. More info on customizing your HUD: see here.

Cred: reddit: lets see your UI.

Edit: Oops.

This is what I meant to share:

ffxivui_zpsgzbxct8x.png

Finally!

ows4hhZ.png

SpbYs5b.png

So, the enmity list is to the left of my party list and the Limit bar is at the top left (which you can't see, obviously).

When I started healing I decided to move the party list. I find that by putting it down there and watching health bars close to where your hotbar / enmity / focus target bars are saves you from frantically looking around the room trying to find the person that needs healing, and missing a mechanic. Eye on the field for mechanics, eye on the party list for healing. My focus target bar, which I can't stress enough to ALWAYS use for bosses, is close to my party list and hotbar, because I look there most often. I find that having it somewhere closer makes it so that again there's one spot on the screen I have to look at for serious stuff, and aside from that I can keep an eye on the field.

Buff and de-buff statuses are right above my hotbar, again, for easy glancing.

Some user interfaces are cluttered as hell and it gives me anxiety just look at them. o_o

I tend to always zoom out when gaming, I don't understand how people can play while they're so up close to their character. How they dodge (or sometimes don't lol) AOEs is beyond me, but it makes for messy runs I've noticed. Some people have everything so cramped and huge it's just like... HOW can you even see the game anymore? Lmao. Anyway... What works for them may not work for me, of course. I'm very satisfied with my UI, peronally. :D

C9rxkmA.png

I was going to grab a shot of my screen when in combat, but I couldn't be bothered tonight. It won't be anything too different, but I will try and grab a shot of my screen when inside Void Ark or something. That would be the definition of a mess!

When it comes to the hotbars, I have more of a logical organisation than I do for Scholar. For Scholar, my skills and spells are all over the place and I rely on pure muscle memory when switching between tabs. On Astrologian I have grouped the Benefics, Ascend and Essential Dignity on the left while the damage-dealing spells are clustered on the right. All the cards functions including Time Dilation are on another tab, as is Synastry and whatever else I have omitted to mention.

Honestly? It's PS3. There is very little you can do with it. It lacks basic functions such as the Gil count and the colourful little boxes that I think signify inventory items(?). All extraneous things I have shrunken down as much as possible without being ineligible in order to leave as much of the screen estate as free from clutter as possible.

I feel like I've posted it before. Not sure! But anywho, this is my UI on PS4.

XsbWvxX.png

Nothing super crazy. I've resized everything so that it's smaller (default looks terrible!) and rearranged some stuff. Map at the bottom took a bit of getting used to but I figured that since I had space in the bottom right, I might as well open up the top part of my screen as makes it easier to see anything important that's actually happening. My reasoning is that a lot of mechanics will 'start' up there.

Here is an old screenshot I took during a trial with my party list and focus bar

NoW7qe0.jpg
Focus bar may look completely random sitting so high and away from everything but I've left it there purposely just so that my eyes are drawn to the top. Also since I'm playing on a TV, I can't make anything smaller without ruining my ability to read - so my party list is just in the default location. If I were to play on PC, I'd probably resize it further and move it like you have though!

ug2exLt.png

Normally have my own username turned off by Susano gave me anxiety with standing in lava. Smh.

Back