Multiple Platforms Tales of Berseria

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
The Next Tales of Game has just been announced at Tales of Festival! Tales of Berseria for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4! Updated with pictures of Velvet.

Tales of Berseria, surprisingly, will feature a female main protagonist. The character's name is Velvet ( ベルベット, berubetto) and will be voiced by Rina Satou. Ms. Satou also made an appearance at the event and expressed that she actually auditioned for the role. Her quote reads "I will not give up. No matter how many times they try, I'll devour them."

The main character designer for Velvet is Mutsumi Inomata. Velvet is apparently a female pirate, and themes of pirates and ships were shown during the short scenery video they played at the event.

No background information on Velvet or the game was given, as they said it is not yet time to give out said info. ufotable will be in charge of the animated cutscenes.

A placeholder website is available at http://talesofberseria.tales-ch.jp. The website also mentions Kosuke Fujishima as a main character designer.

www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1381

Last edited:
Tales of Berseria Takes Place In The Land Of Midgand

tales.jpg

The latest issue of Japan’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine has revealed new details on Tales of Berseria, Namco’s next Tales game for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. (Thanks, Anime News Network)

Tales of Berseria is set in the sacred kingdom of Midgand, which consists of several large lands and numerous archipelagos. Inhabitants of Midgand work to advance the region’s sailing and ship technology. The region is also said to suffer from extreme climate variations between its Northern and Southern areas, ranging from severe winters to everlasting summers.

Velvet, the game’s heroine, wakes up after a certain incident takes place three years prior to the start of the game, and her existence shocks the world for some unmentioned reason. While Velvet is designed by Mutsumi Inomata, Kosuke Fujishima will also return as a character designer.

Tales of Berseria does not have a release date yet.

http://mobile.siliconera.com/home/2015-06-11-tales-of-berseria-takes-place-in-the-land-of-midgand#2

Tales of Berseria For PS4 and PS3 Gets Screenshots Aplenty; Show Snowy City, Protagonist and More

A couple weeks ago Bandai Namco announced Tales of Berseria for PS4 and PS3, and today the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu had a quite large article including the first batch of screenshots and artwork from the game.

We can catch a glimpse on some of the environments of the game, including a snowy city, an autumn-themed countryside and a tropical island. We also get a better look at the protagonist Velvet.

You can check them all out below, but remember that they’re scans from a magazine, so the quality isn’t as good as direct feed screenshots. Still, they’re a decent first look.

Source: Weekly Famitsu

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06...eenshots-show-snowy-city-protagonist-and-more

I am not happy about the Tales series getting yet another limited title that will not take advantage of the PS4's full power because of limitations. I am a huge tales fan and this is terribly disappointing to me. Tales of Zestiria is coming to PS4 as well, but it still did not do great in Japan, and frankly, neither will Berseria. Maybe it is early to say that, but whatever. I just think the series has gone severely downhill and we need a real ps4 Tales title that promises to go back to the roots of Symphonia. Right now, all the new Tales titles have either been mediocre/just okay, and I really do not like how it is going. However, there is not much revealed about Berseria yet, which means I need to give it a chance.

The main character already screams miles about the reusing of assets. Look at Velvet. She is beautiful, but has a striking resemblance to Milla, and even Jude. This is severely disappointing, but at least we get another female lead. I am looking forward to Zestiria, but I really do not expect to like it much. Tales could lose the completely generic Holy villain under five generals crap, and also the story about two kingdoms at war. It is really getting dull.

It looks stunning from the trailer, and I love the snowy town screenshots (loooove them). Like our Adri said though, this needs to be something a bit more special than what we've seen lately. I think the fact she's a pirate and the overworld is on the sea (possible use of a ship, which doesn't happen in Tales, that I've seen) is enough to show that this could be pretty different so...I'll keep my hopes a little high for now :).

Better known as: Tales of Xillia 3. Looks like Milla and Jude had that baby after all, and she grew up to be a slutty-looking pirate who doesn't appear to have changed her clothes in at least five years. Another generic Tales title coming next year, then...like we haven't had enough of those since Symphonia was released. This series is becoming worse than Final Fantasy in its wild inconsistencies in quality and general mediocrity. About the only good things that can be said for this series at this point is that they don't take an eternity to develop them, and they're fairly good with localizing the things with passable - but tired - voice acting.

I'm willing to bet Aifread will factor into this story somehow. Just going to throw that out there. I suppose it's a good thing Velvet is older than Chat or Patty as well, but...pirate characters in Tales series are generally poor. Hurrah.

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here expecting something different.

Tales of Berseria’s New Trailer Shows Us More Of Velvet’s Past, Reveals New Characters

Bandai Namco revealed the newest trailer for Tales of Berseria today during the Tales of Festival. The new video shows us more of Velvet’s past along with a look at some new characters.The trailer introduces two new characters with Artorius/アルトリウス (CV: Kenyu Horiuchi) and Ceres/シアリーズ (CV: Satomi Arai). We’ll provide you guys with the localized names once it’s available. Artorius was once a part of Velvet’s family, and she called him “Arthur” at the time.

However, due to an incident he caused three years prior, the two have parted ways. As for Ceres, she’s a woman who does as commanded by Artorius. However, after regaining her feelings during the event three years prior, she begins questioning his actions.Tales of Berseria will release in Japan on August 18 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. The game is headed Westward in early 2017 for PlayStation 4 and PC.

It was also revealed that its original soundtrack album will release in Japan on September 28, 2016.

www.siliconera.com/2016/07/09/tales...-shows-us-velvets-past-reveals-new-characters

Back