What's Your Favourite Mount?

Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
What's your favourite mount on FF: XIV? Is it your trusted Chocobo, one of the fancy purchasable mounts, or mount drops?

Here's a list of all the mounts in game: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mount

Share your favourite mount, and feel free to include a screenshot along with your opinion on the best mounts!

____

For me, it's the Chocobo, Fat Chocobo and the Coeurl. Love those three. xD

Just gonna go with the current ones I have atm. So for me it's the magiteck armor just because I love the FF6 theme that plays when you ride around and the Garuda pony because of the music that also plays around as you ride it.

I'm partial to my coeurl mount. The music that plays is nice to listen to when I'm not really doing much. It helps that I have an IC (in character) reason to have the mount for RP as well. I love the damn thing. However... with that being said...

That griffon mount is likely going to take the place of it. Damn thing looks amazing, and it can fly. What's not to love at that point?

I don't have a particular favourite. I generally alternate between the following for their own reasons:

Xanthos (Garuda pony), simply because the theme song that blares from my TV whenever I hop on that majestic, possessed green Equidae is godly.

Liebchen is also just as widely used, because her iris purple colour is absolutely gorgeous and I can't help but want to stare at her as she runs around. :melody:

Both my Magitek mounts (normal and gilded), because the Terra theme has finally given both hulking colossi a reason to be used. That being said, the Gilded Magitek can't fire vanity cannons like the normal one can, so I have to deduct one point from it. Another point for looking like rusty copper on my screen instead of regal gold.

Honestly Slephnir.

I got him as a gift from a friend in my old server, of course I love my other mounts but this one is my favorite lol Love having odins theme song as riding music my only complaint is that it looks over steroided out

HMM.

I think probably Boreas right now, which is the pony that drops from Shiva. Got that a couple of days ago! The song is kinda catchy. Aside from that, I like the Griffin and the Chocobos (except the fat one :wacky: )

Twintania is my favourite mount for sure. I ride it much more than anything else. I feel like a special snowflake in the FC with it because I do not think anyone else has it, but still it is so fun to divebomb in the air or even on the ground. I wish the music playing was the actual Twintania fight in t5, but instead it is Midgardsomr, sadly. Twintania also looks very cool, cooler than any other dragon in the game, imo. Unless we get to mount Hraesvelgr or Nidhogg one day, I do not think I will be replacing my mount. I'm not a fan of the ponies much. They take too much time to get and everyone has them. Who wants to ride a pony when you can have a badass dragon?

Back