[Birthweek 2015] FFF Member's Choice Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiss me goodbye

Was very good song for FFXII to be in. Love the singing and lyrics.

Zero was pretty good too, but I know Kiss me goodbye better.

RESULTS
BATTLE 10

• Kiss Me Good-Bye (FFXII) = 3
• Zero (FF Type-0) = 2

~ Kiss Me Good-Bye (FFXII) goes forward to Round 2 ~

BATTLE 11
11 june 2015

Otherworld (FFX)

VS.

Melodies of Life (FFIX)

VOTE: Melodies of Life (FFIX)

There is a range of emotions conveyed in this song, all delivered with a delicate sensitivity. Unlike most of the previous Final Fantasy songs we've heard of this genre, I find the lyrics actually meaningful and full of imagery.

Melodies of Life, I actually don't like the dark rock overtone that Otherworld tries to do for FFX, even though it's the opening song of the blitz game it just doesn't seem to fit at all. So it's a major put-down to hear it cause I can't get into it. Not to mention it how they try to mix the lyric and music just doesn't work so it's also hard to get into. Melodies has the nice blend of all so it's easier to get into and listen to as well.

Are you kidding me? otherworld all day long. I actually like melodies of life but it pales in comparison. The most epic opening to a FF IMO

Are you kidding me? otherworld all day long. I actually like melodies of life but it pales in comparison. The most epic opening to a FF IMO

To a degree I agree with you there iSmiff. Otherworld rocks! I heard it first in Dissidia since I hadn't played FFX on PS2; almost fell out of my standing. It's one powerhouse of a song. \m/

Melodies of Life

One of the best vocal songs in any game (in my opinion obviously.) This song is just so great and fits in so well with Final Fantasy IX.

Otherworld was ok, but not even in my top 10 ff vocal songs. But don't hate it.

I love both songs for very different reasons.

Melodies of Life is just one of those quintessential and timeless Final Fantasy themes. Masterfully composed and wonderfully sung, this is probably Uematsu in his prime, before he slowly began to phone it in. Otherworld is just perfectly reflective of Jecht's colourful character and just refreshingly different from the rest of FFX's soundtrack. What a song to listen to during the game's true final boss as your arse is being constantly handed to you by the big man himself.

...I think I may betray fans of FFIX and Melodies of Life by voting for Otherworld. They're very different songs, so I cannot say which one trumps the other, but looking at the array of songs that have gone through to the next round, I'd like Otherworld to give it a shot, as it's atypical of the rest.

RESULTS
BATTLE 11

• Otherworld (FFX) = 2
• Melodies of Life (FFIX) = 4

~ Melodies of Life (FFIX) goes forward to Round 2 ~

END OF ROUND 1

LIST OF SONGS IN ROUND 2
Suteki da Ne (FFX)
Dragonsong (FFXIV-Heavensward)
Wanderer of Time (FFVI)
1,000 Words (FFX-2)
Eyes on Me (FFVIII)
Why (FFVII: CC)
Safe and Sound (FFVII: ACC)
Real Emotion (FFX-2)
Answers (FFXIV)
The Promised Land (FFVII: AC)
Kiss Me Good-Bye (FFXII)
Melodies of Life (FFIX)

Using a Random Number Generator the songs have been shuffled for the Round 2 Line-Up.

PLEASE NOTE: For ease of counting, please post your vote in Bold.

BATTLE 1
12 june 2015

Eyes on Me (FFVIII)

VS.

Wanderer of Time (FFVI)

VOTE: Wanderer of Time (FFVI)

Easy choice here for me, love this song a lot. ♥

Very hard choice here for me as I enjoy both songs a great deal, however since I am more partial to FFVIII that's where I am going to cast my vote so it goes to EYES ON ME​ but only by a small margin.

I like both... but voting Wanderer of Time since it's a classic.

Eyes on Me is too saccharine, is poorly translated (just look at the lyrics) and ill-fits as a theme for Squall and Rinoa. In fact, thanks, FFVIII, for saddling me with Squall and bloody Rinoa as the main characters instead of y'know, Laguna and his chums.

Wanderer of Time gets my vote. Easily.

I have to go with the very classical Wonderer of Time Just brings me back to the Snes era and my mind wonders in it. I do like Eyes on Me, but I I'm voting for my second FF game and first one I beat

Wanderer of Time for me, though a very hard choice. I don't tend to enjoy mushy mushy that much songs but Eyes On Me has a melody that bypasses that filter with extreme prejudice lololol. Still, if forced to choose which one I'd take to a desert island, I'd have to go with Wanderer of Time.

RESULTS
BATTLE 1

• Eyes on Me (FFVIII) = 2
• Wanderer of Time (FFVI) = 5

~ Wanderer of Time (FFVI) goes forward to Round 3 ~

BATTLE 2
13 june 2015

Safe and Sound (FFVII: ACC)

VS.

Melodies of Life (FFIX)

VOTE: Safe and Sound (FFVII: ACC)

It's closer to the style music I enjoy listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back