[Birthweek 2015] FFF Member's Choice Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote: Safe and Sound (FFVII: ACC)

I enjoy rock and kinda the hard base, but in JRPGS it just.... doesn't feel right (even in movies based on jrpgs...)

But the popish Real Emotion is like... nails on a chalk board!

Really I'm voting on which one doesn't annoy me here...

RESULTS
BATTLE 7

• Safe and Sound (FFVII: ACC) = 3
• Real Emotion (FFX-2) = 3

~ Safe and Sound (FFVII: ACC) and Real Emotion (FFX-2) goes forward to Round 2 ~

BATTLE 8
08 june 2015

Answers (FFXIV)

VS.

Longing (FFVII: DoC)

VOTE: Longing (FFVII: DoC)

This song sounds so weird; I like that.

ANWSERS the chanting that builds up to the lyrics I get is nice. Then when you get to the lyrics her voice does a good job of drawing you in, not to mention that you know shit is falling down as she sings. I think seeing the opening AMV to this song for XIV really helps it as you can feel the moment. Then it also has ominous chanting throughout which is also a win.

LONGING.

(I just love DoC so much it brings so much memories I just couldn't resist)

Answers is simply an amazing piece of music. I seriously think it is one of the best FF songs ever. It has that super powerful sad feel to it and I actually find it very emotional. I watched the video a while back of it in concert and I was quite literally blown away. FF XIV's music is sup par, but this piece of OST easily takes the cake. I think the main thing that does it for me is the epic chanting and build up to the sadness.

I'm sorry, but you don't start a song like that by assaulting my ears. Sorry, Longing, you don't appeal to me.

It has to be Answers. It punctuates FFXIV's theme of cyclical disasters and tragedies brilliantly, while the lyrics interestingly feature from both perspectives, the tensions between the inhabitants of Eorzea crying for succour in a calamity, and a strangely reticent Hydaelyn. Even without examining the lyrics against the contexts of the game, it's a powerful, bombastic song, serving as brilliant, rapturous and melancholic background for the virtual (and somewhat literal) nuking of an MMO. It's easily one of my favourite Final Fantasy vocal themes in the series.

FF XIV's music is sup par

You're deaf.

RESULTS
BATTLE 8

• Answers (FFXIV) = 4
• Longing (FFVII: DoC) = 2

~ Answers (FFXIV) goes forward to Round 2 ~

BATTLE 9
09 june 2015

Yakusoku no Basho|The Promised Place (FFXIII-2)

VS.

The Promised Land (FFVII: AC)

VOTE: The Promised Land (FFVII: AC)

It is my favourite song in the movie.

The Promised Land chanting easily beats the slow drawn out feeling that The Promised Place gave off.

Vote: Yakusoku no Basho|The Promised Place (FFXIII-2)

I actually really enjoyed most of XIII-2 soundtrack, this was a great song. Too bad I don't know Japanese :sad3:.

On a side note, am I the only one that thinks of Christmas or church music when I hear "the promise land"

RESULTS
BATTLE 9

• Yakusoku no Basho|The Promised Place (FFXIII-2) = 1
• The Promised Land (FFVII: AC) = 3

~ The Promised Land (FFVII: AC) goes forward to Round 2 ~

BATTLE 10
10 june 2015

Kiss Me Good-Bye (FFXII)

VS.

Zero (FF Type-0)
>>Click Here to listen to Full Version<<​

VOTE: Zero (FF Type-0)

Not that fond of either song to tell the truth. I find the singer's voice of Zero a little irritating and the lyrics of Kiss Me Good Bye seem very trite to me. In the end, better to go with the song with the irritating voice than the song whose lyrics sound cringe worthy no matter who sings it.

Kiss me Good-Bye​- Truth be told kinda liked both of them but Kiss me Good-Bye barely won for just being in English so was able to enjoy it just a little bit more.

Voting for Kiss Me Goodybe (FF XII)

I love this song and always have. Angela Aki is such a talented artist and has a cool Mix of Japanese/Italian descent, which I find is cool. This song was VERY emotional when I heard it for the first time upon completion of FF XII. It was one of the tracks that I appreciated most.

I love Zero as well but not as much as Kiss Me Goodbye.

Zero for sure!
been a fan of BoC ever since I was in middle school, and was pretty pumped up when they did Tales of the Abyss and ff type-0 op!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back