Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
600x400

That's as big as sigs can be on here, so can't we just allow as many images as possible as long as they stay within that size range? :gonk:

We do have a limit set, and we do prefer people don't make their signature sizes bigger than 600x400 pixels. However with the scroll bar implemented, I'm pretty sure @Mitsuki allowed for members to have multiple images. Don't quote me on that, let her confirm first. ;)

If so, perhaps a good idea to update the rules with that as well, Mits?

As far as having multiple images in your sig spaces, I agree this is useful for buttons and the likes. Are you sure it's set to only 4? :hmmm:

Gotcha, we'll let the admins look into this then. I can't make those decisions. Given them a heads up, though. =]

I'll keep the rules as is for now until Belazor updates the signature scroll feature. For some reason it doesn't work anymore and I believe I updated him awhile back but haven't heard anything about it. Unless I'm just not seeing the scroll feature (someone care to test it out?) but I'm pretty certain it doesn't work as it should. Otherwise yeah, I don't have a problem with having more than 4 images, but preferably let's keep the numbers reasonable. :) I might get yelled at if someone has over ten images in their sigs, etc.

Agreed, perhaps limit GIFs as well, because those have to load on members networks, etc.

5ae938cf31bc75b2635fbe57c74ca21b-d7z3jll.gif

No, this is turning out all wrong.
_awman__by_ragemotes-d3ered7.png

Don't limit GIFs.... anything but that.
Emoticon___TT_TT_by_Kida_Ookami.gif
Maybe in the sig-space, but not in posts :gonk:

I know I saw a scroll bar a while ago when I had my Taylor Kitsch signature.... it doesn't work anymore...

But the scroll bar shouldn't be the deciding factor because as long as the images all fit within the range of 600x400 it won't stretch the page and therefor not against forum regs. *inhales*

Here, like this;

ilzLIok.png

That is 600x400 in space, the space that's allowed. See how I fit 10+ images within the space and it doesn't stretch people's pages or anything because it doesn't get bigger than 600x400 in space.

And look, it does this for any images that go above 600x400;

FFLKfS7.png

That image was 900x600 and it shrinks the image. It's the same thing as a scroll bar, probably better. I'd say it's better because if the image is too big, it'll shrink it.

Let's say someone wants a 600x400 signature, then they can't have other images because they're signature already takes up all 600x400 space. But if someone wants to have multiple images that do not stretch outside of the 600x400 space, then it's ok. Like any of these;

8Kl2FCB.png

The red border is the cutoff for the signature space. See how I can have 5 images so long as they're within the 600x400 range?

7t4AS88.png

And this, I was able to fit 6 images so long as I adjusted each image's size in order to remain within the 600x400 box.

There should never be a limit on images, there should, however, be a limit on signature size. And signature size is 600x400... as long as people don't make a signature larger than that this shouldn't be a problem. And if you guys are worried about it, why not make it a purchase in the shops? That way, not only do people have to listen to the space regulations (600x400) but they also have to purchase extra space for more images and it doesn't become a global feature for everyone.

Please reconsider, I would love to be able to have my advertisement for my GFX shop, a signature, and a few other 'buttons' but I usually have to choose what to use because I'm limited to four.

I personally meant limiting gifs in the signature space. Not everyone's net can handle it.

Aside from that, I'd "limit" the "no limit" images until members reach the Full Member status. That way we can avoid spammers abusing the sig space.

Just my two cents, again, I think once the scroll bar is there, allowing more images shouldn't be that big an issue.

Agreed, perhaps limit GIFs as well, because those have to load on members networks, etc.

I actually think this is a great idea. I don't mind so much if people can have multiple images as long as they stay within that 600x400 limit. However, when it comes to overall size, I do browse the site on my phone and tablet a lot. Now, data plans with Verizon aren't exactly cheap. So there are times where I have to watch how many threads I open up at at time because I can go from using barely any data at all to all of a sudden hitting 300mb out of nowhere.

On my phone, that's not much of an issue because I use the mobile layout. On my tablet though, it defaults to the normal layout. Even worse, I often use my phone as a mobile hotspot because my internet where I currently live is shit, and mobile layout in a 1080 resolution looks like straight up puke on hairy ass.

So perhaps a limit on the size of gifs could be implemented. Personally, I think that 3mb for a gif is fine, but it's rather common these days to see gifs go up to around 30mb a pop. And that shit sucks for people using mobile data or on shitty internet in general.

Right then, scroll signature space fixed. Sorry for the long wait. Thanks, Belz.

Please stay within the 600x400px range even with the scroll feature implemented, out of consideration for people who regularly browse the site with their phone. If it goes over a bit and the scroll bar shows up due to text and bits of tiny images added, it's perfectly okay.

It is possible to include 4 images, providing that the height is 100 pixels each. Anything more than that (eg. 3-4 images with 200 pixels in height) is not allowed. The purpose of the scroll feature is to help ensure that you're within the 600x400 range.

We'll go ahead and manually enforce a rule for GIFs and limit it to 3mb. Doesn't have a setting via ACP so I'll just jot it down in the rules shortly.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

so... are we permitted more images so long as we stay within the 600x400px range? :hmmm:

I don't really know how to answer that question. I guess it would depend on how small your signatures are. If you can make 5-6 images (100px height max) fit within that space, I guess it would be okay. I really wouldn't go more than that.

What Cali means is that the system does not allow you to put more than 4 IMG images into the signature space (600x400). She's asking that if the images are small enough to fit in the given signature space if we can up the amount of img tags the system allows. @Mitsuki

Veterans can use up to 6 images, provided that they are tiny enough to fit within the range.

OH HELL YEAH

thank you for explaining this kira and thank you mits!!! :hug:

Back