*removed*

Version 1 and version 3 are my personal favourites.

I normally feel like giving "critique/feedback" is a royal pain in the arse, because I feel like you honestly cannot correct someone on a style of art. However, you're looking for some pointers here, so I'll try and give it a go. =]

Let me start by saying that the composition of this signature is great, I think the only issue is the style render itself. Something more "realistic" would've suited this piece better in the overall picture. Also, I'm not a great 3D signature maker myself, perhaps Ewan could help you?

Version 1: Though, personally I think the C4D in the front is too blurred out (you wanna blur the back C4D's to get that 3D effect). Maybe the lighting could've been toned down, but personally I like it, and I would've gone for the same boldness you went for. Maybe a gradient map and colour balance to even out the colours, because I do find the render is a bit out there still (has nothing to do with blending, like I said I think it's the render style).

Version 1: Same critique/feedback as the above. Not a fan of that text at all. I agree 100% that it's perhaps better to keep fonts simple when it comes to signature like these. Try Bebas - Dafont. <---

Version 3: You know I'm a sucker for out there text, so I love the text in this one. :lew: I can understand why a lot of people won't, so I will not comment on this further. It's just right up my alley. :lew:

----

Also, great job on the rendering! I hope this helped somewhat. :D I also hope you're getting back into GFX for real this time! We miss your face around the graphics section + it's good practice!

Oooh, I love these Stray Arrows! You pretty much nailed the colour palette, flow and text. I prefer the text on the second banner more because I think it looks more balanced in ratio to the piece.

The blurring and depth is very good, did you try making the C4Ds just behind the render (and a little bit around it) clearer and more in focus? It might enhance the 3D effect or it may not; it's a personal call there.

Thanks for sharing your work, so happy to see you taking up GFX again!

the c4d i used was very blocky and i blurred it as a last hope to use them cuz i had no other purple toned c4ds. i've still got the psd so i'll try and do that and fix the few mistakes that I see. thanks for commenting, btw.

one thing i'm always worried about with my sigs is... if they're too flat. i can never tell if they look glossy or shiny and it's why i usually throw a piece away. i've always been pretty shit with curves :lew:

I really like these. I think you did well with the pointers you got previously, and the colouring is (obviously) not something I'm going to complain about either. I have two things for constructive feedback.

1. Not a fan of the font, because it's small I feel like it distracts more than it should. With that said, I think it's also too far away from the render.
2. This:

Untitled-1.png

That texture looks like the edges weren't erased so it looks like a perfect square was pasted onto your canvas. I love the effect the texture gives, but maybe erase the harsh outlines so it doesn't look like a perfect square. :lew:

Great job, Cali. I told you you could make signatures like the people you admire in DeviantArt! :D

You're easily getting the hang of working with C4Ds.

As for the last piece, I like the 1st version better. It seems to have more color to it.

Oh wow! I love the first signature! That text is smashing! :D You're very inspiring, Cali! I'm totally in the mood for Photoshop now! Amazing update on your latest!

You should be getting a GFX urge anyway. Need to display your work more. =]

I really like the fact that you used your sisters artwork. Makes the piece so much more personal, I feel like and I think that's what creating graphics is all about!

aw omg thank you. ive got some stuff in the works but first i gotta update my theme on tumblr >_<

This is a lovely piece Costello. I particularly love the flower motif and your use of text. I can't put my finger on how, but you've managed to make the sprites and indeed the whole wallpaper, look dreamy and blended. Great work!

Love the soft colours you used and still managed to make them pop. Nice font too! You should definitely start posting your work regularly again!

Back