Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
To avoid buying expensive mats from each other (or just because I'm slightly curious), what did you call your retainers?

Both my retainers are human. Zachary and Ceruleans. No special reason behind it, except maybe Cerulean is my very first handle back in the neopets era (since I was 14) so I thought I'd roll with it.

Elvem, Emief, Xarrid, and Yayasir are the names of my retainers... no idea why but those are the names.

Scallywag and Huscarl

My retainers names are Kumaru, and Linn. Linn is the closest I could get to Liv's characters name. After all, everyone needs someone to carry their junk around. I love it every time I summon her and she says "I'm so sorry to keep you waiting, sir. So very, very sorry" lol . It makes me laugh just a little on the inside.

Goldylocks (Roegadyn) & Dunegirl (Miqo'te)

Goldylocks was once known as Slumgold. But then he hit it big and went cray-cray on everyone so I changed his gender, and Dunegirl always had her name.

Mine are Reno and Litterbox. :lew:

Anordin ♂ and Victus ♀. I wanted to name my male retainer Silence but they wouldn't let me! *schniff* :sadpanda: Anordin was the next best thing I guess.

Anordin ♂ and Victus ♀. I wanted to name my male retainer Silence but they wouldn't let me! *schniff* :sadpanda: Anordin was the next best thing I guess.

Yeah...

"Silence!"
"Yes?"
"No, I mean silence!"
"What do you-"
"Shut it, I said silence."
"But that's-"
"Damnit, Silence! Be quiet."

I only have two retainers because I do not want to be Square Enix's slave and pay for more. I actually did not put much thought into this and I went with very simple names. My first retainer is a female named Mary Louisa, which is named after my older cousin because she was over here while I was naming my retainer. My second retainer is named Antonietta because I like the name. Antonietta is also an Au ra because... why not? I thought having two human retainers would be boring.

Yeah, very simple and boring, I know. I actually wanted to name one of them Fiore or Fiora (after my favourite Xenoblade character) but it was taken. In fact, even Melia was taken, what a shock. Didn't really care about retainers at first, lol.

Lyra. :unsure:

Or something like that. I have no idea! It annoyed me that you couldn't just name them whatever you want. Who cares if there are two retainers with the same name?! Pretty sure I just grabbed this one off Google.

One retainer is named Galatea. The cyclops Polyphemos (my character’s namesake – the same cyclops which Odysseus blinded) had a crush on the nereid Galatea in in his youth. The name is also sometimes ascribed to Pygmalion’s statue. The sculptor fell in love with his own creation and Aphrodite breathed life into the statue and she became his lover. The word basically means ‘milky-white’ (hence galaxy) and so is appropriate for both the sea-foam associations of the cyclops’ love-interest and the smooth marble (or often ivory) curves of Pygmalion’s statue.

The other retainer is Kalypsomelia. Kalypso being the nymph Odysseus spent seven years with when he nearly forgot that he wanted to go home… Melia relating to ash tree nymphs or honey nymphs. I can’t really remember my reasoning… This one was more than a little bit pretentious, in hindsight.

I have two retainers. One of them is a female miqo'te calles Lorah, and the other is a male au ra named Vlador.

I didn't think much of how to name them, but I like names which are similar yet not the same of existing names, basicly I often create random names I think sound nice. Like Lorah is existing so it's a bad example, but Vlador somehow came from Vlad (Tepes) I guess? It just popped into me head, haha.

I have 4 retainers

Ascondia- Named for Aerians mother in my rp world.
Dubrinkski - Was the surname of Aerians uncle Kanes first wife (Back in the days of MSN Chat)
Rayla - Was Aerians girlfriend in the same world though murdered shortly before the Dragon Wars by a slave trader.
Aishani is Kanes current wife.

All my characters or retainer names are drawn from that same RP Universe. 10 years worth of writing has allowed making names far easier now!

Mine are Reno and Litterbox. :lew:

I miss Litterbox. That always cracked me up.

Reno & Lyrics is what they're called now I'm pretty sure. I'll have to double check sometime. >.>

I'm pretty sure mine are called Ilyxiara and Vulcanica. First one cause you can't name retainers same as your character name, and second is a throwback to my first ever World of Warcraft character 😄

Back