Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Au Ra. The new race. The lizard people who look like they have a weird skin disease. The race of large horny males and small, petite and delicate females. Like this one:

yQRRROg.jpg

Anyone here converting to Au Ra and why?

----------

I'm not going to bother. I've used up my single bottle of Fantasia already and lack of physical copy of the expansion for European PS3 players to pre-order means I likely won't get another one without forking out £5.50 for a bottle from the store.

I've already done my fair share of criticising the Au Ra. The strange physical disparity between the males and females is simply odd. The females were clearly designed to appeal primarily to the demographic that likes their cute kawaii avatars, with considerable work needed to get anything close to a sort of menacing succubus look I had wanted to create. Simply put, there's not enough of that novelty element to them that makes me want to change.

Plus, Miqo'te master race:

zzRaqGC.png

I was thinking about it to have my Dragon-eske Race Desire filled out but I'm exactly fond of the overly Dragonball Z type of body they give the males, I have a phantasia bottle left so I'll see what my options are when Heavensward comes out.

Honestly I'd prefer this over that bs race from XII/FFTA Baanga or w/e it was xD

probably 70-80% of the population will swap over to the new race (more so female avatars I assume)

i might for a little bit

i mean doesn't the preorder come with a fantasia? i don't really like miqote because plate armor looks too bulky on them and they just look dumb as hell holding a huge axe. just hope that these tiny au ra females don't come out with a bloodelf syndrome where all of their weapons look like knives to make sandwiches with

I am seriously considering changing my race, however if I do this I will need to change my gender as I'm not a fan of the males. This said, I really wish they were adding more than 1 race on this expansion, we need more races to drown out the lala even more.

sent from phone. Sorry for mistyped anything.

If I ever fix my connection and return to the game Polyphemos Bromios is staying as he is. Being a roegadyn pirate with one eye is his identity. Why would I want to make him look like a human with a fungal infection?

This design for a new race is a serious disappointment to me, and a waste of an opportunity. These guys look as if they've dipped their faces in chippie shop batter.

At least the males are lanky and may be slightly imposing in their height (and also may have interesting running motions)... The females are denied even this and just look like humans cosplaying as sufferers of greyscale.

Some people will like them though, and some people seem to already, so they must have done some research into what people want, etc.

After consideration and seeing Mr.Happy's video on Character Creation for Au Ra I will be swapping over to try it out to see if it will fulfill my desire for a Dragon Race'd character if not I shall go back to a happy cat and prey on wom.... err Catnip >_>

I am seriously considering changing my race, however if I do this I will need to change my gender as I'm not a fan of the males. This said, I really wish they were adding more than 1 race on this expansion, we need more races to drown out the lala even more.

sent from phone. Sorry for mistyped anything.
I have the same exact issue tbh, but if I do so I would have to change my name as well and thats bugs me soooo much...I have a question can I test out the options first or I will I have wasted a fantasia if I do so? I have never changed my looks at all since I started.

I'm planning to fantasia over into a Male Au Ra come expansion but I'm not sure which one of the two types of Au Ra I'll be. There's the PC benchmark that allows you to experiment with Au Ra designs in character creator Ohri-Jin, Emerson linked it in a thread in the FC board. I really like the Au Ra design.

I'm planning to fantasia over into a Male Au Ra come expansion but I'm not sure which one of the two types of Au Ra I'll be. There's the PC benchmark that allows you to experiment with Au Ra designs in character creator @Ohri-Jin, Emerson linked it in a thread in the FC board. I really like the Au Ra design.

No bro the male Au Ra's suck so much balls man :lew: like the female Au Ra's are Godesses compared to the males. Some of those have like DBZ hair, but yeah I do wish I could play around, but you know me I dont think my laptop can handle the benchmark. Im all console baby.

No bro the male Au Ra's suck so much balls man :lew: like the female Au Ra's are Godesses compared to the males. Some of those have like DBZ hair, but yeah I do wish I could play around, but you know me I dont think my laptop can handle the benchmark. Im all console baby.

Yeah same my laptop can't handle it :lew: I dunno though man I like the look of the male ones I'm gonna see if I can make a cool one when it comes out. I might not be able to play around with the benchmark but I'm gonna use a retainer fantasia bottle and experiment on them, save the appearances I like and then if I like a design I'll fantasia into that. I still have my original fantasia, I never used it so I think now might be the time...

Yeah same my laptop can't handle it :lew: I dunno though man I like the look of the male ones I'm gonna see if I can make a cool one when it comes out. I might not be able to play around with the benchmark but I'm gonna use a retainer fantasia bottle and experiment on them, save the appearances I like and then if I like a design I'll fantasia into that. I still have my original fantasia, I never used it so I think now might be the time...

OMG brilliant! Forgot about my retainers right xD. I will do exactly the same and yeah have my original fantasia as well. Oehhhhhhh ty for this bruh. My retainers are bombshells hmmm...

You don't even need to run the benchmark itself. The character creation thing comes with it, so simply download the benchmark and select the character creation screen from the software menu. It may be slow and stuttery if your machine is a potato, but you should be able to get it working on an average Windows 7/8 machine.

You don't even need to run the benchmark itself. The character creation thing comes with it, so simply download the benchmark and select the character creation screen from the software menu. It may be slow and stuttery if your machine is a potato, but you should be able to get it working on an average Windows 7/8 machine.

Thx for this Im gonna download it right away then and fiddle with it.

What do you guys think?

11050130_841208789267337_8800525403403158250_n.jpg

11215850_841208809267335_3749638682471330677_n.jpg

Harlequin show me yours bruh!

Last edited:
:ohoho: yeah man they look sick

i havent downloaded it yet but ill take a look at it soon!

M8RK5lx.png

Ohri-Jin

There it is man :D

I made a Xaela too but I prefered the lighter horns. The female designs aren't to my taste, I'll definitely be fantasia-ing into something like this.

Last edited:
Man I downloaded the benchmark and booted up Chara Creation but all I get is a blackscreen, no sound, no graphics just a plain black window :( I dunno if my graphics card is crap or what but looks like I won't be able to cheat and get a sneak peak at my new race :l

Meijin Kawaguchi bummer man it's really fun to fiddle with the character creating tool :lew:
Check my hot lizard chick: (I wont go female though after all)

female%20au%20ra%203.png

female%20au%20ra.png

female%20au%20ra%202.png

Harlequin sorry bro on psn I had to go that day.....I actually decided to take a break from ffxiv. I had maybe like 7 days of sub left that day. Might have run out by now. I have rl issues atm meaning I am broke as hell no job lazy as fuck ,but also ffxiv basically sucked me in so much that I had no life outside it :lew: in the process not paying my rent and shit....Im fucking ashamed of myself but hey I will definitely come back one day but yeh need to get my shit together.

GL on your pony farming! I do have to mention no offense but I don't know about the Lamia server tbh when it comes to activity. My Server is basically so crowded no one has issues with filling pf's on a regular basis. I never had to df extreme primals but even if I did most ppl know their stuff lol.

Sometimes even through df we met ppl that basically had no reason to be there other than maybe helping fc members like us I suppose. I am just saying if you are forced to do primals through DF instead of PF it's definitely a server issue imho. but yeah I cant convince yall to move servers anyway xD

They were somewhat appealing to me. Until I created one from the benchmark, and it was as I feared. The Au Ra female is pitifully too small, like a Miqo'te/Midlander hybrid. That really sucks, because I was one of those originally pushing for a half-dragon/half-demon race in 1.0. This most certainly turned to a nightmare for me, because if anyone were to ask for a real half-dragon/half-demon race, all the devs have to do is point to the Au Ra and say, "that's your race. Period." When instead I'd've been expecting an Au Ra female to be no smaller than my own Highlander Female, and have claws for hands as well as better looking and darker scales.

I don't plan on it. When it comes to the races in this game I've felt that they're either "meh" or "literally retarded".

Meh Tier:
Humans (of which I am)
Elezen
Roe

Literally Retarded Tier:
Miqo'te
Lalafell
Au Ra

The meh don't stand out, but I can stand to roll one if I should ever want to. The literally retarded tier are super stupid midgets that are LOLXDSORANDOM, Weeaboo Cat People, and now the fuck is wrong with you dragon people. The problem with these is that they stand out a bit too much. It's like that character in that show/anime/video game that was obviously created to appeal to a certain crowd. It works, so I can't complain too much, but I'm just not a fan of how they look.

I legit see Miqo'te everywhere, and most of them are obviously guys who glamed theirs up to be super slutty and probably fap to them. Lalafell are just really dumb looking to me. A race of weird-ass looking 6 year olds... I can't. Au Ra are straight up dragon people. They're like something that would show up mid season to ruin a somewhat decent anime with their special snowflake syndrome.

Once the expansion hits, we're going to be seeing a lot of people fantasia into Au Ra. It's not bad, I'll probably see less "obviously a dude" cat chicks and more "obviously a dude" Au Ra women now. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. It's ultimately not a huge deal anyway, but I'll just stick with my human. "But that's so bland!" Well, it's either bland or straight up mary-sue status.

Back