Praygon

Lord of beef
Gil
FFXIV
Chase writhe
FFXIV Server
Shiva
Hellos and good evening/morning/Friday

I am interested in a very particular type of anime the more darker true to life (sort of) animes were the characters act more like real people. I cant stand the comedy kawaii stuff in anime which isnt to say its bad if you like that then power to you brother but its not for me.
So far I have watched the following animes. Death note, Code geass,attack on titan, Berserk,Psychopass, Both hellsings, Both full metal alchemists, Future diary's, Fate zero, Ergo proxy, High school of the dead, steins gate, Black lagoon,Akira,Dragon ball z (as a kid) and sword art online.

Elfen lied and evongalion dont really appeal to me with the exception of hellsing I dont really like the ridiculously overly gore orientated stuff.So im looking for serious action or psychological based animes with a minimum of the kawaii factor do you guys & girls know any decent ones Iv missed?

Hmm going on that note two I would recommended and i'll give incredibly brief descriptions of both of them are 1. Kaze No Stigma(Think avatar the last air bender but no person using all 4 elements. Splash in more mafia like elements and is considered an anime, as well as fighting demons and there you go.) 2. Darker then Black, this one is a bit more complicated. In long run you have heavens and hell gates, with what happened to on of them the world lost it's true sky and was covered by fake stars at night. These stars represent contractors people who operate by using pure logic alone and have special powers varying from controlling wind, water, or just plain levitation. The catch side is they lose all human emotion, operate on pure logic and have to pay a cost for their powers after using by some driving force, like either drinking or smoking. Top it off with the government trying to keep these "contractors" existence a secret you might find something you enjoy.

Higurashi no naku koro ni is my all-time favourite anime and is a horror/murder mystery kinda thing. It has those cute vibes at points, but only at the start of each arc, before this really kick off. If you're gonna try this, at least watch the whole of the 1st arc (3 or 4 eps) before judging it fully :).

I love these types of anime's! I have a few that I recently watched/am watching that I think you'll enjoy!

1.) Death Parade - It's a bit short but it's really fun and dark and kind of depressing at times. I really like it's concept of taking place in a sort of purgatory and having humans play games to figure out if they're going to heaven or hell. Really emotional stuff!

2.) Tokyo Ghoul - This one is pretty dark and action oriented. I think if you like Attack on Titan then I think you might like this as it's gritty in a similar way. Only two season's are out now. I think there might be a third in the future. It's about a kid being accidently turned into a ghoul, a creature that blends into society and eats humans at night.

3.) Parasite: the Maxim - I'm still watching this one. I find it pretty similar to tokyo ghoul in some ways, but set in a more realistic universe. Basically it's about parasites infiltrating the human race to exterminate it or something along those lines and a kid accidently acquiring a parasyte that's taken over his hand instead of his whole body.

4.) Black Butler - This one's a classic, and while I personally prefer the manga, the anime's 2 seasons ans spinoff series still hold up as really entertaining and dark and mysterious. It's basically about a rich little kid with one hell of a butler.

5.) Hell Girl - This is one of my personal favorites and also a hidden gem of mine. The first season is dubbed. All three seasons tell stories of dark injustices that could and do happen in the real world. It amps up the fun by adding in Hell girl whose called upon victims to kill their tormentors in exchange for their own souls. If you come to an episode about a dog I highly suggest skipping it. It still makes my stomach churn. :sad2:

6.) Darker than Black - Soulcorruptor explained it best. It's very worth watching.

7.) Guilty Crown - I highly recommend this if you liked Code Geass. It's set in the future but the story is really something and the sountrack has some wonderful songs done by the same guy who made a few of Attack on Titan's themesongs. I highly suggest trying it out. I don't really feel like explaining the premise though because I forgot.

8.) Deadman Wonderland - This one makes me sad because they cancelled it after one season due to low rating in japan, however the story is really strong with this one and it definitely leaves an impression. It's about a kid whose class is murdered right before his eyes and then he gets framed for the massacre and put in a jail that doubles as a death carnival with secret labs and people with secret blood powers. It's really awesome and I wished they'd done more with it.

9.) Gunslinger Girl - As far as violence goes it's pretty tame. The darkness in this anime stems from the little girls themselves in it. The story is about girls on the brink of death who are turned into androids(With limited lifespans and constantly wiped memories) to become assassins in Italy. It's really kind of dark in the first season. The second season lightens the tone a bit more.

10.) Madoka Magica - This is probably one of the darkest on the list. It's proclaimed as the darkest magical girl anime, and with good reason. I highly recommend just watching the first three episodes, even if you think it's just some boring middle school anime girl fluff, it gets dark really quickly and doesn't stop.

Honorable mentions:

Angel Beats - Dead Kids in the afterlife fighting some kind of war.
Blue Exorcist - The devil's sons coping in a magic school of sorts.
Code Breaker - Very similar to a lot of animes namely Kaze no stigma.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I'm slowly burning through the first episode of each suggestion as im introducing a friend to anime and I dont whanna scare them off with any of the weirder kawaii stuff (watched stiens gate with them I loved it but they hated it with a passion). From what iv watched so far they all seem great iv got enough here to entertain me for a long time.

Again thank you everyone :D

Back