Taking My Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casius Magnus

Banned
Gil
I've taken some time, and sought the advice of my 2-IC, and I'm afraid I can no longer support, or be a member of a community that facilitates, and allows the mockery of the Canadian Armed Forces, or any of her brave men and women. Moreover, harbours individuals who would have the audacity and malevolence to take part in such hostility. Especially when that person is a citizen of the United Kingdom, and who owes their freedom, potentially even existence, directly to the bravery and sacrifice of countless Canadian men who gave it all not once, but a second time, when no one else would.

That man's opinions are made irrelevant by that very fact, but this is a matter of principle. I can't rightly be a part of an organization that finds that sort of deplorable behaviour forgivable.

I wish you all the very best of luck. Despite being treated like an unwelcome guest, I enjoyed my time here.

And in case he's not, how about we just settle down on the whole issue and respect someone wants to leave.

Best of luck to you Casius, I'm sorry things didn't pan out better for you here.

Soldiers fight for the freedom to disagree with what the military does. You can respect a thing and not be in lockstep with the thing.

Anyway, take care. Hope you change your mind, and you are welcome back if you do.

Take care and whatever issues you have hope you can work them out and maybe we can see you come back.

Sorry to hear that your experience here wasn't entirely the best. All the best of luck, Casius. Despite what you think about being an unwelcome member here, you're more than welcome to join us again should you change your mind.

[Moved to Guadosalam]

Let's suppose for a moment that you simply didn't perceive the intentions of this person incorrectly and that he genuinely was slagging off the Canadian military. So what? It's the bloody internet where any opinion can be freely broadcasted, tastefully or not, or whether you agree with them or not. Simply from doing that, he would have broken no forum rules and as a result, staff have no real grounds to silence or even ban him. You've poured an ocean of scorn onto the US military, let's not forget. Would you relent if an American patriot on this website right now reacted the same way as you and wrote a post eerily as similar as you have?

I also respectfully ask that you seek some sort of anger management help. It's admirable that you hold such love for your country and for your military, but this sort of bizarre, slavish, oversensitive tendency to explode at the slightest of perceived dissent/attack makes you look totally unhinged.

Sorry to see you storm out like this and as everyone's already said, you are more than welcome to pop back in, hopefully once you have cooled your cylinders.

A member wishes to make it known to everyone that he or she is leaving for whatever reason that may be. In this case, please do not be disrespectful by spamming the thread or behaving inappropriately, regardless of what you think of the member(s) or leaving threads in general. Such posts will be deleted without warning, and a moderator will ask that you cooperate by not making things awkward for the member. If you do not wish to contribute to the leaving thread, then it is best not to post at all. All we ask is a little ounce of respect for our members, whether they are leaving for a few weeks/months, or permanently. If anyone fails to comply to the warning and continues to make a mockery of the situation, further consequences will be taken. This kind of behavior is not tolerated in our community.

Take care man! I appreciated all of our convos regarding the supernatural! I hope you decide to return in the future! ^_^

I am very sorry to see you leave.
I hope in future that more respect is given to armies on FFF.
You will be missed and always welcomed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back