Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Credit to Kittius Maximus for this thread idea.

So how did you come up with your character's name? Any special meaning or dedication that you'd care to mention? It surely makes a fun and interesting read!

Mitsuki...well, that's obvious. I've been Mitsuki for about ten years so it's hard name to drop. I went with Calei as the last name for my character, after my kids. Calvin. Leilani.

I am Kittius Maximus

Kittius: Because i am playing as the race that looks like a cat and the ius because it goes well with my last name!
Maximus: well because Maximus is latin for greatest, so therefor i am the greatest kitty. :3

It marks the first time that i havent used the handle Beyondzer0 in an mmo in as long as i can remember
I have been Beyondzer0 for about 12+ years. If i cant be Beyondzer0 im usually Dreamthend1e.

Linnaete Mellemme

I completely made the name up spontaneously in my head as I was in the character creation screen. I have imbued it with no actual meaning or significance. Neither words actually mean anything to me. I don't even know how my name is supposed to be pronounced. Lin-nate? Lin-nei-tay? Mel-lem? Mel-lomme? I dunno, I'll come up with a pronunciation I actually like one of these days.

At the very least, it's a unique name. It's solidly my identity in the game and there's only one Linnaete and/or Mellemme running around. I'm easy to find on the Lodestone website, unlike the many thousands of Clouds, Kiritos and Highwinds that seem to be totally ubiquitous.

Well, originally it was Linnaete Melleme on the Zodiark server, but I nuked it and started over in Lamia, dumbly thinking that you can't have a duplicate character name even on another server, so an extra m suddenly appeared.

Eh I mostly made mine so people on here(at the time I was Yu Narukami on the forum) could find me easily but I chose it for 2 reasons.

Kuro - Since my favorite color is Black xD

Narukami - since I like P4/P4A and the last name Narukami sounds good anyways :P

I called my character Polyphemos Bromios.

Polyphemos (Greek for 'much famed') - The name of the most famous of the cyclopes. The one who Odysseus blinded after he gobbled up some of his crew.

Bromios (Greek for 'roarer') - Typically an epithet of the god Dionysos, god of wine, ecstasy, madness, fertility, theatre, etc, etc.

I came up with this guy by combining the forms of Polyphemos and Bromios together (ignore the fairy).

Polyphemos%20Bromios%2022_11_2014%2000_02_33.png

Traits from Polyphemos:
He's one of the tallest (if not the tallest) character models possible in the game.
He has one eye operational. The other eye is white and scarred.

Traits from Dionysos:
I made his (operational) eye purple, and gave him purple streaks in his otherwise blue hair, in order to resemble the colour of wine.
I designed him to be a pirate. In myth Dionysos (as in my avatar) was once kidnapped by pirates, but he scared them off and they leapt into the ocean and became dolphins.

Dionysos is my online identity on this forum now, so Bromios was a subtler way of connecting my XIV character to my FFF identity.

Bambi just because I've been Bambi for years lol

Branford, is just really close to my own surname, so went with that when i was wondering if i should have an FFrelated surname

Emerson Falcon was the name I first used for the first char I rolled back when I was first introduced to D&D back when I was kid, from there the name has stuck with me from my BBS days all the way through till today. I'm happy it has it has served me well.

The name Nicus Kritt has been with me many many years, since the WotLK in WoW. I spent so much time seeing the name being called in guild/FC chats that I felt like something would feel off if I didn't use his name. I didn't know I had become so attached to it. He is my main and I like it that way.

Roshidon...made this while I was a kid and have been using it since. I distinctly remember being inspired by dinosaurs at the time...

My surname Fairweather....just thought it sounded cool.

I would add a pic of my character but not playing FFxiv or my computer atm cuz my cat peed on it. damn cats.

Kinda simple and seriously lame maybe but I went with Aerian Elcarus, Originally I started with a male Hyur on Cactuar during the beta of FF14 on PS3, but quickly decided I like the female animations much better. During the second phase I believe I created a female Hyur. Anyways besides the point.

When I came to join FF14 fully back in November last year I decided on using female so the name was easy to pluck from my own Roleplay Universe as I built that world to lend itself anywhere I decide to go.

I went with Aerian Elcarus, because she has been the forefront of that world for the last couple years. Aerian is a complex but fearless woman who is dedicated to been better no matter which Universe she is involved in. So that's where she ended up and how she ended up been my FF14 character!

Last edited:
Keira Welch.

I have a female character because I generally dislike how bulky guys are portrayed as in games and how ugly some of the gear looks for them. As for the name, well Keira is just one I like. No particular reason! I was trying to think of names that would go somewhat well together, and so I got "Welch" off a list of names from Google. Admittedly I had a few others in mind but after a quick search I realised there were adult film stars similarly named. Noooo thanks.

I'm terribly indecisive so I'll probably change it again in the future

Smooth Move

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Back