Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Floyd Mayweather and Pacquiao is finally happening on May 2nd! They really should've done this five years ago.

But anyway, for those of you watching the fight (I will be in L.A. with family as usual for this fight) who do you think will win?

My money's on Mayweather, but I sure would love Pacman to win.

I would love for Pac to win, but Mayweather will. He likes to wait for fighters to be out of their prime before fighting them.

I would love for Pac to win, but Mayweather will. He likes to wait for fighters to be out of their prime before fighting them.

:ohoho: No you didn't.

Nah my heart says Pacquiao but my head says Mayweather. Boxing these days isn't about the sport it's about the hype, if it was sport these guys would've fought several years ago. Looking at the bigger picture you have to say the sport is severely lacking in quality when guys in their late 30s are still dominating their divisions.

So...fight's over and the internet is flooded with Mayweather Hugs. I love Pacman and was sorely disappointed that he lost, but am I the only one who thinks Mayweather won that fight outright? Call him a 'coward' for 'running', sure...(honestly it was really lame, I know)...but footwork is part of the game, and Mayweather does it really well - to many's (er, Manny's) dismay.

Not to defend Mayweather, but that's just my honest input. Pacquiao landed a couple of clean hits in the earlier rounds, and while I do think a couple rounds should've been his due to that he did throw more punches... they didn't really land effectively. Mayweather, on the other hand, had some pretty good and solid punches thrown at Pacquiao - more than a couple times too. He didn't 'do nothing' - like Mayweather said, he was just more calculated (aka boring, but skilled) about the whole process.

Definitely an annoying fight though. I really wanted to see some action, but Pacquiao wasn't as aggressive like he used to be, and it certainly didn't help that Mayweather chose to play it smart. But that's his style though, I guess.

Still gotta give it up to Manny though. He's an exciting boxer and that's what I love about him. Props to him despite the loss. He's still a winner to me. I just refuse to jump the hate bandwagon on Mayweather.

First of all let me just say that I think Mayweather did win the fight, but I can't believe I stayed up until 6:30 am to watch this self proclaimed best ever jab his way to a points victory for the umpteenth time in his career.

I did enjoy watching the technique, but I don't think the referee was fair to Pacquiao. Everyone knows that Floyd has what is probably the best defence in boxing ever and we expected Manny to put pressure on Floyd but every time he had Floyd in areas he could work on him the referee allowed Floyd to clinch his way out of trouble. Mayweather probably hugged Pacquiao more times in those opening rounds than my dad has ever hugged me, I'm surprised the referee didn't caution him at the very least - instead of seeing the defensive master box his way out of trouble all he had to do was duck down and launch into Manny's midriff. If you're not going to fight like a champion at least fight like a man. Manny kept the pressure on gamefully and there is no doubt Floyd ran from him the whole fight, but in the end the better boxer won, it's just a crying shame this is the best the sport could muster up.

i really don't understand boxing as a sport. never really watched it until the other day.

just seems like it's run on a super gamey type of system that defeats the entire point of just plain being a better fighter. it's like why even watch boxing? mma takes way more skill and you aren't going to see anyone in the sport be called a champion for huggin a motherfucker all day lmao

dont really think it has anything to do with a bandwagon. it was just a really disappointing experience.

Clippers vs Spurs Game 7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Truly a disappointing experience. I had my money on Mayweather, however, I wanted Pacquiao to win. I have been waiting for this fight for quite a few years. To see a real brawl out is what everyone wanted, just a little bit of blood please? Both walked away without a scratch. So much dancing, hugging, and hit and run. Sounds like a romance gone wrong. Both walked away winners with their fat paychecks and the world lost. What happened to the aggressive maneuvers and flurries of Pacquiao and why couldn't we see the Mayweather of his younger days when he actually fought. Don't get me wrong both are incredible and highly skilled boxers, but that skill and heart was not shown in this fight. You want to see a boxing brawl out that puts others to shame? Check out Mickey Ward vs Arturo Gatti.

why couldn't we see the Mayweather of his younger days when he actually fought.
His hands. The bones in his hands are very brittle, which means he can't be very offensive. The last person he knocked out was Ortiz, in unusual circumstances, before that you have to got back to 2007 for his last KO. It's also worth pointing out that Mayweather has already retired once and spent time in jail.
The Gatti Ward trilogy is hugely entertaining, but Mayweather absolutely embarrassed Gatti when they fought.
I think Floyd's problem is that he's so good he makes fights look dull because there's such a gap in class between him and his opponents.

just seems like it's run on a super gamey type of system that defeats the entire point of just plain being a better fighter. it's like why even watch boxing? mma takes way more skill and you aren't going to see anyone in the sport be called a champion for huggin a motherfucker all day lmao
Let's not pretend that MMA is much more than a legal trailer park brawl, it takes virtually no skill and is often over in minutes. When it lasts longer than a minute it involves 2 men hugging each other on the ground for what seems like hours. It's gay sex without the penetration.
Floyd Mayweather has more skill than everyone in UFC combined. How long do you think he spent perfecting his technique so that his opponents miss with 80% of their punches? And it's not like Mayweather is the only recent great defensive boxer. There was Pernell Whitaker, who could dodge several shotgun blasts, and Winky Wright.
Also the MMA heavyweight title was won by a guy from WWE. That just screams high quality.

If you're not going to fight like a champion at least fight like a man
The implication there is that Mayweather is being a coward.
If you'd like to get in the ring with Pacquiao, or Maidana, or Oscar De La Hoya, and let them repeatedly punch you in the head, then you can call Mayweather a coward. It might be difficult, as there's a fair chance you'd be dead though.

I don't mean to come across as a Mayweather fanboy, because I'm not. But the amount of casual boxing fans coming out and criticising Mayweather for doing what he does in every fight is ridiculous. Especially when they criticise his for running or clinching. People feel cheated because they failed to do even the slightest bit of research. If you want to watch two human beings brainlessly brutalise each other, watch MMA. Or just look up American police arresting African-Americans. Don't expect two boxers considerably past their prime to fulfill your atavistic bloodlust.

If you'd like to get in the ring with Pacquiao, or Maidana, or Oscar De La Hoya, and let them repeatedly punch you in the head, then you can call Mayweather a coward. It might be difficult, as there's a fair chance you'd be dead though.

I don't mean to come across as a Mayweather fanboy, because I'm not. But the amount of casual boxing fans coming out and criticising Mayweather for doing what he does in every fight is ridiculous. Especially when they criticise his for running or clinching. People feel cheated because they failed to do even the slightest bit of research. If you want to watch two human beings brainlessly brutalise each other, watch MMA. Or just look up American police arresting African-Americans. Don't expect two boxers considerably past their prime to fulfill your atavistic bloodlust.

If any one of those guys approached me tomorrow for a match I'd take them up on the offer. They wouldn't kill me they'd probably just knock me out in the first 5 seconds. I was implying that Floyd fought cheap rather than cowardly, he should fight honourably like a real man.

And you might know a thing or two about boxing, but this "casual fan" argument is nonsense. Clinching is against the rules and you can be deducted points for using the clinch excessively, which is exactly what Floyd was doing throughout the match. The purists don't want to see clinching they want to see boxing. Ducking down below the belt and spearing your opponent's midriff is not textbook defensive boxing. What this fight was missing (besides proper officiating) was two fighters with something to fight for. Both men were considered the best of their generation and both were guaranteed massive financial gains, therefore neither fought doggedly for the win. All they had to do was turn up and that's exactly the type of fight we got.

His hands. The bones in his hands are very brittle, which means he can't be very offensive. The last person he knocked out was Ortiz, in unusual circumstances, before that you have to got back to 2007 for his last KO. It's also worth pointing out that Mayweather has already retired once and spent time in jail.
The Gatti Ward trilogy is hugely entertaining, but Mayweather absolutely embarrassed Gatti when they fought.
I think Floyd's problem is that he's so good he makes fights look dull because there's such a gap in class between him and his opponents.

Let's not pretend that MMA is much more than a legal trailer park brawl, it takes virtually no skill and is often over in minutes. When it lasts longer than a minute it involves 2 men hugging each other on the ground for what seems like hours. It's gay sex without the penetration.
Floyd Mayweather has more skill than everyone in UFC combined. How long do you think he spent perfecting his technique so that his opponents miss with 80% of their punches? And it's not like Mayweather is the only recent great defensive boxer. There was Pernell Whitaker, who could dodge several shotgun blasts, and Winky Wright.
Also the MMA heavyweight title was won by a guy from WWE. That just screams high quality.

You really just said that? Brock Lesnar is an absolute badass, and one of the toughest SOB's out there. Do NOT try and discredit what he did in UFC just because he was in the WWE. You clearly didn't watch him in WWE, neither. He's a fucking freak. I mean that in the most positive way too.

I find your general view of UFC to be completely disrespectful too. No skill is involved? That's ridiculous. And I'm not even a fan of the sport.

Back