Original Azure Dawn: The Blue Moon Prophecy

Casius Magnus

Banned
Gil

"I have walked among the stars to serve my fate, and even in the shadow of defeat, they will not give me the answer to this mystery."

Herru Damasacus

Introduction Pt. 1

By the tip of an arrow, the Light will come. The Light shall bare the seed, and the seed shall bare the Harvest. The Harvest shall be broken, and forgotten for a time. Not until the coming of the Sons of Marcus, will the Harvest of the Light be remembered.

In a vision, I was taken to the Realm of Rune in the form of my soul's eyes. Here I was to watch the events that must come, bringing a restoration of a balance long lost to time and memory.

These, are the things I saw.

"Behold! For here I hold the Harvest" the Light called out in a voice like a raging sea. The Harvest was presented before me.

The first piece of the Harvest was ill. Its illness gave it power, and its power made it ill. Its branches were black, and its leaves of wisdom were rotten with death. It had only created one piece of fruit. The fruit was bitter, and most would not eat of it, for fear of death. Now the one would be summoned to eat the fruit; for it was created for this one's tongue.

The second piece of the Harvest was perilous. Its branches were a gnarled web of thorns that concealed a bulb of many roses. Many of the roses were dead or dieing, but some were fresh and healthy. Many would try to pick the roses, but the thorns were too clever and hateful, and they abused them, drawing their blood. Only by their blood, could the roses stay alive; for they grew in the darkness.

The third piece of the Harvest was chaotic and gloomy. Such struggle it created, simply by being. Its branches were an ill, black web of twisted thorns. It grew between the darkness and the ill soil. Its branches grew too close to the second piece, and its branches were abused by the second piece. Its branches also grew too close to the first piece, and its thorns cut the fruit, drawing it's juice.

The stars would hide for days and cry for the third piece. Great floods would cause suffering and destroy all comfort. Twelve days of rain. I wept so hard in those days, that the feeling of eminent, strangling sorrow shall surely follow me to my grave. How all of the animals gather around the third piece, singing, crying, and lamenting for it.

Now I hear the soft, intoxicating voice of the Mother, Terra. She sings me a lullaby, and tells me I must cry no more. But there is sadness still, in her voice. Although I am dreaming, I can feel my body again. Such pain! My throat, crushed as by a cannon ball. My left side, pumping with a pain as by the stab of a dagger.

These feelings pass, and now I can see it again, the Harvest as it was before the rain and floods. The Light came now, and spoke to everyone.

"Look! Do not be sad. For it is only by the blood of the third piece, that the roses may create their own light. And it is only by the juice of the first piece, that the bulb of seeds within the third piece can stay alive. Much suffering is required to obtain such glory as the second Harvest may bring."

The Tome of The Oracle

Introduction Pt. 2

The porch of this rustic old house was huge. It was made of a smooth rich mahogany, polished mostly, except the years of people coming and going were clearly visible in the worn tracks littered over its surface. White-washed was the house, but everything else was all wood. Wooden shutters on the windows, a few wooden benches and other wooden brick-a-brac scattered around its wide, sweeping porch. It should have made it look shabby, but it didn't. It suited the place. The large white manor sat perched on top of a gently sloping hill. The soft grasses of the hill gave way to a clearing at the bottom, where it met the thick, dark woods. The woods were a beautiful, yet eerie place. Always still, always silent, until the wind blew, whistling through the branches and whisking pretty colored leaves up into colorful spires that reached for the clouds, free for a moment, only to float back down to earth, pretty and fragile once more.

Alexa was alone on the porch, her fingers absently tracing some shallow marks in the wooden railing. Perhaps wood worms had burrowed their way through the tree that was used to make this railing, but this piece had been sanded down so that only a few shallow trenches remained. She scratched at the grooves absently, but her gaze never wavered. Sitting, all alone in the field, was Raius. Her eyes bored holes into his back, as if trying to see through the flesh and bone and into his soul. He hadn't moved an inch, and he hadn't made a sound the entire time she had been standing here.

The dark tendrils of her hair played over her face and twirled into the air, lifted, pushed and played with by the fingers of a soft breeze that wound its way through the woods, pushing itself forward across the porch and into the field, the grass blowing slightly flat where the wind's footsteps trod. Raius still didn't move. Alexa sighed, a horrible wrenching sensation tugged at her stomach and at her heart. Though the place is so beautiful, there is a certain sense of melancholy, nay, grief and sorrow that hangs over the entire scene at this point. The same sensation weighs heavily on her soul, twisting and turning it so that she felt ill. Alexa blinked a few times, wiped insistently at her eyes, attempting to stop the tears. It worked, but only for a moment. Though her gaze has never left Raius' back, for a moment, she wasn't looking. When her eyes focused again, Alex felt a surge of mixed emotions rush through her. A tear finally escaped her eye, as she stared at the man that she was so fond of, and her heart broke at the memory of all of the pain and loss that he has had to endure since he has come to Tareed. Though he would not speak of it, it was clear to feel the air of anger and sadness that he carried about him, no matter how he tried to suppress it.

She reached up and flicked the lone, betraying tear away, and sniffed, absently fiddling with her cape, still watching Raius.

A door opens behind Alexa, and she is suddenly brought back to reality, hard. She sniffs and fights to settle her face into a neutral look of serene composure and seriousness, and when she felt her face looked thus, she shot a quick glance of her shoulder.

It was Yaiger, and he was horribly wounded.

His left arm was wrapped tightly and held against his chest by a soft, white sling. The same shoulder was wrapped up well, too, but it hadn't managed to stop the bleeding completely. Blood had seeped through the gauze and was staining the wrapping, a sharp contrast of red on white. It would have been pretty, had it not been blood. He was leaning to the right, putting all of his weight on the crutch that sat tucked beneath his right armpit. He was using the crutch to take the weight off his injured right leg, but it still looked uncomfortable and painful. It was strapped tightly to a splint, and more blood was seeping through the soft white gauze.

His long black hair is sweaty and messed around from a tough healing process, and it's also the hottest time of the year. He is pale from blood loss, and generally looks to be moments away from his grave. His black pants are sticking to his legs, one leg rolled up because it couldn't fit over the splint and the bandages. His feet are bare and a tad dirty. They even had a bit of blood on them.

Alexa's gaze once again returns to the silent and still Raius in the field. She felt Yaiger step up to one side of her, slightly at her back, but he said nothing.

After a few moments, she trusted herself enough to speak without sobbing. "How's he doing?" she asks him. She pressed her lips tightly together. Her voice, even to her own ears, sounded so heavy, so worn and so sorrowful. She felt like she was going to cry again.

Yaiger doesn't answer for some time. She couldn't be sure, but if she had a look at his face, she was sure he would be fighting back tears, if not crying. "He is strong," he finally says. "He will not leave us with out a fight." Silence for a few moments more. "He is in good hands," Yaiger finishes lamely, desperately trying to believe his own words.

Alexa tried to give him a smile, but it didn't come. She knew he didn't believe what he was saying. She knew he was lying. She took a deep, slow breath, and some of the sadness she has been feeling exhales with that breath, but frustration begins to creep in to fill the gaps. "I just don't know what to do anymore Yaiger. This war will see us all in our graves." She stopped speaking suddenly, trying to quell the waves of emotion welling up within her.

She felt Yaiger turn beside her, facing her now, preparing to go back into the house. Alex gets the feeling that he is trying to say something, anything, but the words simply evade him and he returns back into the house, leaving a heavy sigh in his wake. Alexa sighed also. Yaiger knew what she was saying was right. They would all be dead long before this war was over.

Her eyes have never left the still and silent form of Raius in the field...

Azure Dawn
The Blue Moon Prophecy

Created by
Casius Magnus

Last edited:
Back