Help Same rule is spread to seemingly every region. Is it impossible to abolish now?

Blockinlick

ShinRa Guard
Gil
It had been years since I last played this game. I didn't remember until I got to the end that you could keep denying a rule mix until they played by their native rules.

So now I can't find a single region that "Same" hasn't spread to and it's game-breaking for me.

I hate that rule just as much as I hate Random. At least with Random you opponent can't come back with some horsecrap combo to molest you with out of nowhere.

If I remember correctly you can abolish rules as long as you're still getting the mix rules message. It's something like going to a region that doesn't have a rule then going back to the region of the rule you want to abolish and waiting for the abolished message. Seeing as same is in every region it might work to pick up a second rule by playing in another region (say.. Sudden Death) then going back there and refusing to mix and hoping the same rule is abolished.

So go somewhere that has Same and Open for example, then "pick up" those rules as it were and play in another place with Same and Sudden Death, which should give you the option to mix rules and the chance of abolishing Same. You'll probably have to do lots of soft resetting, then from there repeat until Same is gone. If that doesn't work and Gamefaqs doesn't have the answer then you probably need to start again.

And for the record, I like the Same rule. :lew:

If I remember correctly you can abolish rules as long as you're still getting the mix rules message. It's something like going to a region that doesn't have a rule then going back to the region of the rule you want to abolish and waiting for the abolished message. Seeing as same is in every region it might work to pick up a second rule by playing in another region (say.. Sudden Death) then going back there and refusing to mix and hoping the same rule is abolished.

So go somewhere that has Same and Open for example, then "pick up" those rules as it were and play in another place with Same and Sudden Death, which should give you the option to mix rules and the chance of abolishing Same. You'll probably have to do lots of soft resetting, then from there repeat until Same is gone. If that doesn't work and Gamefaqs doesn't have the answer then you probably need to start again.

And for the record, I like the Same rule. :lew:

Didn't realize you could abolish a shared rule. According to all the FAQ's I've read, the region has to not have the rule you're trying to abolish.

I have no idea why you'd like Same. Your opponent can win on a lucky combo drop at any time and there's nothing you can do to avoid it except play cards with stats far higher than their cards [Which isn't always an option].

Turns out I found a place that doesn't have Same [Shumi Village], but every single attempt results in "Random has been spread". I must have done 20 resets already and I've gotten that every single time so far. Honestly, this game is trying my patience. I'm about to throw the disc back in the case and use it for target practice. Whoever decided that altering the rulesets should be this tedious and time-consuming should be hung by their testicles and sued for grievance.

Didn't realize you could abolish a shared rule. According to all the FAQ's I've read, the region has to not have the rule you're trying to abolish.

I have no idea why you'd like Same. Your opponent can win on a lucky combo drop at any time and there's nothing you can do to avoid it except play cards with stats far higher than their cards [Which isn't always an option].

Turns out I found a place that doesn't have Same [Shumi Village], but every single attempt results in "Random has been spread". I must have done 20 resets already and I've gotten that every single time so far. Honestly, this game is trying my patience. I'm about to throw the disc back in the case and use it for target practice. Whoever decided that altering the rulesets should be this tedious and time-consuming should be hung by their testicles and sued for grievance.

:lew:

Well the same rule is situational really, you can engineer a combo that flips the board or if you're playing with the open rule too you can defend against a same or plus combo by ensuring you don't set them up for it because you can see their cards.

I'm just going by memory here, I know that some rules spread far more frequently than other ones. I'm not sure about the different rule thing but if you've found a place that doesn't have the same rule then perfect. If you're spreading the random rule then you'll have to refuse mix, play and hope to get an abolish message. IIRC you begin "carrying" the regions set of rules when you get the spread/abolish message. I remember doing the card quests, some of the abolishes took forever.

If you have a save file before that rule came into affect you can turn down the card game and in about 3 or 4 request they should stop asking.

Back