Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Do you guys teleport much at all or do you avoid it as much as possible? What's your Return destination? Favorite destinations? Up to three. Free destination - if you're using the SE token to login.

I used to avoid teleports when I first started and would result to Chocobo porters. I still use the chocobo porter to this day, but ever since I got back a few weeks ago, I've been wasting Gil on teleportation fees. So I have recently reconsidered my favorite destinations and changed them around a bit to comply to my mining/gathering routes.

Return destination - used to be Gridania for the longest time. I've now changed it to Camp Tranquil in South Shroud so that I can easily mine/gather one star HQ mats (umbral rocks and fragrant logs) at certain times (Eorzea time). They're a pain to get though, so I imagined I'll be at it for awhile.

Favorite Destinations - New Gridania, Mor Dhona to visit Rowena and mine for clusters, then Camp Overlook for beast tribe dailies, but I'm not planning on doing that anytime soon so I'll end up changing it to Limsa eventually.

Free Destination - Ul'dah. After mining fragrant logs (6 a.m Eorzea time), I just teleport to Ul'dah for free, hop on the chocobo porter to Camp Drybone and mine some gold ores at 9 a.m. Barely make it on time.

Let's hear yours.

My Home (return) destination is whichever city my GC currently is. It was Ul'dah until I decided to do Twin Adder and Maelstrom too so now I'm in Limsa waiting to switch back to the Immortal Flames and return to Ul'dah. I have to have my home point somewhere that has pretty much everything you'd need (summoning bell, market board, mail, company chest, etc) and that's only the 3 main cities.

My favourite destinations are usually Mor Dhona, Coerthas and the third is wherever I can foresee myself visiting the most often which is currently North Shroud for Ixal beast quests.

Everywhere else I just bite the bullet and pay. I don't have stacks of gil but because I've been pretty self sufficient with my crafts I haven't used my gil on much else.

I very reluctantly teleport. I have plenty of Gil to travel around, but it doesn't assuage that sense of being overcharged when you want to go from say, somewhere in La Noscea to Mor Dhona and you have to cough up over 500-600Gil just to get there. I end up regularly taking boats and airships to and fro the Eorzean landmasses just to cut costs, instead of just straight up teleporting from city to city.

For some reason, even if the Aetheryte is in the same zone and I need to get to the other side of e.g. Coerthas, I hop on my Chocobo and go. If I can get to my destination on my mount without having to sit there with my thumb on the left analogue stick for an ungodly amount of time, I shall. Give me a reason to swagger around with Liebchen or on this disgusting, sneezing Goobbue.

Return destination: it has largely been Ul'dah, chiefly because that's where the Immortal Flames is based, and currently it is where a lot of the DoH and DoL guilds reside. If not Ul'dah, it will usually be Limsa or Gridania; I don't really make it a habit of setting outpost Aetherytes as home points, as I prefer to be able to return to hub locations for the inn/retainer summon bells/marketboard.

Favourite destination: It was Mor Dhona, for cheaper access to leves in St. Coinach's End as well as the stalls where you can exchange Allagan Tomestones. It's now Fallgoard Float in North Shroud for the Ixal dailies.

I teleport constantly, that's why I'm always poor :lew:

I do try to play it smart though and save Gil when I can by teleporting to the cheapest place nearby where I want to go, or teleporting to my home location for free and then paying for a teleport that is cheaper from there. For a while I got free teleports with the one-time password, which is nifty, but I got fed up with having to always generate a code just to log in, so I ditched that system and, sadly, free teleports with it.

I must be more loaded than I thought I was!

I teleport all of the time. I don't even think about it, I just teleport without worrying about the cost. In fact I keep forgetting that it even costs something.

Perhaps this simply means that I'm not using my money for much at all. I never really notice it go down when I teleport. I sometimes make mistakes and teleport to the wrong place, and then have to teleport somewhere else again. When I do this it doesn't bother my wallet at all.

I teleport everywhere. While going through the 2.0 story, one of the things I disliked most was the tendency to have mission objectives on the other side of the map and being forced to slowly walk or ride there. Repeatedly. It drove me crazy! I suppose it didn't help that those quests were usually pointless "go here and grab this item" after beating huge primals. Anyway, it got to the point where once I unlocked an Aetheryte, I always used it. Wasted a lot of gil, but it was totally worth it for my own sanity.

As for destinations... New Gridania is my home point because I started there. Plus it's my favourite place to go AFK :wacky:. I enjoy the atmosphere! My free teleport is Idyllshire (since I need to go there a lot) and my favourite destination is Limsa Lominsa (though I didn't realise I could have more than one, so I will add Ul'dah soon too)

I like to teleport! Sometimes just to visit a beautiful view while waiting for the duty finder to pop or sometimes to run into others in game unexpectedly. It has happened a few times outside the house. It is always nice to get a wave or something. Teleporting is never an issue for me gil wise now, but when I was starting out and only had maybe 16 k gil, it was pretty damn costly. Nowadays it is not an issue because I have tons of gil, mostly from retainers giving me Allagan silver pieces and rare mats selling at a high price. I use teleport even to teleport to an objective that is not very far away from me. I know it is stupid but sometimes that saves me time.

My return destination is Idyllshire, mostly because I love going there for the scenery and gearing up. Sometimes it even gets weird up there, and I love the atmosphere in general. I'm usually there frequently next to the summoning bell. Oh, and the Hinterlands are gorgeous architecture wise.

My other favourite place to teleport is Limsa, mostly for the scenery and Maelstrom headquarters to buy ventures for my retainers. Oh, and Mist gets a mention for the beautiful scenery as well. I love taking screenshots in beautiful areas. The most common places I use teleport to get to are Idyllshire, Limsa, and well, usually it used to be the house.

[FONT=&quot]Oh, and Foundation and the Pillars get a mention as well. I love going there because it is very relaxing.[/FONT]

Meh, I always teleport without even thinking about it. At the start, I had to think a bit about it, but not for long. It's literally no cost at all :lew:.

Meh, I always teleport without even thinking about it. At the start, I had to think a bit about it, but not for long. It's literally no cost at all :lew:.

Actually, if you think about how often you teleport, and consider some teleports cost 500 Gil... You'll be spending thousands soon enough. :wacky:

That said... I always teleport. I really shouldn't. I just do. :lew:

Gosh I am such a teleport freak, my friends tease me about it all the time. One time I actually teleported from old gridania to new gridania lmao.

And I'm always told "THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T HAVE ANY GIL"

and... it's true. That on top of I NEED TO HAVE THE PERFECT GLAMOUR or otherwise I just don't feel right. I'm really OCD about that lol.

Anyway my return started at Gridania but then I had this bright idea (not) to change to Malestrom for PVP and I switched return to Limsa. I HATED IT. It didn't feel right and they sucked in PVP (I always did well in Adders, but some friends switched to Mael and I jumped on the wagon). So yeah I currently have switched back and im happy again lol.

Fave destinations: Churning Mists (anywhere really here), Foundation, and Costa Del Sol

I teleport ALL the time. Even a short distance away. I can't help myself...
Sometimes if I'm hanging out w my bf I'll ask him to party with me and teleport me somewhere lmao. I'm just lazy sometimes >_>

My return was Limsa for the longest time bc it's my fave city. =) Now I have it set to Foundation I think.

Top three most used (lately)- Limsa, Gold Saucer, FC house.

Back