• Machina

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Busta

Bang-a-Rang!
Veteran
Gil
Seymour
I'm making Jack my leader so far. My only gripe with him is his slow movement while weapon is drawn. I love how it makes him focus more on Defense, but when he is fighting, it really throws off my battle rhythm by having to make his sheath his sword when I want to run up to the next enemy.

I have Nine next in my line-up and may make him my active leader since he moves faster in combat. Love his defense a bit up there and his power.

Lastly for my 3rd I have a "Curer" in Cinque. She's got good attack too for her high defense which I like a lot!

Phosphoric Ooze Please stay on topic. This is not a thread for debating best Final Fantasy for PSP. If you would like to discuss this please make a new thread in the appropriate subforum.

Personally I'm still testing the waters and seeing who works best for me, but I definitely want to keep Seven in my party because that chain whip is just that awesome. Ace feels a bit slow for a ranged character, so I will probably give Nine (I think it is?) a go in his place. So that accounts for two--third slot is still entirely flexible at this point.

I mainly use Nine, simply because his attack is forceful and quick. So as soon as I see that red ring, I can eliminate an enemy no-sweat. the support I have yet to decide, to be honest, it's mostly just Nine clearing house :P

Not placing my votes yet since I'm still in the beginning. So far I enjoy playing as Nine. Lancer is quite probably my favorite class. >.> It took awhile to get used to Ace, but I do like his dodge moves. Third character...not sure yet! Can't wait to use Seven - she looks pretty badass!

I've been really enjoying Queen. I went straight away into boosting her lightning magic and Divine Judgement, which makes her pretty versatile to me. I've added in Seven and Trey to round things out.

I still haven't used half of them, I swear. I like to use Nine and the archer so far, but it could change. The whip girl is fun to use too. I need to use them all more to know, but the one I really dislike using is the guy with a sword who walks about as slow as a mouldy turd. Irritating.

i don't really care who else is in my party as long as Rem is there. i mean, my other party members don't really do anything

i usually play Eight or Sice, but trying to lean Seven since she specializes in all ranges. i try to keep at least 1 ranged character (King, Cater) in the group because of how much bullshit some of the enemies in this game are. I'd probably use Queen more if I liked the presentation of her character, a solid melee.

i really don't like trey deuce or cinque, but everyone else seems good enough to get on as

Nine is always a good addition to a team though as White Knight is pretty amazing. I use it on the escape mission so I can just sit in missiles with the rest of my party without having to worry about the possibility of any casualties. It's an ability that has a wind up time but prevents all damage and heals players inside it. consumes AG.

right off the bat though was playing Sice because of the wide range of her attacks and ease of executing killstrikes. death maelstrom is also a pretty strong ability.

i usually play eight now because he is fast, has a counterattack and wildfire stance is pretty amazing. imo he is probably hands down the best choice for any overworld base capturing missions.

Finally can properly vote on this poll.

I've put quite a bit of time now into practicing with each character in the arena, and I've gotta say, I'm impressed at how there are very few that feel useless. Even if a lot of them fall into basic categories and share the same basic types of moves, each one feels different in a way that makes things interesting. So I mix things up from time to time just to enjoy the variety. But I always seem to come back to Seven, Eight, and King. I play Seven preferentially, who's a great all-rounder, while Eight is great for close-range combat and King is great for long-range combat. Ain't nothing that can stop those three.

I try to play with Eight and King the most, and when I get down to business it's over too Jack The Giantkiller.

im levelling about 6 people in total; Ace, Deuce, Trey, Seven, Rem and uh..... oh! Jack

Jack seems to die alot though depite his stats and strength, he is just sooooo slow

Deuce is amazing, it took me a while to realise how good she actually can be lol

I'm playing catch up with trey atm, rem too and i need to add machina to my list as well
as Machina vs. Gilgamesh is just so annoying :/

Just starting out with this game really but so far my "go-to" party of three would include Queen (leader), King and Sice. I love Queen's versatility and King's ranged attacks are monster! Sice is there as a sort of back-up plan and serves as a healer of sorts.

I do have another party of three that I enjoy using although I would consider it more of a supporting party. In it is Seven, Trey and Deuce. Seven's fighting style is simply wowsers, while Trey is obviusly the ranged support with Deuce being the effective defense support character.

Again, early days, but I'll see how far these six take me. :)

Finally got ahold of this game and still a bit in the early stages, kinda leveling everyone evenly out but as of right now it seems like my go to party might be Carter, like the gun range aspect, Queen since she can be up close with the sword or Seven because I like the chain sword and finally King another gun range person or trey with the bow to snipe. So that's a toss up between five people right now.

Finally got ahold of this game and still a bit in the early stages, kinda leveling everyone evenly out but as of right now it seems like my go to party might be Carter, like the gun range aspect, Queen since she can be up close with the sword or Seven because I like the chain sword and finally King another gun range person or trey with the bow to snipe. So that's a toss up between five people right now.

I'd add Ace to that list since he's way OP with chain attacks at a distance. His magic is grand too :lew:.

I'd add Ace to that list since he's way OP with chain attacks at a distance. His magic is grand too :lew:.
Might be that i'm still just early on but I don't see his chain attacks doing much right now. It's a bit slow to start and only does three attacks, so when have an enemy that rushes you it doesn't like to work. But still better then Cince or however you spell her name that uses the mace, so far she is the only one I don't really like controlling just because of how slow her attack is.

Might be that i'm still just early on but I don't see his chain attacks doing much right now. It's a bit slow to start and only does three attacks, so when have an enemy that rushes you it doesn't like to work. But still better then Cince or however you spell her name that uses the mace, so far she is the only one I don't really like controlling just because of how slow her attack is.

Cinque is a bit shit, to be fair. Although if you CAN manage to learn her then I imagine she'd be powerful as hell. As for Ace, hold down the attack button and watch the cards really fly! Maybe it doesn't work until you teach him an ability or something but try holding down that button :D.

Cinque is a bit shit, to be fair. Although if you CAN manage to learn her then I imagine she'd be powerful as hell. As for Ace, hold down the attack button and watch the cards really fly! Maybe it doesn't work until you teach him an ability or something but try holding down that button :D.
I have been holding down I believe and I swear I see a pattern of 3 attacks until they circle back to him then find a new enemy. Not doubting his usefulness at all, it's just those five seemed to stick out more for me right now. I honestly don't mind ace and if I wanted a team of three ranged he would be in it.

Seven, King, and Queen. I can use either Seven or King really efficiently, and Queen is a really solid, strong support character.

I voted for Cater, Nine and King. My honorable mentions are Eight, Queen and Rem are my honorable mentions. So I find that as far as magic casting goes, there is very little difference between every character, so it comes down to physical attacks and special abilities. Being in favor of good attackers, these are my prefered 6.

Cater - Timing is a little odd because the bullet travels in a serpentine route, but the raw speed she has is excellent. And if you've learned the charge abilities, her gun charges automatically between attacks, also a plus.

Nine - Straight up tank and brawler who hits break/killsights so quickly and easily. His jump attack is nice for dropping in on an enemy as well.

King - Can hit break/killsights so easily and from any range without having to time it out. His reloads can be annoying, but it's workable when you know him well enough. He was the 1st character I realized could be excellent in battle.

Eight - Speed. He is so damn fast with running speed and strikes, he makes battles a breeze. His drawback being his close range attacks make him vulnerable to enemy hits.

Queen - Her little poke attack for break/killsights makes timing a non-issue.

Rem - Probably the only one I really like the skills for. She has so many good skills and most of the others have trouble having 1 good skill. Plus her speed is also excellent.

Back