FFXIII-2 To start FXIII-2

Phosphoric Ooze

Lime Green Pudding
Fifth Ark (Lower Traverse, Inner Conduit, Central
Gil
A few weeks after completing XIII it's time to start XIII-2. I do remember playing this game back in 2012 and didn't get far at all. I got to the part where you first ride a Chocobo and messed up for some reason. I still have the saved progress but i've decided to start fresh.
Any help and tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Go for the trophies as a guide. They are extremely fun to collect for 13-2 and add so much to the game. Go for all sidequests and don't pay attention to the story. Spread your leveling over different classes rather than sticking to the same one all the time. It'll help for certain bosses.

That's all I did to plat the game. I hope it helps at least a little :).

Go for the trophies as a guide. They are extremely fun to collect for 13-2 and add so much to the game. Go for all sidequests and don't pay attention to the story. Spread your leveling over different classes rather than sticking to the same one all the time. It'll help for certain bosses.

That's all I did to plat the game. I hope it helps at least a little :).

I play on Xbox 360 so you mean do the achievements?

A question about the Live Triggers. It says that picking a different option will lead to different items later on in the game. Is that true and if so how do you know which is the best choice to pick to get the better items?

I just remember choosing the different options for the trophies and stuff. I can't honestly remember the items you get :s. In terms of knowing the best choices, I think it's just a bit of trial and error. Maybe make separate saves to check?

It looks like someone else may be more helpful for this one lol.

A question about the Live Triggers. It says that picking a different option will lead to different items later on in the game. Is that true and if so how do you know which is the best choice to pick to get the better items?

Most of the live triggers are very minor changes if any change at all. Once you beat the game, some triggers lead to Paradox endings. (you can get one paradox ending before the game is over, but that's it.

IIRC, aside from paradox endings and one particular scene (that can't be permanently messed up), the only gameplay stuff affected by the live triggers is which bonus adornment you get from each segment of the game. You can always close a gate, redo things with different choices, and see/get anything you missed the first time, with the sole exception of the Archylte Steppe. Closing the Archylte Steppe doesn't properly reset it, so you'll only be able to get one of the two available adornments from that story section.

I just remember choosing the different options for the trophies and stuff. I can't honestly remember the items you get :s. In terms of knowing the best choices, I think it's just a bit of trial and error. Maybe make separate saves to check?

It looks like someone else may be more helpful for this one lol.

Most of the live triggers are very minor changes if any change at all. Once you beat the game, some triggers lead to Paradox endings. (you can get one paradox ending before the game is over, but that's it.

IIRC, aside from paradox endings and one particular scene (that can't be permanently messed up), the only gameplay stuff affected by the live triggers is which bonus adornment you get from each segment of the game. You can always close a gate, redo things with different choices, and see/get anything you missed the first time, with the sole exception of the Archylte Steppe. Closing the Archylte Steppe doesn't properly reset it, so you'll only be able to get one of the two available adornments from that story section.

Thanks for advice.

I went to the Augusta Tower early to get Flanitor because it's one of the best Medics in the game. I got Flanborg mixed up with Flanitor and ended up using all of my monster items on Flanborg when it was supposed to be used on Flanitor.

I am playing it again myself, and I'm astonished at how quickly I go through the enemies now I've got Cactaur looming over my party as a Synergist.
Very more-ish these games aren't they? :gonk:

I am playing it again myself, and I'm astonished at how quickly I go through the enemies now I've got Cactaur looming over my party as a Synergist.
Very more-ish these games aren't they? :gonk:

Oh, thought you where still on the first one. Right, couldn't be said about going through Caius Ballad quickly. Thexteron is my Synergist at the moment.

Narasimha's starting stats are (roughly): STR 177 MAG 62. Projected ending stats assuming you use all Potent materials* are STR 920 MAG 503.
Red Chocobo: STR 53 MAG 68 --> STR 974 MAG 761.

Narasimha starts with higher stats, but he doesn't finish that way.
Red Chocobo's base tame rate is 15%. You can get that up to 45% by scoring the kill with a feral link at 300% or higher sync.

*: All Potent is not how you generally want to level a Commando; you want to use Power materials for a STR-based COM or Mana materials for a MAG-based COM. However, I don't have good data on where their stats wind up with the specialized materials, and this at least gives us a good baseline for comparison.

Narasimha's starting stats are (roughly): STR 177 MAG 62. Projected ending stats assuming you use all Potent materials* are STR 920 MAG 503.
Red Chocobo: STR 53 MAG 68 --> STR 974 MAG 761.

Narasimha starts with higher stats, but he doesn't finish that way.
Red Chocobo's base tame rate is 15%. You can get that up to 45% by scoring the kill with a feral link at 300% or higher sync.

*: All Potent is not how you generally want to level a Commando; you want to use Power materials for a STR-based COM or Mana materials for a MAG-based COM. However, I don't have good data on where their stats wind up with the specialized materials, and this at least gives us a good baseline for comparison.

I do have a normal Chocobo. Should I just use that as my Commando instead? It's early potential is not as good compared to the Red Chocobo but at maximum level it has more strength.

The official strategy guide lists Chocobo as having higher final STR than Red Chocobo, but this spreadsheet suggests otherwise: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apa6evZUmvfHdGJLSUd5RWpJUzdsSmZ4SEpKckR4R1E#gid=1

(I had forgotten the link to that spreadsheet, but it turned out to be easier to find than I thought.)

In any case, Chocobo (and Narasimha) are fine choices if you want to use them. Unless you plan to take on the hardest DLC fights or like to push for speed kills and/or super-fast farming methods, monster optimization in this game is more about style than substance.

Back