FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
[25/02] Dragon Quest Heroes coming to the west; PS4 only

gaming-dragon-quest-hu0ufq.jpg

Announced early in September, the Musou spinoff entry to the somewhat elusive Dragon Quest series, Dragon Quest Heroes, will appear in store and digital shelves outside of Japan. The game will be made available through the usual channels, both physically and through download, and through Square's own online store.

Unlike the Japanese release of the game, the localised release will be exclusive to the PS4, omitting a PS3 release entirely.

Via Square:

In Dragon Quest Heroes, players must rise up against insurmountable odds, challenging swarms of enemies and conquering gigantic monsters. Dragon Quest Heroes comes to the PlayStation 4 system in beautiful high-definition graphics, filled with characters and monsters designed by world-renowned artist Akira Toriyama.

Both Yuji Horii, director and creator of Dragon Quest, and Koichi Sugiyama, the composer closely tied to the series since its first installment and creator of countless memorable musical masterpieces, are closely involved in bringing this title to life. Furthermore, ω-Force (Omega Force) from Koei Tecmo Games – the team that has created numerous popular action game series – is also taking part in its development.

Gematsu

Essentially, yeah, albeit with more RPG elements, such as being able to buy and use the alchemy pot to create weapons and armour.

Here's a short clip of PS4 footage just to see what gameplay is like:

Thanks! Hahaha look at the little slimes being brushed aside :lew:. While it looks fun enough, it looks a bit repetitive for me. Hyrule Warriors will do me in this department, I think :).

It looks like a nice unique twist to the DQ series, I actually like that Square teamed up with someone to make a unique experience to their rpg games.

I will probably get this... Granted I do like Dragon Warriors series also

i personally love ps4, but i'm a bit puzzzled as to why its ps4 exlusive. normally DQ is mostly nintendo. then again, there have been other DQ that were sony exclusives.

I would probably buy it, but I refuse to buy a POS4 after both of my POS3's red lighted after being well taken care of(I have a HEAVILY played Atari 2600 from when I was like 3yrs old and it's still pretty much in mint condistion with the original box(although the box is faded a bit on the corners and the glue on both ends of the box are non existant)) and MULTIPLE Sony employees told me the reason my console broke is because I abuse my console, and how did they come to that conclusion? Because I play my console for more than 1 hour at a time, a some games you can't even get a check point in that period of time. The only reason thats considered "abuse" is because they put crap quality fans in there making it overheat too easily. Which by the world electronic laws they are required to repair for free, but they charge $200 plus shipping and you don't even get your console back, you get someone elses refurbished console, which you could had bought instantly at gamestop for $180 without having the wait, and you'd still have your broken console for parts if you needed. So I swore off Sony crap till they get their act straight(BTW I've brought the PS1(one of the best consoles ever) and PS2 (again one of the best consoles) 2 PS3s which are both broken as hell(one of the crappiest consoles to date out of all consoles, although better than the virtual boy but at least the virtual boy doesn't break) And I've heard tons of simular issues with the PS4. So yeah I've sworn their stuff off till they prove that they are going to make good products again. I wish they'd release this game on the WiiU, I'd buy it then, otherwise it's a no sale for me. I'm highly disappointed :(

^ This, and as a proud, card holding member of the PCMR I can't condone most of Sony's recent business methods anyway. And I don't need to.

j653t.jpg

Back