Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
dissidia0wr1v.jpg

Square-Enix's recent teasing of a Final Fantasy arcade game has turned out to be a new entry in the Dissidia sub-series, but this time for Japanese arcade machines. The company has revealed the game at the Japan Amusement Expo today in Chiba.

Unlike previous Dissidia games on PSP, there will be 3-on-3 fights this time around. While a representative from FFXV is still yet to be on the cards, Y'shtola from Final Fantasy XIV will debut in the roster to do some conjuring.

20150213_222739x2ace.png

20150213_222844n4b3u.png

20150213_22294024y5q.png

20150213_222813ohzmm.png

20150213_222856x0ye6.png

Siliconera | Nova Crystallis

I was disappointed with the original Dissidia, but I have to say that this looks to be quite interesting.

Graphically, it looks quite promising. Three vs three could be quite a bit of fun if it works well.

If it is ever released beyond the arcades and finds its way on consoles, then it might be worth looking into.

I just hope that the controls are better for this one. I wasn't keen on being limited to only a couple of moves for each character. I'd rather have a fluid button system where different combinations can produce myriads of different moves (such as in fighting games like Tekken). I found myself bored of spamming moves on Dissidia because there were no other moves to use.

It still slightly bothers me that all of the characters have learned to fly (or extended leaps) in Dissidia. That never made sense to me. I guess Cloud learned how to fly by Advent Children, and they made him and Zack fly a few times in the prequels, but in the more sensible original game they do away with this martial-arts Jet Li style trope. Same with most of the other characters.

Anyway if it remains in the arcades then it doesn't matter how good it is. I'll never get to play it.

tumblr_njr66dIuTk1rp3wg0o2_500.gif

BAMFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
tumblr_inline_njrl3ezau91qh4qwy.gif
\\

I think it looks WAYYYYYY better than the first two games graphically speaking. all of their faces looked so weird that I just couldn't feel it. but this, UNFFFFF, way satisfying. I havent been this happy with Cloud's face since the original advent children.

I still prefer the Cloud to the left, but this new one is def an improvement from Dissidia's sequel prequel

Oh. I hope they add an assist team and they add Aerith. I dont want to see Cloud able to hit her but I wanna see Aerith in HD :gonk:

Square, this aint an Arcade game, be serious, I expect a PS4 release spring 2016!

But gosh if this is a PS4 release, it will make playing online certainly worth while.

Not sure about the 3v3 system. Sounds a bit too manic.

DISSIDIAAAAAAA BACKKKKKKKKK BABYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I very much doubt this won't get a console port with how well it does in japan, PS4 PLEASE

THE FEELS STEVIE! THE FEELS!!!!

I'm so hyped for this, I'm like a prison guard on a caffeine binge. :hyper:

Release this on PS4 and there will be an entire community of people deeply contented for the next five years.

So, what are the chances that Selfie will find herself in this edition?

i'm not too excited at the moment. unless it combines Duodecim's gameplay elements. then i'll be fine. but so far this doesn't amuse me. Dissidia's graphics always had a bit of charm to me. so much that i found the CG far more ugly then the actual models.

3 vs 3 mode is nice. if we can have 2 AI in your party and 3 against you. i have a feeling they designed this mostly for arcade. but also, think about it, how does this work out for PvP? two different screens? it can be jarring with 4 other computers. or what if all 6 players want to play?

Back