FF6 what do you think of it

Choas kills yuna

Ex-Soldier
Gil
Right now I'm playing ff 6 and it is a pretty good game. I never knew the old ff games were so good then I played them and I thoroughly enjoy them. Terra and sabin and the whole gang except for shadow are likeable characters. Kefka is scum and so is vargas. I just beat vargas and noted that the characters are cool and the monsters are challenging. This game is much kudos to fun and I like it. What say you?

Right now I'm playing ff 6 and it is a pretty good game. I never knew the old ff games were so good then I played them and I thoroughly enjoy them. Terra and sabin and the whole gang except for shadow are likeable characters. Kefka is scum and so is vargas. I just beat vargas and noted that the characters are cool and the monsters are challenging. This game is much kudos to fun and I like it. What say you?

But of course... That's why i really hate some people that judge the game before they played it thoroughly :D It's a shame really...

For me, i just played it when the game came on around 1995. I really already fallen to FF VI since the first introduction of the game, that snowy scene with the three magitek armor walking to Narshe... I love all of the main characters, even Kefka also have a great characteristic. Their story didn't come out of nowhere, but it really were planned all along, and we were told step by step so we understand the situation and flow, what's the relationship between the human and esper, and the main character interaction and development really very interesting.

I only played through it for first time myself late last year , adored it game is too good to care about graphics I went on to play FF4 on psp and now going through FF5 for first time on PSP after it the old games are a lot of fun. Kefka is still my favourite villlan. Really liked the cast too and the bosses some of the other villlans are funny too like ultros. Have a lot of good memories of the game once i complete FF5 and FF3 for 1st time on PSP I intend to replay it again on PSP especially as I kinda feel I owe Shadow. Super game!!! :LJ:

On one hand it's a good game, first half was very predictable(basically SoM), second really good with moments that I really cared about but still could not help thinking once I was done: "was that it?". Kefka in the first half stands as one of the most annoying characters I have ever had to face in a ff game, and I've played all bar two of them, he's quite cool in the second half however, mostly when he's not seen just blasting cities and stuff.
I don't know it's kind of a middle of the road game, some great moments waking up alone on the island with only the your "grandpa", the music and the feeling of isolation was really powerful but these were only odd moments here and there the rest was kind of bog standard.

Last edited:
I remember my first time playing FFVI. It was on the GBA and I thought it was a boring little game. I put it down and went to play other games that I thought were more interesting at the time. Then, when I had nothing left, I went back to FFVI. To this day, it is has been one of the best games I have ever played. The story really grips you and leaves you wondering and in awe. The battle system was fun, and Kefka is one of the most despicable antagonists in a video game. That, of course, gives the game even more of an impact as you then make it your heart's mission to see the dastard slain.

Really, the game is irrevocably awesome, and is definitely one of the best in the series.

im replaying this on GBA at the moment, though i have put it down for a few days because I have just arrived at Zozo and can't be bothered going in lol

Kefka has probably some of the best one liners ever 'Wait' he says, Do I look like a waiter!'

I love the first half. Everything from the music to the characters to the variety of party options. It even has stat-building options done well (not just increasing a bar or following a linear crystarium path). The 2nd half is horrible though. I don't like the main story to be like a bunch of sidequests thrown together. There should be a main path to follow with sidequests on the side (ie, every other FF I think).

Overall, love it. Loads of great memories from it :).

I love it up til the end of the world thingy then afterwards it all feels a bit bland due to the freedom and gathering characters being mostly optional. The story kinda stops there which is a shame because it really should be the best part but it just comes to a halt. Its my favourite 2d FF after 4 but its not without flaws. Great soundtrack tho, amazing for its time.

Also..... the PS1 ports loading times are the worst thing ever. I cant believe they didnt address it when releasing it on psn as it makes that version of the game a complete chore to play.

I can agree with what Lewie and Ricardo say above. The game is harder to play when it enters its World of Ruin stage, because it is not always easy for the player to know what to do.

When I reached that part of the game I ended up looking for a walkthrough so that I knew where to get all of my characters back.

It didn't spoil the game for me though, as some of the World of Ruin scenes are some of the best little moments in the game. There are lots of interesting side-stories. Owzer and his haunted paintings, etc. Cyan and his nightmarish dream-world. Locke and Rachel... And more. It was just more difficult to know what to do on a blind play through of the game, and I think that the way that they handled it was perhaps not the easiest way to keep the player on board.

Having said that, FFVI remains one of my favourite FF games. Alongside FFVII, it is my absolute favourite. A lot of fun characters. Great music. A great villain. Lots of interesting sub-plots. A masterpiece from the golden age.

Where do I go when I'm in that city with locke where he has to steal clothes to get around? I need to get to Narsche.

Where do I go when I'm in that city with locke where he has to steal clothes to get around? I need to get to Narsche.

If i remembered correctly, yu need to go to rich men mansion and he will ask you to deliver some wine.

That last time I played it I got stuck. I really didnt get very far so it must have been a fair few years ago. I need to give it another chance really. Time to install it on my PS4 maybe?!

It's a great game! I think the plot and changing in and out of characters was great, and the side quests were really well thought out.

I think the main problem with WoR is that after getting the forth person, everyone else is optional. That's right, you can go to the final dungeon with four people. With that in mind, they give very small hints where to go next, if you talk to people in the random places you visit, or by just going everywhere. So with that in mind, it does get a little tedious there.

But some of the best (and saddest scenes) are in the WoR.... Think one of the saddest was the scene with Gau's father :sad3:

I love it up til the end of the world thingy then afterwards it all feels a bit bland due to the freedom and gathering characters being mostly optional. The story kinda stops there which is a shame because it really should be the best part but it just comes to a halt. Its my favourite 2d FF after 4 but its not without flaws. Great soundtrack tho, amazing for its time.

Also..... the PS1 ports loading times are the worst thing ever. I cant believe they didnt address it when releasing it on psn as it makes that version of the game a complete chore to play.

I pretty much agree with this statement.

The game is wonderful and has beautiful music and characters and a thrilling storyline, and then when the world is broken and falls into a depression, everything seems to just stop. You just collect friends, head to Kefka's lair and the end.

Then again this seems to be a habit for most Final Fantasy games. The storyline just stops and the only thing you can do is just either collect everything or just pop in the villain's home and say hello and goodbye.

FFVI is one of my favorite games even though I've only gotten around to playing it twice. I really adore all of the characters and the atmosphere of the game is very powerful and at some times very dark. I really enjoyed how different options in the game gave you different results, and GoGo was one of the most interesting characters to recruit into your party.

I think it is one of the most unique games and has some of the best scenery. The Opera House scene still gives me chills and the doom train will always be my favorite part of any FF game I think.

I think that any time I'm in a discussion about "best console of all time," I always start with FF6 and Chrono Trigger, and people realize I'm right. :) SNES Forever!

I'm really loving this game which is odd because I didnt really care much for any other the other FF's before VII, and I've completed all but FFV. I enjoy the humor and battle system. I really like assigning a specific summon to a character to use and learn abilities from. And that is a huge list of summons.

I've fired this game up a few times since the 1st time I beat it, and it always sucks me right in. With these older Final Fantasy games that were released back on the PS1 and older console days you really get a solid plot that keeps FF fans on the edge of their seat as they make their journey through the game. I actually just re-downloaded this game on my cell phone a few weeks back just so I could run through it again when I'm not around my Xbox when I'm on the go.

I loved the characters, the music, the enemies, the towns, the world destruction, you name it. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

Back