[05/02] FFXV: Episode Duscae to be available at Type-0 HD's launch; new footage for both games shown

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
tumblr_nfdladrsm91rqqnfcvb.png

The Active Time Report today yielded a significant piece of news. Director Hajime Tabata confirmed that the demo of Final Fantasy XV, otherwise known as Episode Duscae, will be live and available to download and play come the launch of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD next month (17 March in North America, 19 March in Japan and Australasia, and 20 March for the peasants in Europe).

The demo will only be available to early prints of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

In addition, a final, pre-launch trailer has been released for Type-0 HD, which contains a few spoilers. Towards the second half of the video is a brief glance at demo footage for Episode Duscae.

Nova Crystallis
| Gematsu

I think I am going to have have a day or two of just getting over the Final Fantasy XV demo before I tuck into Type-0 HD properly. It just looks so good. While the video isn't clear the detail on that Behemoth is staggering and the tension of sneaking by it like that look so exhilarating. I hope that the character interact around all the enemies like that with awareness and different reactions towards each one.

I feel like I've already played it, story-wise.

They said that we don't get the car in this demo, and after seeing the trailer I can sort of see what we'll do.

Our car has broken down so we leave it with our lady version of Cid (Cindy). We therefore have to walk and run about through some local woods and caves (parts that we've seen the developers play when they were showcasing). We enter the ruins of some office or factory, meet a behemoth who is very naughty and so we have to fight it. We celebrate and do our victory poses. A giant hand comes from the sky and attempts to grab us. When we realise that we've not won the lottery and have not been personally selected by God, we need to sort out this situation. This will be the Eidolon that the party shall face.

Then we return to the gas station. Our car is now fixed, and we drive off at the end of the demo after giving Cindy a thumbs-up and a wave.

If that's not more or less what happens then I'll learn to play the theremin and start a Youtube series.

Having said that, the behemoth in particular does look impressive. It doesn't look to be a bad demo, but with one watch of the trailer it seems as if I've already seen that part of the game. If that makes sense.

Anyway, there is no chance that I'll get Type 0, so I can not play this demo.

Argh! I was going to pass on Type-0, but SE has got me on the FFXV demo. I'll probably be playing the demo more than Type-O anyway, so I'll just tell myself I "bought" the demo. :mokken:

You know what, when this trailer first released I was kind of underwhelmed by the Final Fantasy XV bit (and excited as ever for Type-0, ha). It just felt like more of the same of what we've seen, and that being a very, very small window into the world FFXV takes place in. But I think that is exactly the problem right there: overexposure. So you know what? That's it. I think I will hereby try to avoid anything to do with FFXV until the demo arrives next month (unless it's necessary for article writing and such). I want to be able to experience what it has to offer first-hand and without feeling tired of seeing the sights before I even go in. Games are never the same on YouTube as they are with the controller in your hands. And now that I've made that decision, I'm looking forward to it :D

Back