so if they did remake ff7, how should it be made?

Gil
Cloud Strife
Personally i was thinking, wouldnt it be absolutely amazing to have a behind the shoulder or maybe even first person camera view.
have 3d up to date graphics and have everything to the same scale, the same size for everything, and each and every artefact of the game in the same place but in 3d, and you are able to explore these wonderful worlds up close and personal.

obviously you would see things from a totally different perspective. you would be able to see some things you couldnt in the original and not see some things you could in the original.
the only times this shouldnt happen is in battles and on the world map where i think they should stick to the original camera view. me thinks that if they went with this, it would make the game significantly different enough to be very interesting to play without really having to change anything about the game itself apart from obviously the much improved graphics and audio voiceovers.

i mean goddammit if they can make the nostromo and alien world in such fine detail on videogame, then they could do the same with this. to me it would be fantastic anyway.

By the way sorry if such a thread already exists or if you're bored of the remake subject in general.

by the way, i posted this in the wrong section before, im sorry about that.

I deleted the other thread for you. No problem. :argor:

I find it interesting that you mentioned Alien and the Nostromo, because I've sometimes thought about writing a cross-over story of FFVII and Alien... Instead of Jenova landing on the FFVII planet, a xenomorph does! A new interpretation like that would be good to see, but it'll never happen outside of dreams (unless by my own hand).

If they were to remake FFVII I wouldn't mind a new perspective... Personally FFVII is one of my favourite Final Fantasy games and I don't want them to change it. However, they won't be changing it. The original game of FFVII will still exist, and I'll probably much prefer it to any remake that they do. Since this is the case, I wouldn't mind a new angle on a remake so long as it is enjoyable.

I probably would not want to see many things from the spin-off games appearing in the FFVII remake though. I wasn't keen on the concept of Genesis and Angeal (which I felt detracted from the importance of Sephiroth). Instead I'd much rather have a few extra scenes with colourful characters such as Bugenhagen, Don Corneo and Mukki. Extra comical scenes and a few diversions from the main story to explore deeper into the mythology of the planet would be nice.

I am in no hurry for a remake, and I love the original more than I can imagine I'd like a remake (I can't trust it will be of the same quality!), but if they did do one then that's what I'd like.

i never played any of the spin off stuff to be honest, iv only heard bad things about them.

ha i like the idea of a ff7 and alien crossover oddly enough, i mean the game is strange enough already so why not?

they share certain characteristics anyway. retro futuristic surroundings, an ruthless company that seeks to make/acquire the perfect soldiers, bio engineering, iconic death scenes. erm im sure il think of some others.

An Alien/FFVII crossover huh? Yeah I'd be interested in that.

As for a remake of VII. I think a good way of doing it would be to maintain the bird's eye view and have the majority of conversations take place in a more visual novel kind of style, with detailed character portraits. There is alot of dialogue in VII so turning it all into cutscenes would propably make the game feel too much like a film. Naturally all important sequences would use in-game graphic cutscenes and the original's FMVs would be prerendered cutscenes. Changing the camera and redoing the creating environmental models would help make it feel fresh while maintaining the original's feel.

The battle system I feel wouldn't really need work, since it has aged pretty well. Maybe they could implement some elements from X but thats about it. Enemies should appear on the map since random encounters are really outdated, and would break the flow of the game. But don't TOUCH THE W-ITEM GLITCH, I SWEAR TO JENOVA!
Oh... sorry about that...

Alot of the minigames should be completely redone to more enjoyable. In the original they were clunky and often frustrating.

I think this way would also be alot less costly to make than a full open world 3D remake with FFXV level graphics. It would easily break the 500 million dollar record of most expensive game to make otherwise. It also wouldn't take like 10+ years to make... hopefully... you know how Square is.

But this is ultimately just wishful thinking on my behalf. Considering the blatant slap to the face Square gave all VII fans that want a remake at Playstation experience in december last year, it has become painfully obvious to me that they are never going to remake the game. I mean they aren't even willing to update the graphics in the slightest wit the PS4 release, which is a shame because no matter how I look at it, the character models and backrounds have aged very, very poorly. I usually don't care much about graphics in older titles, but the lego character models are terrible even by PS1 standards.

I couldn't believe when I opened this thread and saw that my answer was your answer, lol. YES - just updated graphics and things up-close that weren't up-close before, such as when you're about to enter a mako reactor and the rooms, in the beginning, where Cloud had to implant a bomb or whatever. I feel like the mako reactors in the game were always significant because it was like you were entering the unknown, the dangerous, the lurking. I mean, come on, with that type of music? They were always scary, eerie, and mysterious. And all those fumes, too, as if you were hallucinating... -_-

I would also very much look forward to Aeris's death scene, how they would remake it, but that would be pretty heartbreaking considering I'm imagining Cloud's eyes in disbelief when he has Aeris in his arms, and seeing his whole body shaking with the real graphics. That would be something beautiful, but really sad at the same time, like you don't know if you wanna see it or if you do.

I liked the menu. Maybe just change the color to a modern gray or blue with more real profile pictures by their names. That menu is an FF7 trademark...don't take it away...

And I loved the music. I don't want orchestrated versions...just something that sounds of higher quality. Then again, maybe that is orchestra.

I've always felt that the best remakes are the ones that leave all of the core structure of the original game intact and just go crazy on polishing the details. If they do ever remake 7, which I think they will at some point, I hope they do it exactly like the original. Pre-rendered backgrounds with full 3D world map and 3D battles. But make them all the best looking things in existence, as FF7 was at the time (ignoring the origami field models). Then fix the translation and maybe add some more side-quests. Done!

I feel scared that if they do a re-make, they will leave out some of the stuff or even worse add stuff (like they did in Crisis Core) that makes people upset. If they do re-make it I hope they give us the same story and choice to select different options to receive different results going through the game. I honestly wouldn't care if they did like with FFIV and made it for the 3ds though I'd prefer seeing it on the PS4 (or higher in the future lol). My only fear is that they will make it graphics centric and forget why fans loved VII in the first place.

Back