Something unusual...

Madeen

Gil
Garnet
Booted up my old PS2 last night, starting a new game for probably the millionth time. I always watch the opening cutscene before you press New Game or Continue. Anyway, I noticed something odd; if you look at the map while Lindblum is on it, it appears to be spelled "Lindbulm". I was just curious if this was widespread or if it was changed on other editions? I have the PAL Platinum Collection so I'd be very interested to hear your experiences!

I've heard one or two people mention this, and I noticed it in my game as well - here's some useful info from the FF Wiki:

'On the map in the opening video, and on the sign in the bottom left of the Rest Stop screen in Summit Station, and on the maps dotted around South Gate stations, the city is spelled as "Lindbulm". These graphics also appear in the original Japanese version of the game, and the Final Fantasy IX Ultimania uses the term "Lindbulm", so it is likely this is the Japanese English name for the region and the graphics were not updated for the English version.'

'On the map in the opening video, and on the sign in the bottom left of the Rest Stop screen in Summit Station, and on the maps dotted around South Gate stations, the city is spelled as "Lindbulm". These graphics also appear in the original Japanese version of the game, and the Final Fantasy IX Ultimania uses the term "Lindbulm", so it is likely this is the Japanese English name for the region and the graphics were not updated for the English version.'

I never really even cared or remember that :lew: I probably was just too lazy or my eyes are failing me. :wacky:

It is most likely because it never got corrected, as charliepanayi mentions...

Maybe they just overlooked the little bugger.

It's not a big deal or significance though... :hmmm:

Not like it's directly affecting the game itself ya know?

Just a minor error. :elmo:

Thanks, Charlie, that looks to be the most likely explanation. Obviously, it's not a big deal, I was just surprised when I saw it after having played the game for over 10 years!

Back