Help FFXIII: How do you block in battle?

At which point in the game are you in? If you have access to the Sentinel role, you can block attacks easily when you switch to it.

If I remember correctly the only way of blocking in battle is the switch to the sentinel role. You might want to use the auto battle feature because it can be tricky to time the blocking correctly if you're not used to the role.

Aye sentinel is the games equivalent of blocking.

Thats ff13 for ya. Shite. Worth making a class with all sentinels for blocking them super attacks. Or better yet play a better game!

work doesn't stop it from being a little bit shite though

Lightning is able to BLOCK damage from the soldier gunfire in that video because she has some level of Physical Wall synthesized (probably Physical Wall 10) and the gunfire damage is low enough for the Wall ability to completely block it at least some of the time. If you wanted, you could increase your ability to block physical damage by using upgraded Black Belts to synthesize Physical Wall and by casting Protect.

Guys, please get back on topic. Thanks.

Yup, for your answer, the above post summarised it quite nicely.

You guys are just silly because you have no idea how much work goes into creating a game of this magnitude.

The amount of hours and man power put into making a game doesnt make it great. ITs a shame too cuz i remember how hyped i was for FF13 and how utterly dissapointed i ended up feeling.

And to stay on topic like tiornys said you can use protect to reduce the damage you take from physical attacks though i would recommend sentinel.

and after that the game was mine :lew2:

The amount of hours and man power put into making a game doesnt make it great. ITs a shame too cuz i remember how hyped i was for FF13 and how utterly dissapointed i ended up feeling.

And to stay on topic like tiornys said you can use protect to reduce the damage you take from physical attacks though i would recommend sentinel.

and after that the game was mine :lew2:

work doesn't stop it from being a little bit shite though

The thing is, graphics is not appreciated as much as the gameplay. Plain and simple.

Luckily, the gameplay that exists (i.e., combat) is pretty excellent. Otherwise the game would have very little to recommend it.

if i want good graphics and zero gameplay ill watch a movie

I can't remember. Wasn't there some move that Sentinels can do to lower damage? I think it was that Paradigm shift that was responsible for the defense of the team.

Edit: It was the Sentinels who were responsible for team defense and protections.

Last edited:
Back