Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
piece of shit character on the face of the planet

Brother.jpg

gag.gif

the way he acts towards yuna is so creepy and uncomfortable to watch. i've seen a lot of shitty characters, but this asshole takes the cake

shivers.gif

I mean really, a lot of ff characters get hate, but the guy that wants to bone his cousin and is creepishly clingy to her gets NONE. my sister is replaying the games and i realize now that i quite possibly hate him the most in the ff series, even over tifa and kuja.

why don't I see more hate for this guy.

OMG that's so very true! I always thought how creepy Brother was towards Yuna. I never really understood exactly why they made him have a huge crush on her? Yuna's like:
tumblr_n2whtmX78r1rfduvxo1_500.gif

But brother doesn't get the picture.

When I was younger, I thought Brother was simply a nickname for him... Because I couldn't at the time, wrap my head around the fact that he was attracted to her sexually. 0.0

Ugh, he sucks. Everything about him annoys me. He showed no interest in Yuna back when she was fully clothed too.

that's a good point, too. back when tidus was around (to protect her) brother kept a lid on it, but now that he's gone he's always so pushy. i can't help but feel like he's the type of person that would attack yuna at some point, i mean, i doubt that would happen in a ff game, but realistically speaking he seems like the type of man that would become extremely violent if turned down by someone they are stalking. im not sure why square made him like this, but his entire existence was quite uncomfortable to watch and play through. its one reason i dont play x-2 anymore. it's uncomfortable for me.

Ha, I was just thinking this the other day while playing X-2. While his crush on Yuna is not that apparent in X, it is in X-2, and at points its annoying. I mean... it's his cousin! It's just creepy to think about. It seems it was meant to be some sort of comedy relief but it's hard to find it funny.

It's strange how this man dodges hate.

• He has a very annoying voice
  • He's basically a creepy pedo

I guess it's because he's not so memorable ?

But yeah, I despise him too.

He probably dodges hate on account of his portrayal as a buffoon in both games. His interest in Yuna is farcical.

He probably dodges hate on account of his portrayal as a buffoon in both games. His interest in Yuna is farcical.

He's still annoying as AF

He may be a silly buffoon, but he still wanted to bone Yuna. Goofy behavior doesn't mean that he should get away with his creepy and incest behavior.

it's almost as if brother would be more likeable as a philanderer

• He's basically a creepy pedo

By that I take it you mean, 'in no way resembles a paedophile, as Yuna is 17 in FFX and 19 in the sequel. Ergo not a child.

The whole incest thing is a little misleading too. The Al Bhed are a very insular culture, so most Al Bhed marriages would be to relatives. Or consider Wakka and Lulu, the population of Besaid appears to be about 50, so they are probably closely related. There's also the smallness of the global population to consider, in a world with so few people, relationships between cousins would be fairly frequent.

I'm not defending the character of Brother, he is shithouse. But then again, so are a lot of the characters in FFX-2.

but he's the best blitzball player

i like him :(

Omg I was so scared by the title... I was like "someone actually LIKES brother?" lmao.

Yeah... even knowing Yuna is his cousin he still makes advances on her. He always made me uncomfortable and I hated how often he appeared in FF X-2. u_u

I think Brother's reactions and emotions toward Yuna are more like how a normal person would be around a star singer or athlete. Yuna is considered somewhat of a celebrity at this part of her life as she journeys to defeat Sin. Almost everyone in Spira knows her and wants to see the new possibly High Summoner. Even her cousin "Brother" is captivated that he is related to such an on-demand person.

I don't mind Brother at all. His ability to fly the airship with his family loyalty to Yuna and her late father make the connection that much more special. Saying Brother wanted to "bone" his cousin is just over-exaggerating and reaching for something that's not there. He definitely is one heck of a Blitzball player though, which is what I mainly saw him as.

Back