Moogle
Cactuar
Sony Emails Reveal Who Will Play the Next James Bond

idris-elba3.jpg

Idris-Elba-in-a-Suit.jpg

giphy.gif

FINALLY A SEXY BOND

giphy.gif

I don't think it's that clearcut yet, even when someone expresses a preference in an email. They won't be choosing a new Bond until about 2020 at this rate anyway, and a lot can change by then.

Idris would be cool though!

well, i still hope idris gets the deal. he so so handsome it's ridiculous, and suave as hell. i didn't know he was british until this year, i saw him in Prometheus and he was american in that so i just assumed that fine ass was made in the us of a and now... he is british :okay:

anyway, i dont have anything against craig or however you spell it, i just never got a bond vibe is all. :hmmm:

I think they canned the Luther film, so I don't think we'll ever get to see more. :sad3:

Recasting for Bond is still some way off; Daniel Craig is contracted for two or three more and even then Sony may want to extend his deal so there's no way they'd be making a definite choice this far ahead of time. Idris Elba does seem like a solid bet though

but since craig doesn't want in the films anymore maybe he will fake his own death to get away from them? :hmmm: the cause for idris to be a bond lead is very strong and is definitely worth it

Sony definitely wouldn't let him since the Bond franchise is currently stronger than it has ever been, and with the year they've just had they need to play it a bit safe and get a couple of big hits out, and a Bond film starring Daniel Craig will almost certainly steady the ship. So I can't see there being a mutual end to their contract.

oh, i know sony wouldnt let him go, but since craig wants out he could fake his death and let king idris take over and then after a few films come back to life. :ari:

in all seriousness, is there's a way for them to make a deal? :hmmm: i get they had contracts and all that but how long does this one last? and why would anyone sign one for so many years? 8(

I think he has three films left on his current deal, including SPECTRE, but it may be longer. It's normal practice in the industry for actors to sign contracts covering multiple pictures. Hugo Weaving actually has two more films to do with Marvel as the Red Skull, even though the character is dead and he has no desire to return. Andrew Lincoln has been signed for six seasons of The Walking Dead since day one. It's a form of security really; if the film is successful and the characters come back, then the actor has to honour their contract and the studio gets another big pay day. If it isn't a success then they just don't make any more films and aren't obliged in any way to pay the actor.

Damn, six films, though. i had no idea they went longer than three film contracts. :gasp: well, this is a bummer. i was really hoping for idris. thing is, why would the people at sony even say that if it wasn't possible within the next five years? :hmmm:

They'll want to have one eye on the future. I think Sony want to get a film every other year, so the next will be 2017 and then in 19 and then Craig's contract will be up. If he doesn't want to continue it'll be a scramble to find someone else in a short space of time to get another film out for two years later. It makes sense to plan a contingency

They'll want to have one eye on the future. I think Sony want to get a film every other year, so the next will be 2017 and then in 19 and then Craig's contract will be up. If he doesn't want to continue it'll be a scramble to find someone else in a short space of time to get another film out for two years later. It makes sense to plan a contingency

Very true. It's s good idea to be prepared for the future upcoming films after Craig's contract is over. Like you said, it's better than having to scramble for a last minute call cast. They know Craig doesn't want to continue but he contract aids him to be in the next two films. They knew so they prepped for it.

I personally think he'd play a good Bond. Can't wait to see in the future lol :britt:

im just worried that if they wait so long people will forget about idris. people today tend to get bored of celebs very easily and the next thing you know they've dropped off the face of the planet because people weren't hyped for them as actors. maybe if idris stays in the spotlight, but if he does films that don't gather huge fanbase like thor, luther,etc, he'll be forgotten and i am worried sony will think this a bad thing if they were to choose a new actor for the role. i am hoping they said idris because he is full on talent and would play the role perfectly instead of just picking him because people love him at the moment.

They can't sign a contract with him for the role with Daniel Craig currently under one. Idris Elba has been quite a big name for several years; he played Luther in 2010 but was in the US Office the year before and had had smaller roles in some big films prior to that. If Sony think he has what it takes to take on the role then they'll keep him in mind. Whether he has a big fan base or not is irrelevant

I think they canned the Luther film, so I don't think we'll ever get to see more. :sad3:

Recasting for Bond is still some way off; Daniel Craig is contracted for two or three more and even then Sony may want to extend his deal so there's no way they'd be making a definite choice this far ahead of time. Idris Elba does seem like a solid bet though

I didnt even know a film was in the works. The show was one of the best shows in many many years. I binge watched seasons 1-3 last Christmas.
It was somewhat similar to sherlock except Luther was a way way cooler man

Heard that a Luther thing was being made which will be bitching, s'long as it was based away from London with just Luther and Alice. And involved sharks.

On topic though Idris Elba as Bond will be amazing since the man's incredible in everything he's in (especially The Wire) but it probably won't happen I imagine since he'll be probably considered too old when Daniel Craig's time is up by the people in charge. He'll be potentially 48 or so when his first potential film is out if DC just does one more after Spectre and though Moore was 57 in his last one they might prefer a younger Bond so they can tie him in for a longer series/contract which would be a crying shame.

On topic though Idris Elba as Bond will be amazing since the man's incredible in everything he's in (especially The Wire) but it probably won't happen I imagine since he'll be probably considered too old when Daniel Craig's time is up by the people in charge. He'll be potentially 48 or so when his first potential film is out if DC just does one more after Spectre and though Moore was 57 in his last one they might prefer a younger Bond so they can tie him in for a longer series/contract which would be a crying shame.

I was going to say almost exactly the same thing.
He was amazing as Stringer, but he's 42 now. Pierce Brosnan retired from playing Bond at around that age, due to not wanting to be like Roger Moore, also the absolute shit scripts probably played a part, Denise Richards as a Nuclear Physicist, all of Die Another Day etc. The increased physicality of the Craig/current Bond films means that there will be no more 57 year old Bonds.

And as much as I like Idris Elba, I don't really see him as an action hero, brooding introspective cop, sure, the David Brent of the Baltimore drug trade, definitely. Saving the world from pesky shadowy organisations, not so much.

Back