Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
xvjf2015jupm0.jpg

Jump Festa is happening now in Japan where everyone shows off their wonderful new mobile games. So was Square-Enix, but to be fair to them, they did bring Type-0 HD along, as well as a certain little-known upcoming flagship game. Heaven knows what it's called, but it has an X and a V in the title somewhere. Before anyone is expecting some kind of release date for the Duscae demo, or even a tentative release window for the full game itself, expect to be disappointed, something you should be accustomed to by now.

After all, the trailer does end with "NOW IN DEVELOPMENT".

TRAILERS

WORLD INFO

- The city shown in the trailer is called Restarg. It will be a sizeable and seamless city, but not one of the largest in the game's world.
- However, Restarg will NOT be accessible in the Episode Duscae demo.
- There will be a connection between Restarg and the enormous God of War-like titan you see in the trailer.
- There are hotels and diners where players can stop and rest, as well as partake in various events. You can also drive the car around and pretend Top Gear has come to town.
- FFVIII fans, rejoice. Selphies of the world, rejoice. There will apparently be trains that can take you mysterious lands far, far away. And you can freely move around inside these trains too. Ohhhhh, the hype train never ends, right?
- Insomnia, aka Crown City, is the name of the Kingdom of Lucis's capital city.

GAMEPLAY INFO

- Make sure you camp and all that. If you aren't properly rested, your characters will probably not be able to harness buff effects, as well as underperform in battle.
- Sleeping will increase potency of buffs, while buff effects can be attained from purchasing certain items and ingredients from towns and cities.
- Of course, resting in camp is a fundamental way to level up.
- A day in the world of FFXV is approximately an hour in real life. 40-45 minutes of that will be daylight.
- If the developers are cruel enough, they may make you have to put up with battles that will take days to finish.

- Yes, you can acquire summons, once you fulfill certain criteria.
- Demo players will not have Titan, but they can call forth a creature with less story importance in its place. No word on what it is, but it will still be quite powerful.
- Game's internal lore states that only Noctis is blessed with the power of magic. However, there is a special system in combat that will allow party members to channel magic and use it as well as a way to bolster gameplay variety.

CHARACTER INFO

- Mechanic girl is Cindy. Her Japanese name appears to be Cidney.
- Cor Leonis is back, ladies and gentlemen. Like FFXII's guest characters, he'll pop in for a bit to fight alongside the party. He is not really part of the crew though. He serves Noctis's father and is watching over the four. More guest characters may follow.
- Luna is still sitting in that same chair. Rivetting.

Nova Crystallis, Gematsu

That resting gameplay info makes me think of MMOs. Can't be a good sign.

...no? That really isn't an MMO feature.

Also, you know in JRPGs when you may have to dash back to town, go into an inn and rest to get full strength? This isn't too dissimilar, only more realistic-ish and with a few more twists to it. The day draws to a close and you bring up camp without the need to have to mad dash to the nearest hotel. Supplies would be down to basic resource management any RPG player should be able to handle.

...no? That really isn't an MMO feature.

Also, you know in JRPGs when you may have to dash back to town, go into an inn and rest to get full strength? This isn't too dissimilar, only more realistic-ish and with a few more twists to it. The day draws to a close and you bring up camp without the need to have to mad dash to the nearest hotel. Supplies would be down to basic resource management any RPG player should be able to handle.

Varying potency of buffs says MMO to me. Resting affecting battling (other than HP/MP) seems like it'd get annoying and just there to draw the game out (just like an MMO does). Battles that may take days to complete are another MMO trait (or a couple of hours irl). I may be reading too much into this and when playing it may be fine.

The one thing out of all this that I know will annoy me (just from this threads info) is having to camp to level up. I like auto-levels and not Resi 4/tomb raider style leveling where you have to reach somewhere to improve your stats. I also hope that it isn't just like Morrowind where you have complete control over all your stats and you're just given bars to fill up. Even the crystarium's linearity was better than full open-control with stats.

Going to an inn is also very FF-like. It could be considered similar to using a tent or sleeping bag though, which is fine so long as the camping in FF15 isn't at specific places. I wouldn't want to run miles without much health when on the world map...the point of tents is instant help.

/rant about points I'm not bothered about but felt like bringing up over.

Every time I heard more about this game it reminds me of the older titles that I love. Having to set up camp reminds me of FFIX when I needed to use tents. Trains and cars makes me think this world is going to be like FFVIII which is awesome. Battles that take in-game days? Sure, it's not like a FF game has never given us fights that last for hours before, it makes sense that if the time doesn't stop in this world that those same long battles would take up in-game days. Having to battle the summons before you can get them, or perform some other sort of tasks before acquiring them reminds me of FFVIII and IX again. Getting temporary characters who join the party for a while is like XII. More and more promising.

On an unrelated note why the heck did they change her name to Cindy in the English version? Unless she's not Cid, which I think it's pretty clear she is, it makes no sense to change her name.

Last edited:
AAAHHH!!!!! I LOVE<3 Cidney's voice! She sounds so cute and cool! -_- I'm glad that her role/character is now confirmed... I liked the town they showed, but I wish they could have showed Noctis talking to an NPC. I want to know if we will be able to talk to random strangers and easily go into their houses again. I miss that about FF. And Luna's chair, lol...I guess it maintains her mysterious presence. I would've liked to see Stella, also, considering how they changed her design last time and because I'm just interested in her character in general.

I will not lie about my excitement for Final Fantasy XV. After seeing the free roaming and new trailers, I can honestly say I am very excited. It just looks so grand and the world looks very huge. Now, I do wish there was a female party member because I have never played a JRPG with an all male cast. I am thinking Stella (Luna?) what hell is her name these days, anyway? Yeah, I am thinking she will join as a guest character like Cor.

I actually really love the car and the idea you can leave it on automatic or manual. Apparently, the story takes 40 hours if you only follow your path and never go off road once, which unbelievably, is a good sign. Either way, you will not have the gear to do the whole game after sitting in the car so you are going to have to battle. I am going to use Dragon Age Inquisition as an example for playtime. Bioware have clearly stated that the story is about 50 hours long, but this is because the game forces you to do things off the main story path that still connect to the main story. One of my friends finished the game in 35 hours, I have 41 hours, and I have not reached the final mission yet. It is obvious my friend rushed. I can see a similar situation with Final Fantasy XV. One person looking to do only story is going to be shafted by later areas. Most of the enjoyment of RPG games and JRPG games is character interaction through story. It is without a doubt the most important thing in an rpg for me. If we cannot have good characters, then the game is dull. I cannot easily say that I like the cast of XV, and I was only particularly fond of Stella, but we will see. I can see these Bros opening up and perhaps you get to take Stella with you in the car.

I do not really have an opinion on Cindy now. She is supposed to be an NPC who fixes your car or something. I imagine she has no main plot. SE can give us a better look at her besides a 1 min trailer.

All this being said, I really think this game will rival Xenoblade Chronicles X in virtually every aspect.

i am very surprised to hear that from you. didnt you usually hate on efef?

this just proves how promising this game looks :ohoho:

tumblr_mtmmd7J3HB1rw8jabo2_250.gif

I don't recall ever hating Final Fantasy. You must be confused with someone else!

I'm not gunna lie.... I still don't really enjoy the acting so much but.. the trailer looks pretty legit. It makes me happy knowing that they're bringing in some old FF into the new... that has always been a concern of mine as a Final Fantasy fan... playing the older ones and than the newer ones just don't feel quite as right. I don't know if it'll live up to my expectations, but it does look really promising.

Please don't be evil... :sad3: I wouldn't want to spend days fighting a boss :gonk:

A day in Final Fantasy XV is more than 45 mins so it is still a lot of fighting. If they mean a whole week of fighting in FF XV it will be like 5.25 hours or more. I like fighting but hopefully it isn't monotonous.

I feel like when they say it could take more than a day to fight some creatures they mean the really, really tough ones. Didn't they mention there are some creatures in this game that are meant to be impossible to defeat?

Back