Article: New female character teased for FFXV. May or may not be Cid

A female Cid would certainly be interesting...

It doesnt sound right calling a lassie 'Cid' ITs not one of those names that work both ways x______x

I bet it'll be short for "Ciderella" or something. Seeing as how Square likes to make impossibly hard names to spell for people and places lately, it could be short for anything. Or it could be part of her surname...or a nickname.

Glad that there could be a female character. There needs to be one in a JRPG imo.

Or maybe 'Cidney' ...? I don't know how I would feel about it, regardless. It would take time to get used to.

And when are they releasing this game?! I read comments where people are speculating December 2015. I'm not sure where they got that from - haven't kept tab with this game in awhile.

Agreed with Lew. It seems odd to have a female Cid. Not because I'm against the idea of having a clever female engineer, but because Cid sounds odd on a girl.

I guess Sidney or Sydney could also be a girls name, however. That may be a way around it.

Or maybe a creative feminising of the name like Greeny suggested.

If this female character is Cid then I'll get used to it, but it's a bit like calling Tifa Dave.

Diregarding the fact that I don't think the name works for a girl, I think it's cool they keep the Cid generation going, and I'm really not too bothered whether it's a male or female. Cid Highwind will remain my favourite, though. :D

Maybe I shouldn't have put "Cid" in the title, because it's all conjecture.

Nowhere in the scan does it actually say she's Cid or a Cid-like character. It only refers to her as a mechanic who - by my guess - may pop up from time to time to mend your car whenever the crew stops off in that particular coastal city (some people comparing it to Nice, France).

Or she could be like a Nurse Joy sort of recurring character. She's magically in every city and stop-off point, but they're all different people/genetically cloned siblings. No one really knows yet until they feel like showing off more of the game in approximately 10 hours or so from now.

Personally I'm more interested in that city. I want to see more. I'm not exactly thrilled with mechanic girl's design, because unless she wants engine oil dripping all over her cleavage, in what way is it of any practical value to unzip it right down? It also makes her too The Boss-ish from MGS.

@Mitsuki Not sure where anyone got December 2015 from, either. The closest thing we've heard is Hajime Tabata saying the final game is a long ways off from the demo. So at this point it's sounding like a 2016 game.

And I think Cid being a woman is an interesting way to refresh the character. They've explored a lot of possibilities but not that one. The name doesn't really bother me, though. Since when have JRPGs had names that made sense anyway?

I like that above idea of "Cidney" - that fits REALLY well. She looks cool...but of course that's how the Cid characters are supposed to be. I hope she's a playable character like the Cid in FF7. I don't like how all the other Cids are just pilots.

[FONT=&quot]I saw this today and quickly wondered how that can be Cid. It then dawned on me that she looks like a mechanic, which goes well with FF IV Cid. Still, I just cannot see the light of day of a female Cid. It has to be a new character if anything. I will withhold judgement on this character until she gets a full reveal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
*Sigh* that cleavage though. Why can we not have some female characters who are more warrior like? You know, like Cassandra Penthaghast in Dragon Age Inquisition.[/FONT]

I hope she's a playable character like the Cid in FF7. I don't like how all the other Cids are just pilots.

Only Noctis will be playable.

I was also thinking of replying to Cali's post above about how normal it is to have cleavage sticking out when you're supposed to be dressed up in a mechanic's jumpsuit (maybe not too dissimilar to I dunno, something like this), but then...I don't really want to dedicate that many words to the topic of tits. :lew:

Duh, tell me something I do not know! My point was that I want to see a female warrior like character in FF who is not some lovey dovey and show off type. Her outfit is pretty revealing so it must be on purpose.

By the way, SE confirmed her name is Cindy and she has an American accent (Texas?)

She does NOT play a huge role in the story. I honestly doubt she is the "new cid". I watched the new trailer and I find her face is recycled content. She looks exactly like Serah but with blonde hair and different coloured eyes.

I will leave it up to Olivia to post the new trailers but here is Cindy's trailer to fit the thread. Hijacking her role would be cruel seeing how I just came back.

WOW! She's actually VERY pretty! And I love the outfit. I could definitely see her being the Cid of the game. Why not? Just because she's a woman? The group is full of guys, so maybe that's their way of throwing in a girl and switching things up. I would actually be disappointed if it turns out she's not la Cid.

Oh dear. Here come all of the cosplayers dressed up as Cindy now, lol. I'll pretend that heels are conducive to working as a mechanic. At least the heels are a modest height. Looks like a fun costume to wear though tbh.

I'll refrain from talking too much about the cleavage, even though I find it a little unnecessary and obvious fanservice (which sells, even in a subtle way, I get it). I think a sports bra/crop top without showcasing her chest would've been another viable and practical option. But since there's one dude with his whole 8 pack on display, it's only fair, right? 9_9

Also, I don't think it would've been such a horrible thing if her name had actually been Cid. I have a female friend whose name is Cid. I don't find it to be entirely a male name. :hmmm:

I think it would be so cool if she is Cid. I also don't find it strange since to me it does sound like a name that could be unisex. Her being called Cindy as well, is very close to Cid so I could easily see that being her nickname or something. She looks like a Cid-like character what with being a mechanic and such. I don't see anything wrong with what she's wearing either, it looks like it's hot, and being a mechanic doesn't mean someone can't still like to wear nice clothes.

Oh dear. Here come all of the cosplayers dressed up as Cindy now, lol.

Hey...I was gonna do that...lol. Well, the truth is that I don't even cosplay, but I think it would be a stylish outfit to wear on urban streets while you're shopping or something. If the outfit is made with rubber material or something that looks like that the way a lot of cosplayers do, it wouldn't look right. But buying similar clothing at actual retailer stores, I don't think it would look bad at all.

If the outfit is made with rubber material or something that looks like that the way a lot of cosplayers do, it wouldn't look right. But buying similar clothing at actual retailer stores, I don't think it would look bad at all.

Yeah, I think if there were rubber or latex material involved, it'd look a little too sexpot-ish, lol. But I agree, it could look nice using more "everyday" fabrics... :p

I dunno.. I'd much prefer the good ol' Cid but I don't like change anyhow...

or females. :wacky:

In all seriousness, I don't believe she could play the role of Cid... she isn't a main character [then again not all Cids have been] idunno because shes a mechanic ?

I don't think shes cute at allllllllll.

No no no pls don't fix my car...

boobs :squee:

Thats why she has her chest hanging out :lew:

Back