How much are you spending this Christmas?

Paddy McGee

JAMES JOYCE, BY DIONYSOS
Veteran
Gil
Warrior
Bomb
Cactuar
Tonberry
Ultros
Don Corneo
As we all know... Christmas can be anything but cheap!

Whether you're going Christmas shopping, trying to grab that dream present for your significant other(If it's in the clearance bin, of course), or you're hunting down a turkey to gobble(gobble gobble) down, it's going to cost some hard cash!

So, what're your plans? What are you spending? Did you decide to forgo presents?

Discuss!

Nope.

We're not spending a whole lot this year regarding gifts. We've all agreed a good night with friends and family is better, so we're using more to spend on recipes and the likes.

:hmmm:
50,150, 175, 200, 250, 300 and then my phone just broke and I just replaced my broken bed for 150.

So, 450 on my bed and presents & then whatever I spend on my phone. Potentially £600 :gonk: so skint

not actually sure. think we've spent about £400?

thats everyone plus two kids, so i think we have done well with that, need to be a bit more organised next year though. nowt worse than being skint over your birthday because you are spending all your money on presents for other people.

Especially when you dont like some of them xD

Well I did buy Christmas music :lew:

That's about all i've bought for this holiday season... :ryan:

We're too broke to celebrate Christmas by exchanging gifts... We're planning to do it whenever we move out & get settled.

Just a few things... not too many items because we're adults we want high price shit :amg: maybe a big item and some toothpaste :wacky:

Christmas is mainly for kids with their toys from Santa... but I don't have kids, so Christmas is now more of the memories & family bonding rather than gifts.

Christmas Eve and Day off as well as New Year's Eve off from Call Centre job! I did actually want to work on those days so I could actually say "No, I'm working on those days" for the first time in ages.
But no, a few weeks into my job and I am glad I have those days off!

So far, I've spent $12.30 on a journal for a girl friend. Other than that...I don't think I'll be spending any more this year. I might, on another friend, but that's it. Earlier in October, I bought my parents a camcorder and my sister a stroller for her baby shower, which was a little over $100's each, so tbh, I've already spent a lot. For next year, maybe I'll create a side savings so I can get everyone something.

I've spent quite a bit already. >.> I did started shopping a little early though so that I'm not buying last minute gifts during Christmas week and it wouldn't put a big dent in my wallet all at once. Even though we actually don't have a lot of money (sometimes our bank gets down to $50 in some weeks) my husband and I are the giving type, although people say 'don't spend anything on me' etc etc. Yeah yeah, we know. Still, even if it's just a few bucks here and there, I really don't mind. I do appreciate people who don't expect anything for Christmas, I have to say. Huge respect for them. Sometimes I'll listen to my co-workers talk and how they want this expensive brand bag from their boyfriend or else...it's like, c'mon guys.

What irks me is when I have to buy gift wraps and they're more expensive than the gifts I've bought for people. Seriously, gift wraps are no joke. I try to recycle them every year.

I've spent about £50 on my girlfriend, then about as much again on my parents and my nephew. My parents were kind enough to pay for the presents for my sister and brother-in-law. I'd like to have gotten people more, as always but I'm tight for money, as always.

Unfortunately I can't get home for Christmas as I'm working quite early on Boxing Day, so I'll probably be spending it with a nice lie in and then have a film day, and probably catching up on some TV.

Update:

I've boughten more christmas stuff!

I've bought some socks, a holiday sweater and Christmas hats :gonk:

with the music I bought a while back,

I'm at $38.00

:gasp:

LOL so cheap.

:sad3:

Back