FFX-2 Via Infinito: What was your strategy?

Ed Elric

Fullmetal
Gil
Well guys, I'm currently playing through FF X2 and I wanted to know your strategy to get all the way to 100?

I know I won't get the 100% on the game but I've never ever went down to the Via Infinito the past playthroughs I've done.

I'm currently on floor 39 and I've died from the boss on floor 40.

What dresspheres should I equip? What accessories? He's the elemental boss so I'm assuming black mage? I didn't live long enough to really focus on the boss.

What level do I need to be? I figured it was because I wasn't strong enough :sad3:

For the Dark Elemental on level 40 Dark Knights are useful since Darkness ignores it's defences which will usually be harder to get through. It has relatively low HP so providing you can stay alive long enough the battle shouldn't last long. I'm pretty sure I killed it using Dark Knights, but you can use Cheap Shot as well from the Gunners, so I'd say use whichever you have levelled enough for those spells. There's a songstress ability that nullifies magical attacks which would help to defend from his attacks, but I don't usually have my songstresses levelled up because I dislike that dressphere.

I'm not sure about levels, but I know by the time I get to the end of the via Infinito I'm usually over 90. You level up really fast going down there though so I'm not sure what levels I usually start out at when I first go in. Hope that helps anyway :)

For the Dark Elemental on level 40 Dark Knights are useful since Darkness ignores it's defences which will usually be harder to get through. It has relatively low HP so providing you can stay alive long enough the battle shouldn't last long. I'm pretty sure I killed it using Dark Knights, but you can use Cheap Shot as well from the Gunners, so I'd say use whichever you have levelled enough for those spells. There's a songstress ability that nullifies magical attacks which would help to defend from his attacks, but I don't usually have my songstresses levelled up because I dislike that dressphere.

Thanks so much ^_^ it's nice having some information to help get through it :tighthug:I did manage to get through the dark elemental by using that strategy of darkness :boogie::jay: I was a very happy camper for sure :D I'm about to fight the level 60 boss for the first time completely unprepared.. I heard he's a toughie :gasp: but I didn't want to look anything up about it because I want to see for myself :elmo:

Thanks so much ^_^ it's nice having some information to help get through it :tighthug:I did manage to get through the dark elemental by using that strategy of darkness :boogie::jay: I was a very happy camper for sure :D I'm about to fight the level 60 boss for the first time completely unprepared.. I heard he's a toughie :gasp: but I didn't want to look anything up about it because I want to see for myself :elmo:

XD Glad I could help. I can't remember which boss is at level 60 but I know the one at level 80 is tough, I always have a hard time with that one. Good luck! :D A tip: at some point in via Infinito you'll pick up the catnip accessory which is awesome combined with gunners trigger happy and should make fights easier.

. Good luck! :D A tip: at some point in via Infinito you'll pick up the catnip accessory which is awesome combined with gunners trigger happy and should make fights easier.
Thanks :se7:Yeah I got it after the level 40 boss! Although I heard from a Youtuber (don't know if its true) that they fixated the Catnip in the HD version (what I'm currently playing) to where it didn't do that massive amount of damage :gasp: Do you know anything about that? I'll have to try it out myself if that's the case. :hmmm: bc i heard that Catnip helped a lot getting through it :gonk:

Thanks :se7:Yeah I got it after the level 40 boss! Although I heard from a Youtuber (don't know if its true) that they fixated the Catnip in the HD version (what I'm currently playing) to where it didn't do that massive amount of damage :gasp: Do you know anything about that? I'll have to try it out myself if that's the case. :hmmm: bc i heard that Catnip helped a lot getting through it :gonk:

Oh no! :O I hope they didn't, but now that you mention it I think you're right. I did play the HD version when it first came out and I think they did change the catnip accessory which was such a bad move :( but it's still possible to get through the battles, just not as easily sadly. I think what I did that really helped was to use stamina tonic to double party hp and then have an alchemist use curative abilities while the other two girls go on the attack.

Oh no! :O I hope they didn't, but now that you mention it I think you're right. I did play the HD version when it first came out and I think they did change the catnip accessory which was such a bad move :( but it's still possible to get through the battles, just not as easily sadly. I think what I did that really helped was to use stamina tonic to double party hp and then have an alchemist use curative abilities while the other two girls go on the attack.

Yeah earlier today I had played it, and I beat the level 60 boss! :awesome: I think they did make changes (though ive never had catnip before so idunno) but basically you can have any dressphere you want on, and you'll do good damage when and only when you're low health. I had my Rikku in gunner, did trigger happy and it was normal. :gasp: They basically have your character in Beserk. :gonk:

I had to stop playing though bc I got frustrated from the master Tonberry :gonk: I don't have mascot (bc i couldnt get episode complete in bevelle) :dry: which i heard and have seen that they're really good against tonberry. :sad3:

It was the floor where it was one straight pathway.

Yeah earlier today I had played it, and I beat the level 60 boss! :awesome: I think they did make changes (though ive never had catnip before so idunno) but basically you can have any dressphere you want on, and you'll do good damage when and only when you're low health. I had my Rikku in gunner, did trigger happy and it was normal. :gasp: They basically have your character in Beserk. :gonk:

I had to stop playing though bc I got frustrated from the master Tonberry :gonk: I don't have mascot (bc i couldnt get episode complete in bevelle) :dry: which i heard and have seen that they're really good against tonberry. :sad3:

It was the floor where it was one straight pathway.

You shouldn't have to face Tonberry, usually on those levels you can run backwards and drop down a different way to avoid having to fight them. :( sad about catnip, I remember now how they ruined it. Originally having catnip equipped meant that the girl would do 9999 damage every hit when her health was in the yellow, you still had complete control over her too.

You shouldn't have to face Tonberry, usually on those levels you can run backwards and drop down a different way to avoid having to fight them. :( sad about catnip, I remember now how they ruined it. Originally having catnip equipped meant that the girl would do 9999 damage every hit when her health was in the yellow, you still had complete control over her too.

I know! I think I had a chance it's just the fact that he turned around and I was in battle :gasp: I'm trying to find that right strategy... although the platforms are different and random :hmmm:

I'll just keep attempting it and saving on the pedestal to avoid that particular guy :wacky:

Heres a walkthrough @25:54 is where I'm talking about

I know! I think I had a chance it's just the fact that he turned around and I was in battle :gasp: I'm trying to find that right strategy... although the platforms are different and random :hmmm:

I'll just keep attempting it and saving on the pedestal to avoid that particular guy :wacky:

Heres a walkthrough @25:54 is where I'm talking about

Ah :) on that level you can jump down to the left at the bit right before where the Tonberry is and continue down a different path.

Back