Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
21azhfr.jpg

A Square-Enix France Boutique leak has been doing some rounds on the internet. With a large official looking image of a Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD cover branding the PS4 moniker, it looks like fans of the games will now be revisit Spira on Sony's latest console.

The site listing has since been removed, but it promises a 2015 date.

oYTV35V.png

b4wcfr9caaaw2m9pvd8r.jpg

Nova Crystallis

Does that mean I can get another platinum? :hmmm: this is better news than the FFVII one in my view. A lot of people who never had a ps3 to play the rerelease who defected from Xbox to ps4 will be happy with this.

"So this PSX event, shall we announce both the FFVII AND the FFX|X-2 ports for PS4? That'd be logical, right?"

"No! Let's make a giant spectacle of FFVII, mislead fans, piss them off, THEN quietly announce a FFX|X-2 HD port for PS4 maybe a week later or so!"

"Good idea!"

So presumably in one fiscal month alone

- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy X and X-2
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jesus

I literally don't give a fuck about FF press conferences anymore. Until someone unbiased tells me that FF is worth a damn again then I'll look into new titles. Type 0, ffxv and I swear there's more new ones coming out? Talking about squeezing all the blood out of the FF stone.

Meh....PS4 still needs more original titles. i guess FF Type-0 HD technically counts as an original for those who never played it...but FF7 on ps4 isn't that big of a deal. it does feel like teasing, but it might aswell be on PSN.

FFX/X-2 HD coming to PS4 sure makes a lot more sense than FFVII coming to PS4. The HD remasters came out late in the PS3's lifespan, so a lot of people had already moved on to PS4 when it came out, or will be shortly. But actually there's something even more interesting about this idea than just a PS4 port: a PC port. People have been clamoring for it all over the Steam boards for FFXIII, and since porting to PS4 means porting to the same architecture as a PC, SE could very easily release a Steam version of X/X-2 HD after the PS4 release. And that would be significant because it would mark the first PS2 Final Fantasy to make its way onto the PC. Once that bridge has been crossed, who knows but that FFXII wouldn't come next?

Looks like we'll have another game to plat, right Smiff? :britt:

This would sweet if it came over to the ps4 as well. I've sunk a ton of hours into the ps3 version, and I'll sink a ton of hours into the ps4 version as well.

I literally don't give a fuck about FF press conferences anymore.

Same here :facepaw:I stopped following those for a while now since they think it's cute to piss off me and a whole lot of other fans. :dry:

As for FF X-X2 being on PS4 that's cool! For people who haven't gotten the chance to play it on the PS3

Are they trying to add any more content to it? I don't own a PS4 (yet) but I've already played it for the PS3 version. In my opinion it'd be a waste of money for me to buy it and replay it when there's nothing added for me. The HD Mastery is amazing and I like it far better than the PS2 version due to those modifications. I don't think I'd buy it for the PS4 though :hmmm:

Meh....PS4 still needs more original titles.

I agree! When I did own the PS4 I was really disappointed with the little game choices I did have. Original games for the PS4 I think would sell the PS4 for me without a doubt.

Yes its the upgraded PS3 and the console is amazing with awesome qualities, but I want more games and original games added as well. As far as it comparing to Xbox One, the Xbox had more game choices without a doubt (at least when I had it)

What would be the point of the PS4 if there was no new original gaming to have in your possession? Just an upgraded version of a game? it's nice and all, but I'd prefer original titles hands down.

If anyone is wondering why they're bringing this to PS4 when they've just released it earlier this year for the PS3 and Vita, the answer is simple. It costs next to nothing (well, relatively speaking) to port this over, and it essentially prints money, because they know it will still guarantee decent success. There are plenty of people willing to triple-dip, and if it has the additional effect of transferring a bit of the PS3 install base over to the PS4, that would be a bonus. Square-Enix's current strategy appears to be moving everything possible to the PS4 ASAP in hopes that enough Japanese players will follow suit and hope that it maximises an existing audience for FFXV.

I imagine the Kingdom Hearts series would inevitably follow...if the rumoured legal issues with Hikaru Utada's songs can be circumnavigated. And hopefully FFXII gets a chance to be remastered for PS4 as well. Why do you ignore FFXII, Square-Enix? :mokken:

What would be the point of the PS4 if there was no new original gaming to have in your possession? Just an upgraded version of a game? it's nice and all, but I'd prefer original titles hands down.

You and Razberry are going to have to get used to this trend.

Firstly, I imagine both consoles' lack of backwards compatibility plays a significant part. This remastering/definitive edition avalanche never occurred during the PS2/Xbox ---> PS3/X360 transition.

Then there's everything else. The dynamism of the video games industry is now from the indie and small/mid-tier studios. And logically their games would primarily hit PC first before Sony entices them to port stuff over to PS4. Meanwhile, outside of perhaps Ubisoft, bigger studios are left to wrestle increasingly bloated budgets and potentially longer development times, while Japan seems less and less willing to devote the effort to make PS4 games at the moment, because barely anyone in Japan bothers with the PS4.

If you want a platform where most of the originality shines, you'll have to look to PC.

I have no problem with ports and HD remasters for PS4. Heck I also want a FF12 HD remaster. but unfortunately the trend for PS4 when it comes to ff or even SE games is that they arent even trying to make games for the console.

Only ff15? Its going to be the same thing with the PS3 if all we see are sequels and no original games. And whos to say ff15 subseries wont be good. It might be good, but back then we at least had more.

So just remakes and hd remasters and sequels. Is it cheaper? Yes...but their no longer appealing to their long term fans, their appealing to those who never gave the series a chance.

Christ, £40. Next gen tax in effect, guys. Unless your PS3 has exploded, who would pay this much for a PS4 version with such a narrow room for further improvements that it may as well be negligible?

Yeah, not sure what's up with it being $10 more expensive than the PS3/Vita version. PS3 version is already 1080p, so there's not really $10 worth of benefit anywhere in the package. Maybe the PS4 version will have antialiasing? That's the only thing I can think of. Another thing might be porting to x86, but that wouldn't make sense as SE already had to port the $40 PS3/Vita version to two different architectures from an old architecture that was way more complex than either of the new ones. Then there's also FFVII, which will cost $4 more for the PS4 version than the PC version it's based on--and in that case there's no porting between architectures.

What the fuck, Square Enix?!

Yeah, I already saw this but never got to post my thoughts on this. Rant incoming from someone who got 100 percent in both games on ps3.

What exactly is Square Enix trying to accomplish here? It must be more money but I wish they had let us know about this in the end. It just ticked me off that this is now coming to ps4. If I had known, I would have certainly picked up this version! Yeah, there is no way I am going to double dip. I burnt myself out on those games and there is NO WAY I am going to kill the Dark Aeons and Penance again, oh and I will not even mention the ridiculousness of getting 100% in FF X-2. Nobody is holding a gun to my head to buy this but it is still disappointing nonetheless.

I guess it will be a good buy for people who saw this coming. I just find this useless compared to say putting some work on a remaster of FF XII. Yeah, If Square Enix does this kind of thing with FF XII, it had better be on ps4 first, not ps3!

/rant over.

Get working on FFX-3 because we all know it is inevitable.

dOmHxMm.gif

Back