Zidane: Thief
Garnet: White Mage/Summoner
Eiko: White Mage/Summoner
Steiner: Warrior/Knight
Vivi: Black Mage
Freya: Dragoon
Quina: Blue Mage

What exactly is Amarant classified as?

He uses claws as his weapons which kinda goes along the lines as a Monk. (Sabin and Yang from previous titles)

He also can throw items like a ninja. (Shadow from FFVI)

So is he a Monk, Ninja, or something else class-wise?

To me, he is definitely a monk. Like you say, he attacks with his fists (or claws) and a fair amount of his skills are monkish. He does throw as well though, so maybe he's half ninja, half monk.

Still, I go with monk because he stands out more as one.

Maybe it's because I never really used Amarant's throw skill, so i'd consider him more to be a monk as well :hmmm:

I saw this YouTube video while playing FF IX so I would see the different abilities he can use in battle.

The author of the video said this: "When properly equipped and taught the proper skills, he can be the fiercest warrior on the battlefield..."
"Amarant is a skilled assassin, but he can cast magic and perform skills to crush monsters and protect and revive his fellow party members. See, he's not such a dark loner after all!"

Below is the video I found

Maybe hes a bit of both? I see him having skills more as a monk than a ninja.. if you take him as a whole and see his ability list it's clear he's a monk.

Amarant is a Monk type character. You can tell by the his weapon. His attacks are pure physical raw power. He uses gloves with claws which they deal a massive amount of damage.

Back