Festival of the Hunt

Busta

Bang-a-Rang!
Veteran
Gil
Seymour
Once you get to Lindblum and meet Freya, the town is preparing for the annual Festival of the Hunt.

Who do you have win it when you went through it, and is that what you wanted?

I had Freya recently take the gold for me when I played it the other day. So we took home a Coral Ring accessory as the prize which was pretty cool. It teaches 3 decent abilities. The first time I played through I had Zidane win the 5000 Gil, so this was a nice change of pace.

How about yall?

My first run through, I screwed up and couldn't get to the Zagnhol (sp) in time, so Vivi ended up winning first place. I wasn't too thrilled about the Tetramaster cards, so I re-did that part.

I really wanted Zidane to win so he could go on the date with Garnet (they were my OTP at the time). Little did I know that a date would never really be "in the cards." The cash prize was a nice bonus though.

The Coral Ring is a decent prize at that point in the game as well though. :p

I usually let Freya win. I rarely have a problem with getting money, so getting the prize for winning is usually not a big deal for me.

I tried the first couple times I played, but I sucked, so I never won. And when I did win, I would always screw something up and have to do it all again anyway. :lew:

First time I had Zidane so he could go on that date... But yeah never happens... So lame :sad3:

After that I always had Freya win it. The accessory was more helpful than the gold anyways.

I only played through FF9 once. The first time, Freya won, but I wanted to see Zidane win due to that date with Garnet. It took me a couple hours that night - I kept restarting. Like Chan said, I had no idea that it was never supposed to happen. :sad3: If I had a Top 3 gaming disappointments list, that was definitely one of them.

I have ViVi win. The coral ring and Gil are easy to come by, whereas higher tier cards aren't. Then I realised the card game was shit and regretted it!

I always had Zidane win - looking back now I realise it would have been more sensible to let Freya win, but at the time I didn't realise how good the prize was if she won.

The first few times that I played FF IX, Freya won.

Back in the summer when I went through the game again, I made sure that it was me, (Zidane) who won. I was so determined for the Gil that I had leveled him outside Lindblum's Gate by himself. I also made sure that I had the right gear on as well. I synthesized the best weapon available so that I could do damage quicker and have more time towards the end of the festival to meet up with Freya to take down Zagnhol.

I was very proud :griin:

The very 1st time I played through the game I had Zidane win because I wanted to get the W xD
Ever since then I always have Freya get the last hit on that Zaghnol(sp?) so we get that Coral Ring.

Back