Main Character Gender

Busta

Bang-a-Rang!
Veteran
Gil
Seymour
Do we know if it's a male/female yet?

It seems like Square-Enix has been on a roll lately making female leads: Lightning, Ashe (kinda), Yuna (FFX-2), Squall...

Do we know if they are sticking with this recent pattern, or switching it back to a guy for this next one? I know a couple games almost have dual main characters, kinda like FFXII and in FFVI where a buncha characters could be the mains. (Terra, Locke...)

Any confirmation on this?
ualO3r8.png

they confirmed an all-male party for FFXV. i dont know why this is a topic unless you're trying to be sarcastic.

Do we know if it's a male/female yet?

It seems like Square-Enix has been on a roll lately making female leads: Lightning, Ashe (kinda), Yuna (FFX-2), Squall...

Do we know if they are sticking with this recent pattern, or switching it back to a guy for this next one? I know a couple games almost have dual main characters, kinda like FFXII and in FFVI where a buncha characters could be the mains. (Terra, Locke...)

Any confirmation on this?

I don't think it's ok to mess with Japan's beauty standards. Noctis-like boys are popular in Japan and thus final fantasy male characters, especially protatonists, have always followed that pattern. I don't see the point of threads like this, unless you guys feel somehow threatened by a videogame character...

King Noctis Lucis was looking gorgeous in new cosplay costume but as well Cindy wear a yellow short body jacket was also looking awesome. I found it from store "Leathers Jackets".

It's sad to know that I wont be able to make a main character that is a girl, for this game.

What is a disapointment with the all male cast is that all these characters play very obvious archetypes rather than each character appearing original. Gladious or whatever appears to use heavy weapons while the care free Prompto uses guns. The one with glasses seems like a typical man servant. But its hard to really like one individually, their all there just to compliment Noctis. Perhaps if the one in glasses was a little less serious and felt more like "part of the crew" nad a little less "man servant", i wouldn't mind.

Yeah, what the heck did they do to Ignis?

In the Japanese version, he's so much more informal towards Noctis, you'd easily buy that they have been mates for a while. But in the English version of the demo, gone is the "Nocto, daijoubo desu ka?" (Noct, are you okay?") and it's replaced with the far more formal, distant and almost commanding "Watch your step, Your Highness!".

I know when it comes to localisation, it is usually not a direct translation and some creative liberties have to be made to make the dialogue seem more natural to an English audience, but the localisation team for the Duscae demo utterly changed the context of the relationship between Noctis and Ignis. The latter is now the former's butler...because anyone with a (painfully forced) posh English accent is only good for being a butler who speaks with a rather formal tone and diction.

What is a disapointment with the all male cast is that all these characters play very obvious archetypes rather than each character appearing original. Gladious or whatever appears to use heavy weapons while the care free Prompto uses guns. The one with glasses seems like a typical man servant. But its hard to really like one individually, their all there just to compliment Noctis. Perhaps if the one in glasses was a little less serious and felt more like "part of the crew" nad a little less "man servant", i wouldn't mind.

Actually most if not all final fantasy characters are kind of a cliché in the surface, but at least in my case, my opinion about them always gets better once I play and see their personalities are much deeper than that. I think FFXV will impress me the same way.

Mitsuki nice hat. Square Enix already confirmed that the party is male with some female variety (Luna). We do not know anything beyond Luna and Cor being the only guest party members. The cast is mainly male and we only know of three females in the entire game so far.

With the style xv is going for it will have to be all male. Female would most likely be temp party members.

That's a bummer. I mean I'm more of a male lead character guy...since, well, I'm a dude, but I like having at least 1 or 2 female characters thrown into the mix to give a bit of variety on not only fighting styles, and gender, but personalities. You have to admit when female and male party members are mixed into the equation, there always seems to be more of a falre in confrontations, emotions, personalities, and yes, possible love interests.

Back