Fullmetal
Gil
What are your daily stresses?

Whether it be getting to work on time,

passing your classes in school,

setting up appointments,

taking care of your kids,

paying bills, etc.

What are the small things that maybe aren't that stressful, but bring your sense of urgency into play?

1. For me, it's making sure my boyfriend gets out of bed and gets ready for work. He has no sense of urgency whatsoever. I have a very stressful mind lol... my body wakes up before his alarm "just in case"

2. I'm also very stressed with money and making sure we have enough this month to pay the bills. I recently bought a bed that I'm making payments on under my account so I'm constantly checking my bank account.

3. I'm also always checking the mail as well just in case the bills come or important letters I'm expecting.

4. I'm always trying to get out... I get very bored so I try my hardest to occupy myself.. so you can say boredom is a stress of mine.

Good topic.

Money. Ugh, never-ending stress. I've actually started saving up on three months ago, pulling out $10s, $20s, and $30s cash back whenever I make a trip to the grocery store. I keep it in my wallet for two weeks, see how much I can pull out little by little, then transfer it to my savings wallet (one that we absolutely don't touch unless necessary) and keep a record of my deposits. I met and exceeded my goal for the year, so I'm pretty happy about it. We did have a tighter budget than usual and really watched our spending, how often we ate out, etc. So while money will and always be stressful (rent, gas, food, insurance, utilities, other miscellaneous bills, and loans that my husband has to pay off), I try to find ways to benefit from our hard work, even if it's just a little. Figured, hey we deserve this extra $20-$50 per paycheck, so putting this aside for savings and funds for our kids later. It adds up. I wish I started this years ago.

My three-year-old (almost four) makes me laugh daily, but he also adds to my stress. Nothing big or anything, moreso irritation when he's throwing a tantrum, which isn't often. He's a lot more mischievous than anything, not the type to hit other kids his age, which I'm thankful for. I worked at a daycare center taking care of kids around his age years ago, and I've seen really bad-tempered toddlers. My son makes a huge mess though, so our daily routine is cleaning up around 7:00 a.m before dropping off my daughter to school, and then I zone the place throughout the day so that it doesn't become a pile of mess. When it does get that way, I am easily on edge (especially when I come home from work around midnight and the place is a mess, there's dishes waiting for me, but everyone's asleep) and the next morning I can be a bit strict than usual.

Work. I work in retail, so that explains a lot.

When I'm here on the forums, I try to find some time to chill with people and be a bit more relax. Sometimes it ends up doing the opposite effect though, haha. It's all good though.

I'm a pretty highly strung individual so I get stressed pretty easily. Currently my biggest on-going stress is trying to find work. Nothing is more demoralising than being unemployed. I've tried so many avenues from online prospects, to local to overseas companies and firms. Nothing has turned up yet. I was lucky enough to meet a senior designer for a very big, successful and wonderful company while in London last week so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for that...even if it does mean that I would have to move to continental Europe if I get the job. :sad3:

I stress a lot about what other people think and say; which is a miserable thing to get in knots over, believe me. Being in a situation in which I know people aren't particularly pleased with me or are totally indifferent can really get to me. Currently this is something I have to deal with daily, it is so horribly stressful that I can even get sick to the stomach from it. Hopefully one day I will find the "meh" button and not fret over such things.

Good topic.

Money. Ugh, never-ending stress. I've actually started saving up on three months ago, pulling out $10s, $20s, and $30s cash back whenever I make a trip to the grocery store. I keep it in my wallet for two weeks, see how much I can pull out little by little, then transfer it to my savings wallet (one that we absolutely don't touch unless necessary) and keep a record of my deposits. I met and exceeded my goal for the year, so I'm pretty happy about it. We did have a tighter budget than usual and really watched our spending, how often we ate out, etc. So while money will and always be stressful (rent, gas, food, insurance, utilities, other miscellaneous bills, and loans that my husband has to pay off), I try to find ways to benefit from our hard work, even if it's just a little. Figured, hey we deserve this extra $20-$50 per paycheck, so putting this aside for savings and funds for our kids later. It adds up. I wish I started this years ago.

Hey, that's a very smart thing to do! budgeting is probably one of the harder things to do so every little thing does count. When I got tips from my old job, I had bought a piggy bank to start saving the money... seems a little childish maybe but it worked for me! :wacky: (kind of the same thing you do with your savings wallet.) Congrats on meeting your goal Mits, it isn't easy! The cost of living is just way too high right now. :shame:

Work. I work in retail, so that explains a lot.
:lew: Yes, yes indeed. Customers can be a real pain. :vikki:

I'm a pretty highly strung individual so I get stressed pretty easily. Currently my biggest on-going stress is trying to find work. Nothing is more demoralising than being unemployed. I've tried so many avenues from online prospects, to local to overseas companies and firms. Nothing has turned up yet. I was lucky enough to meet a senior designer for a very big, successful and wonderful company while in London last week so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for that...even if it does mean that I would have to move to continental Europe if I get the job. :sad3:

I'm in the same boat as you and it is very stressing indeed. :worried: I had moved and lost my job because I wasn't able to get the transportation to get there. There is no bigger stress imo, not being able to find a steady working environment. I apply and apply and the interviews I did get, they never call me back [even though I was persistent enough and called them] One of the places had kept giving the run-around "Our hiring manager is on vacation." "Okay well, when will said person be back?" "Oh... we don't know." Same store few days later : "Hi, is your hiring manager available?" "Sorry, you called too late please try in the morning." WTF MAN. :|

I stress a lot about what other people think and say; which is a miserable thing to get in knots over, believe me. Being in a situation in which I know people aren't particularly pleased with me or are totally indifferent can really get to me. Currently this is something I have to deal with daily, it is so horribly stressful that I can even get sick to the stomach from it. Hopefully one day I will find the "meh" button and not fret over such things.

Again, I'm in the same situation. I'm so damned insecure and I'm always focused on what other people think... sometimes I don't say what I really want to say, because of this curse.

getting out of bed int he morning and getting the kid to get a move on so we are not late for school

the damn dog

people not picking up after themselves

same old story every day, all of the above and me always yelling about them lol

1. My room - I clean it, it gets dirty again. And this happens because I'll take something out, and then I don't put it back where it ACTUALLY belongs. This is a bad habit I seriously need to stop. And a good habit I need to start is cleaning my room once a week, meaning mopping and dusting. My room is actually a bit of a wreck right now because I rearranged it and am too lazy to get it to the way I planned on making it looking, lol, so stuff is all over my desk and my book shelf.

2. Eating - I used to not care about repetition of food when I was a kid, but it naturally changed. So now I stress about what new stuff to eat each of my meals. I'm not a cook, either, so...you know how that goes. xD I wait on my parents, which is pretty sad at 20. I still act like I'm 15. =( I can stand something similar for a few days, but it'll have to change and it can't be what I eat for the whole day.

3. When to wash my hair - I've been told that you're not supposed to wash it everyday or you lose a lot, so now I've changed it to every other day, but then I lose track, so it's like, "When...?" It's stressful.

4. Getting up...and going to sleep - Getting up is a hassle. You just feel SOOOO sluggish as you walk to the bathroom to wash up, so it makes you not wanna do it. Plus, I wake up kind of late, which makes me feel like a lazy person, so it adds to the sluggish feeling. Going to sleep is hard for me because I have a lot of thoughts so I tend to not even WANT to go to sleep or else I'll have to lay there for a bit thinking about them. I tend to stay up a bit longer for that reason just to get exhausted so I can get to sleep quicker.

5. Money, also - I wish I had more. Who doesn't? But I'm still in college trying to get to that "more" point, so right now I have to deal with a minimum wage job. And keeping count of what I have, what to save, how much was that thing I just bought? Was it even worth it? It's exhausting to keep count and to keep up. Budgeting or finance, whatever you wanna call it. Then it gets to you to actually see what you do with your money. STRESS! ;_;

6. Becoming independent - That's a new one. I'm 20 now, no more "teen" in the age number anymore, lol, and I've always imagined having my own little, decorative apartment. So, right now I'm stressing about how to get housing and if I can/will even get it, since I know I can't make it in regular apartments with the job I have. I don't even know how to drive yet, so how am I going to get from one place to the other? Bus route problems. Is the place near shops and bus stops so I can walk? Is it convenient? Those are things I have to worry about until I can drive. I don't want to stay with my parents anymore for a while. I want to get my own place or else that apartment dream will never come true. I've been holding off a lot of things I had been wanting to do. Life doesn't wait for you, and I'm tired of playing the waiting game for no reason. I feel like it's the right time.

7. My little niece - She stresses me out for some reason, lol. Kids, in general, make me stressed. I feel like I have to entertain her whenever she's around, and if she's around, I have to at least check up on her to make sure she's okay. Kids can get into trouble easily. And if she comes into my room, I always gotta watch out to make sure she doesn't steal my teddy bears, LOL!

8. School/career - Because I'm just not sure about what career I want, which stresses me out of school. And school brings bills, which means more money taken away from me that I would like to have.

9. Personal relationships - Not too much to deal with, but the ones I do have, I tend to stress about because they are important to me. I'm also not great at creating and maintaining new ones, so that stresses me out, too.

Hmm...I think that's it. This was cool because I never realized all these things stress me out day in and day out.

2. Eating - I used to not care about repetition of food when I was a kid, but it naturally changed. So now I stress about what new stuff to eat each of my meals. I'm not a cook, either, so...you know how that goes. xD I wait on my parents, which is pretty sad at 20. I still act like I'm 15. =( I can stand something similar for a few days, but it'll have to change and it can't be what I eat for the whole day.

I'm the same way! I hate having the same foods everyday it just gets old and annoying.. I'm no cook either, and my boyfriend gets lazy all he wants is to go out and eat and it stresses me out because, i'm tired of fast food :gonk: I just feel gross with myself. :sad3: I don't eat that much, but it's the fact that it's not good for your health. I try to get grilled chicken, etc because everything is so unhealthy. I just want a home cooked meal pls.

Back