Tonberry
ADMINISTRATORS

Ilyenaicon.png

Staff Member: Ilyena
AKA: Your Worst Nightmare
Staff Position: Administrator
Joined Site: June 16, 2007
Joined Staff: January, 2010
Staff History: Ilyena joined the staff in 2010 as an FF Moderator. For reasons beyond comprehension, she was promoted to Global Moderator. After deftly eliminating her enemies, such as CassinoChips and Shu, she rose to the ranks of Administrator where she is slowly plotting the overthrow of Lord Golbez.

Bio: The above wasn’t a bio?

Interests / Hobbies: Gaming, writing, reading, programming, watching way too much Investigation Discovery.

Fun Facts: Tia owns at least five different coffee machines and upward of 60 pairs of shoes.

Approachability: Are we ranking this on a scale? 10/10, I guess?

Favourite FF: IX and IV
- What made you decide to become a staff member here, and why do you stay?
I really enjoyed the community of the forums. Even though it’s not as busy as it once was, I still do.

-Do you find it easy to work with your fellow team members? You may give specific names and examples.
Yes

- What are some challenges you face (or have faced) as a staff member?
Trying to balance friendships with other members with staff duties. For example, not letting friends get away with breaking rules.

-What are some key improvements you've noticed about our current staff team and administration?
We have a very mature and engaged staff these days and it’s a great feeling.

- In your opinion, what are the most important positive qualities of this forum?
The friendliness and camaraderie of the members.

- Describe a typical (or memorable) day in the job. What do you find most enjoyable about your job?
There was always something satisfying about banning spambots. The system takes care of most of that now. These days, I like tinkering around on the back end and trying not to break things.

- In the time that you have been a member here how much have things changed?
Things have changed a lot. Forums aren’t as popular as they once were so the forum is definitely less busy. Many of the members who have been around for a long time were teenagers when they first joined, so it’s interesting to see how everyone has grown up.

- Outside FFF, what do you like to do during your free time?
I like to spend time with my family. I have three small children so it’s pretty hectic. I also try to find time to enjoy a game or read a book.

- What's the best thing that's happened to you so far while staying here at FFF?
I met my now husband.

5tpMVLO.png

Staff Member: Dionysos
AKA: Argor251 / Argor, Argie, Dangor, Dennis, Danimal, Dino Dan, Dan the Man, etc.
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain. A red ditch therein. His mind inhabits Cloud-Cuckoo-Land, however.
Staff Position: Administrator
Joined Site: June 26th 2008
Joined Staff: April 15th 2011
Staff History: Dan first joined staff as a moderator for the Gaia section in 2011. In 2012 he was invited to be a Global Moderator. So he did.

Bio: Dan was born in the land of Britannia. As it happens Dan was born within the wrong borders (the naughty and hated bit which people label as ‘England’), and so he lived amongst people who are not allowed to express cultural self-interest without appearing as a nationalist racist, a football fanatic, or pretentious. Since Dan is not a racist, and never followed The Football, he fashioned himself a Briton instead. It also sounds better.

Though a bit of a daydreamer, Dan somehow managed to survive school with decent grades. After gradually developing a bit of a fascination with Greece he decided to study Ancient History at university, and then when he completed that he eventually ended up going back to university for postgraduate study in the same field.

Fun Facts: (‘Fun’ may be stretching this quite a bit). Dan’s interest in Final Fantasy started when he was about 11-12 years old. A friend of his at the time encouraged a group of people on the playground to pretend that they were in a battle in FFVII. Dan was confused about why he had to stand still and wait there while different people ran up to him in turn to fake-hit him. Being curious, that eventually led Dan to try the actual game on the PS1.

Dan cannot ride a bike. When he was growing up, and other kids were effortlessly gliding along on their bikes, Dan was kicking furiously at the ground on his scooter, panting, and determined to keep up with everybody. This didn’t even strike Dan as odd and silly at the time, for he believed that his scooter was glorious.

Whilst generally disinterested in sport (and not very good at it), Dan did used to run the 200m and 400m on track. Dan competed many times, but decided to give it up due to university scheduling conflicts (the excuse), but also because he grew to despise the competitive element of it (the truth). Whilst not missing the competitions, he does miss running like that from time to time.

Interests/Hobbies: Dan is interested in history, world culture, and mythology. He is particularly fascinated with Greece and has travelled there several times.
Dan also likes reading, comics, gaming, music, and movies. His particular interests are in Doctor Who, Lovecraft, Marvel, etc. Like all people, Dan is interested in far more than his brain actually recalls for this sort of list.
There are no practical hobbies that Dan does currently, although it is probably time to change that. Dan has attempted to write short stories, and can be quite creative (depending on the judge!), but he has yet to find an outlet through which he can express himself.

Approachability: Some say that Dan is rather approachable. Dan can at times be a bit mysterious and difficult to know, but if you ever have a problem or want to talk, he will listen and does not judge.

Favourite FF: Jointly tied between FFVI and FFVII. Both of them have strong storylines, characters, and contain some of Nobuo’s best musical compositions. Dan loves the fantasy / steampunk elements of FFVI, but he also adores the more science-fiction and horror fiction themes of FFVII.
-What made you decide to become a staff member here, and why do you stay?
I wanted to become a staff member here because I cared a lot for the community. I stay today for much the same reason that I joined in the first place, and that is that there is an incredible amount of potential for this forum. The community is generally friendly, and people have developed with each other over time. Whilst trolls exist from time to time (inevitable; this is the internet) I find that their numbers on this forum are relatively low, and the members here deserve credit. With the variety of boards on this forum there is also much room for discussion on almost anything. Final Fantasy may be the external skin of this community, but what lies underneath that is huge and limitless (cf. those trivial facts about fully stretching out your organs to fill a football pitch, etc).

-Do you find it easy to work with your fellow team members? You may give specific names and examples.
Yes. The current line-up of staff is very easy to work with. There aren’t many internal conflicts, and issues and disagreements are discussed civilly. We have respect for each other and look out for each other too.

-What are some challenges you face (or have faced) as a staff member?
The real challenges are when two strongly opposing viewpoints clash in debate threads. Whilst the discussion itself might be important (and therefore closing the thread is to be avoided when possible), the challenge comes when the debate gets heated, personal, and unpleasant for everybody either viewing or directly involved. It has been difficult at times to calm people and encourage people to consider that people hold different opinions, and when a thread gets like this it is no longer productive.

-What are some key improvements you've noticed about our current staff team and administration?
I’m not sure how it looks from the outside, but the current staff team have a professional approach to dealing with the forum. I don’t see people losing their temper and getting angry at members, and I don’t see flippant and hasty decisions. Staff are reasoned instead, and complicated issues are usually brought forward for the team to discuss.

-In your opinion, what are the most important positive qualities of this forum?
The community with its friendship groups, but also the various events which take place (Birthweek, Survivor, Secret Santa, etc).

-Describe a typical (or memorable) day in the job. What do you find most enjoyable about your job?
A typical day on FFF has me log on, check the new posts and threads, and see people discussing things in the SB, and then I go to bed and sleep. If any issues pop up during this time, then I do my thing with them.
Picking a memorable moment is tricky, as I do have quite a few memories which are clouding my brain and refusing to surface.
I find responding to and helping members to be an enjoyable thing.

-In the time that you have been a member here how much have things changed?
The number of active members might have dropped, but I really do feel that the members who have stayed have grown in themselves over the years. This is an inevitable part of growing up, but it is noticeable how people have changed and developed as people.

-Outside FFF, what do you like to do during your free time?
Read. Play games. Watch TV (less frequently). Movies. That sort of thing.

-What's the best thing that's happened to you so far while staying here at FFF?
I met Timmy the Turtle. And with that, I lost my sanity. That can be argued to be a good thing. If you spend long enough observing our world, you soon find that our planet does not support sanity.
Meeting people on here and learning their opinions has also been an amazing experience. I’ve been able to learn more about how different people think about different issues, and it has honestly enabled me to develop as a human being as well. I’ve also made some friendships that I’ll hold fondly for a long time at least.

2Q6sgpY.png

Staff Member: Six
AKA: Kirababes, Bibbles, Dutch Gold, Dutchy.
Staff Position: Administrator / Admin Support
Joined Site: March 24th, 2009.
Joined Staff: July 12th, 2012.
Staff History: Six joined the forum in 2009 to challenge her Photoshop (GFX design) skills. On October 13th, 2010 she worked her way up a step and became GFX Clan Leader of the graphics clan Live in Colour. After a decent two years of clan leading, she started helping out former moderator Warbourne with Signature of the Week, running weekly competitions. It didn't take long before she got promoted to become Spira's section moderator on July 12th, 2012.

On October 26th 2018, Six was promoted to Global Moderator. She couldn't part with her section, though. This is when the admins decided to not hire a new staff member for Spira, but instead allow Six to keep the section.

The Global Moderator position was short lived, as she was asked to join the admin team on June 14th of 2019. Six was torn on whether or not to accept. She's never seen herself as "one of the admins" but much prefers a supportive role. This is when a new role was created on Final Fantasy Forums. Admin Support.

Don't let the title completely fool you, she really just didn't want to switch to the blue username colour the other admins have. Shh, don't tell anyone.

Bio: Six has, and probably will always be one of those people that hates leaving things unfinished. In real life she is as picky as she is on the forum, and likes her "workplace" to be organised, neat and intact. Due to this fact, she always did kinda prefer working alone. She's a wall of support in any team she does work with, but she definitely appreciates her own space. Some people may think she's overly serious, but she's really not if you get to know her. She does like to remind people though, because she'd much rather "it done" than have it "forgotten".

Due to her (most of the time) serious outlook on things, people may think she's one of the tougher people to approach on Staff, but she's really not. She's a great listener and will never take advantage of a position leading / working in a team. Six is one of those people that greatly appreciates effort. No matter who you are or what position. Power is in what you do for the people around you, not in the title of your job.

Interests / Hobbies: Guitar, singing and GFX design.

Fun Facts:
  • Though right handed, Six plays the guitar left hand.
  • Dutch being her native language, she has an American accent (mixed with some silly British pronunciations) when speaking English.
  • Horror is her favourite genre when it comes to films and games, although she will most likely never touch / finish a horror game herself. Chicken-wuss.
  • Only ever applied for the GFX Clan Leader position, every other position was offered!

Approachability: Please don't.

Favourite FF: VII.
-What made you decide to become a staff member here, and why do you stay?

I actually didn’t “decide” to become a Staff member. For the longest time I had been Clan leading one of the GFX Clans, and after two years, I guess the current Staff deemed it necessary that I would be joining the (now ex-moderator) Warbourne in his Spira duties. I was asked to join Staff, and considering I love putting effort into something that other people enjoy as well, I accepted the offer.

I stay because of two “main” reasons, I enjoy the place myself. I love coming on here after a day of work, or just to relax and posting about Graphic Design or games. And second, because I have a big sense of responsibility, I enjoy working towards bigger goals, and making this place more enjoyable for both veteran and new members.

Sometimes... I’ll have to admit that who I am works better when working alone, but I have heard, and would like to think that I’m a big support when working in a team. I’m always here for the fellow Staff members, and will aid them in any way I can. The same goes for our regular members.

-What are some challenges you face (or have faced) as a staff member?

A big struggle has, and probably will be Team Work. I’m used to working alone on quite a good pace, so I come over as overwhelming to a lot of people, not just members, Staff as well. Taking the time to work on myself and my flaws is quite the challenge, but a good one in my eyes. As of late, it’s gotten easier to take a step back and tell myself it’s okay if someone wants to take an extra day to get something done, though... I still struggle with it, and would much rather they just hurry up and do it right the first time! I’m working on it, though!

Of course, there is always room for improvement, but I think our current Staff can be proud of what they have achieved to this day. Especially the administration team has come a long way. I would’ve never even considered taking the offer to join Staff had it been like it was in the old days. Honesty and being realistic is the best way to go, in my opinion, and I think we’re doing one hell of a job with that. There’s no more friend cliques, no more member bashing, and the people that are on Staff currently seem a lot more mature in my eyes than back in the day.

-In your opinion, what are the most important positive qualities of this forum?

Ironic as it is, team work. I don't think the forum would've gotten to where it is today without it. In my honest opinion, Staff we have currently are mature, it's no more drama-soap-series. We're the "definition" of a "community", and I'm extremely proud of that.

-Describe a typical (or memorable) day in the job. What do you find most enjoyable about your job?

I think this is a great example, so I will use it instead. Back when I was a Clan Leader, I worked hard to improve things, though, just like any other forum, or any other real life activity, there’s always people who like to ruin it for you, or question your intentions, or abilities, some do it in nastier ways than others, long story short, I was ready to quit Clan Leading, and give up altogether on this forum. The reaction I received from my Clan almost had me in tears though, people telling me they appreciated my work, saying the clans haven’t had a dedicated clan leader like that up to this date. It was overwhelming and really showed me that even though there’s always a handful of people that will doubt your abilities, there’s almost always a bigger group that supports you and notices your effort.

It really was a lesson for me, because I already don’t like giving up, so that was a big change of events for me. I’m still thankful to this day that things went how they did, the people who wanted to ruin things included. It wouldn’t have turned out this way without them.

What I find most enjoyable about my job as a moderator, though, is definitely being able to make a difference on this site. Suggestions for the GFX section, shoot, ideas, themes, tournaments, I’m all game. I like to think I’m easy going and definitely support those wanting to bring activity, so giving back to members in what they would like to see themselves is extremely rewarding.

-In the time that you have been a member here how much have things changed?

Things change everyday, whether it’s activity levels, the moods of our members, the groups, friends, inspiration, I’d say nothing is constant but change. I can definitely say that our Staff team now, takes time to consider the feelings of our members, we don’t act as though we’re better, or on “god mode”. One of our very own members summed it up quite nicely, we’re only people here on Staff as well, we make mistakes. The atmosphere as definitely changed for the better the passed few years.

-Outside FFF, what do you like to do during your free time?

I’m a big music fanatic. You can often find me playing guitar, singing, recording covers, etc. I also enjoy Photoshop and creating signatures for our very own Signature of the Week. I usually like to spend my time behind the computer even if I’m not on the forums. You can also find me chasing our cats!

-What's the best thing that's happened to you so far while staying here at FFF?

Definitely the friendships I’ve taken ‘home’ with me. Some people I’ve just really clicked and found that connection with, and I’m proud of our best friend relationships to this day. I also enjoy that the members who notice Staff’s effort appreciate it more than back in the day. After all, we don’t get paid, it’s just a hobby, so at the end of the day it’s a very rewarding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back