Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None

First teaser trailer for the upcoming Episode VII is out. Not much else to say really, except for the fact that the Sith guy's lightsaber is ridiculous. I'm not convinced that a claymore sort of sword (sword with a guard hilt) is very practical for a lightsaber, but what do I know.

imQuARdnR1Txh.gif

iDr77sY.gif

animation1azzc3.gif

I am a kid again.

Someone buy me a toy lightsabre.

And a toy millenium falcon. My brother's had the originals... But they were given away. :sad3:

I am so psyched for this film!!

I downloaded the trailer and watched it on my HDTV... I'm content with what I saw. It's good to have something even if it is a teaser than all these silly twitter updates. Looks like it has caught the vibe of the original trilogy more with its rusty machinery, I hope its just as fun too.

I personally cannot wait to see this. I Like Abram's films (cept the trek series) so I hope this will be good. The only thing that kinda took me back some was the lightsaber with the sword handle. i don't read the books or stuff like that (only the films) so i'm not sure if that's a canon saber in the series but either way i don't like it. actually, now that i think about it. it makes sense. it can protect thy hands, so good move.

whatever, i cant wait

There's been a fair bit of backlash over the hilt on the light saber, it seems a lot of fans aren't happy about it. As cool as it does look, it's quite unnecessary.

It's a pretty exciting trailer. We only see three faces in the whole thing; those of the three leading cast, but we get nothing about their characters or what part they play.

That lightsaber does seem impractical, and it might accidentally wound the bearer if his fingers were to slip slightly, or if he was to place it close to his body at different angles. I guess though it might help him if another lightsaber was to strike his lightsaber, ride down the shaft, and then it would be prevented from getting any further and slicing his arm off / etc. That's the only practical thing I can think of.

I should watch the original trilogy again before this, just to remind myself how good the series is.

I wonder who the stormtrooper guy at the beginning is (if he is anybody of significance, that is, and not just a stormtrooper without a helmet).

I wonder who the stormtrooper guy at the beginning is (if he is anybody of significance, that is, and not just a stormtrooper without a helmet).

Jurassic World has attracted my attention more, but I'll still go and see this movie.

The three people prominently featured in the trailer are the leads for the film- Storm Trooper, speeder person and the X-wing Pilot.

Also... Jurassic has me psyched too!

After a decent 2014... Roll on Cinema in 2015!!!!

There's apparently stuff going around online that the lightsaber looks to be a weaker blade, and this may be because so far into the future the supply of elements used at the core of a lightsaber has dried up, leading to a weaker light from it, and this is going to be a sub plot to the trilogy

There's apparently stuff going around online that the lightsaber looks to be a weaker blade, and this may be because so far into the future the supply of elements used at the core of a lightsaber has dried up, leading to a weaker light from it, and this is going to be a sub plot to the trilogy

I'd be much more willing to entertain that arguably good idea, if the saber didn't have the hilt, and wasn't much longer than usual.

But, I did notice that the blade was much thinner, but perhaps that's due the the increased length?

Of course... The title does allure to the idea of the force being asleep and- if my starlore is correct- lightsabers are powered by force crystals.

So, I'm skeptic about it.

I can take this sword more seriously than the Lightwhip in the EU canon, so I suppose it's not all bad.

I'm not going to over-think the lightsaber. Will wait on more (i.e. more than a few seconds) before making any critical judgements about anything. Though do like the general look of what we have seen so far as it doesn't look like an over blown CGI-fest like I-III.

Dreading the inevitable introduction of Jar Jar Binks' twin grandchildren who will later star in their own spin-off cartoon on the Disney Channel and anything else that will milk the Star Wars name alongside the new films.

It's only sixty seconds or so, so hard to read too much into it. But it's a nice introduction and I liked the Millennium Falcon. Looking forward to the film anyway, they've got a good cast together for it.

I can't express how excited I am. I don't have high expectations for it, but I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I watched the trailer once, came twice :wacky:

All jokes aside, I'm hella excited for it to come out in 2015. :starwars: I grew up watching this stuff and this teaser is bringing back my childhood memories :awesome: There's really not much i can conclude with it, i guess i'll just have to wait. I watched a lot of youtubers trying to get into detail i just laugh :lew: its a teaser... c'mon xD its just trying to get the hype up. Don't write a damn book on it now :P

That lightsaber doe... looks badass lol ;)

"It's so dense. Every single image has so many things going on".

Back