𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Signature of the Week
Final Fantasy Forums

Suggest or discuss themes or ask questions here!
Questions or concerns can also be taken to Private Message.

View the SOTW Gallery: Click here.

What is Signature of the Week (SOTW)?

Signature of the week is a signature graphics competition that takes place once a week. It’s a free for all competition, meaning anyone, even if you’re a beginning graphic artist, can enter. There are weekly guidelines that entrants must follow, you can always find the guidelines and voting threads in SOTW’s main forum. The guidelines and voting threads are created by the Spira Moderator.

What is Avatar of the Week (AOTW)?

Avatar of the Week is an icon/avatar graphics competition. This competition has been discontinued on FFF. If you would like to see an avatar/icon theme in SOTW please suggest a theme in the Discussion & Results thread or PM the Spira Moderator (Six) for more information.

How do I enter SOTW?

Once your signature is finished you submit your entry to the Spira Moderator (Six) by Private Message. More information about the SOTW Guidelines can be found in this post.

SOTW Rules
Standard forum rules apply
(read here).

• Voting for yourself or asking others to vote for you is not allowed. You will be disqualified if this rule is broken.
  • You can not enter the same signature in different themes. Each theme must have a newly created signature.
  • Entrants are allowed one personal entry and multiple collaboration entries per week.
  • SOTW entries must be within forum limits (400px height) unless stated otherwise.
  • Every entrant has 24 hours (starting from the voting post) to submit a late entry. Please do so with discretion and PM the Spira Moderator.
  • Saturday is the standard day for SOTW's voting threads to go up and new guideline threads to be made. Please mind there is no time set for when the voting goes up on Saturdays so send in your entries on Fridays or any time before that preferably.

SOTW Guidelines and Information

In the SOTW forum you can find "monthly guidelines". A thread that exists of four themes, which each first theme of the month being a standard Freestyle theme. Every theme has it's own weekly due date.

"Current": This theme is due on the first upcoming Saturday.
"Coming up": These are the remaining themes for the month.
"Completed": These are the previously hosted themes for the month. You can no longer submit entries for these themes.

Be mindful of the INDIVIDUAL DUE DATES each SOTW theme has. The SOTW guidelines are bundled by 4 so that you can make entries in advance if you wish, but each guideline still has a weekly due date.

SOTW and Social Media

SOTW's winning entries are uploaded to FFF's DeviantArt account, and with every 5th win your winning entry will also be published on FFF's Facebook. Please mind that this is a standard procedure, if you do not wish to have your work published by anyone but yourself, please send Six a PM stating so. Entries that are uploaded by Final Fantasy Forums will contain an DA watermark. Entries published on Facebook are taken from the FFF DA, meaning the automatically have the DA watermark added to them.

FFF DeviantArt
FFF Facebook

Rewards and PrizesEntrants:
- 25 Gil

Winners:
- 50 Gil*
- vBSlider Display.
- DeviantArt Display.
- 1 GP* Freestyle only.

Winning 5 times:
- 100 Gil*
- vBSlider Display
- DeviantArt Display
- Facebook Display
- SOTW Ribbon (System reward)

Occasional Bonus Weeks:

SOTW will sometimes include a bonus week. In these bonus weeks there will be a wide variety when it comes to "prizes". Ranging from coloured usernames, to MogShop discounts, perhaps even earning some of our brand new Currency; Gold Points (GP). Gold Points can be used within MogShop to purchase legendary items and more.

GP: GP is only contributed every 1st Freestyle of the month or during bonus weeks. Check the guidelines to see if a GP prize is included.
Gil: All the Gil rewards listed above already contain the 25 Gil as an entrant reward.

If you have any questions regarding the Signature of the Week rules, have suggestions etc, feel free to post them in this thread or send them to the Spira Moderator by PM.

Six
Spira Moderator.

Last edited:
Official Signature of the Week Merch

If you want to submit your own SOTW buttons please post them in this thread to get them added to this post.

1rzvgo.png

2sb04mr.png

2b7h35.png

2w5ox0z.png

3160lf8.png

20ksz6p.png

- Above buttons by Galadín​

Last edited:
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss, I have been waiting :ohoho:

I would love to see a musical theme. I don't know what exactly, but I've been really inspired by music lately. i know since it's sotw we can't do cds again but maybe just a music theme would be good.

Totally agree with Cali, a music theme would be fabulous!!! :boogie:

Also, although it is called Signature of the Week, maybe we could have some avatar related themes if people would be interested in that.

I just really stink at making icons tbh

but i could always try. no harm with practice

We can do a CD case theme, Cali, if you want that. There's no reason why we can't make exceptions when it comes to sizes if the interest is there. As far as the Icon theme goes, we've done this before due to the discontinuation of AOTW since there was a lack of interest, but if there's enough interest this time, I don't mind throwing an icon/avatar theme in either once in a while.

What I do aim for this year is to have an little standard winners as possible. Not only because it's more fun to have an actual competition, but also because having a standard win in your pocket isn't really all that amazing. I do still encourage people to send in entries, even though they may think it may not be a busy week. A standard win is fine, but I just hope we have at least a few entries.

I'll make it a point to enter (hopefully) every week as well, unless something personal comes up of course. Let the "I never wanna see Photoshop ever again"-agony begin. =]

On a side note, I've also updated the second post for any custom made SOTW banners that have been made free for use. I've added the ones that were submitted in the SOTW Buttons thread, but I figured we may as well keep it all in one place.

If any of you have buttons you want to contribute or want your buttons removed - feel free to post them here or contact me by PM. Broken links will be removed.

Last edited:
i am in the middle of making quite a few pieces right now (dont have time to chat or nothing) but i just had a thought for sotw and i wanted to post it before i forget. i was making a sora signature and i was like 'oh yeah, i remember i made this sora sig years ago'

so i went and checked it out, it had a good idea to it but it was overall crap :pooley:

and this got me thinking, what if we have a sotw theme where we redo an old signature we made in the past. i know this would take away the anonymity of it but who cares, i think it'd be cool to see it done. it's an opportunity to really show people how far you've come. :ohoho:

what do you think :mokken:

I see that this is back, yay! Can someone bring me up to speed? What's the latest going-ons 'n' plans?

and this got me thinking, what if we have a sotw theme where we redo an old signature we made in the past. i know this would take away the anonymity of it but who cares, i think it'd be cool to see it done. it's an opportunity to really show people how far you've come.

I actually do this quite a lot. :lew: I definitely support this idea, and we would have to post our old signatures along with the new revision to see what changes we made. Sometimes all I'll do is simply clean things up a bit, but it makes a difference. I never delete my .PSD so going through my old signatures would be no problem for me.

@Expendable - Guidelines are up. First week is freestyle, so should be pretty easy. ;)

Yep, just send Six a PM. You can submit entries for the whole month if you want to. This is helpful in case you can't make it online to submit entries later this month, so we can now submit entries ahead of time.

and this got me thinking, what if we have a sotw theme where we redo an old signature we made in the past. i know this would take away the anonymity of it but who cares, i think it'd be cool to see it done. it's an opportunity to really show people how far you've come. :ohoho:

This is sounds really interesting. Lots of times I get feedback or critique on a piece but rarely have the chance to re-work the graphic due to either laziness or the fact that new pieces need to be made and I don't have the time to go back on stuff. It would be a good idea to have a before and after to compare to. I have pretty much all my .PSDs and .XCFs since the day I started GFX so I'll have lots to choose from! :wacky:

Yep, just send Six a PM. You can submit entries for the whole month if you want to. This is helpful in case you can't make it online to submit entries later this month, so we can now submit entries ahead of time.

We can do that? Yeah, I might do that so. I gotta get stuck into studying and doing projects for college, so I'll probs find a day to submit the whole month's SOTW in one go.

We can do that? Yeah, I might do that so. I gotta get stuck into studying and doing projects for college, so I'll probs find a day to submit the whole month's SOTW in one go.

Yep. In my case, I'm usually forgetful or inspiration/motivation just isn't there for some reason. That's why I'll tackle few signatures at once and take advantage of that time period where inspiration is high, then set aside my sigs for later. I usually don't submit sigs for SOTW though, haha. But I'll try and support it a bit more this year.

Here's the info:

Signature of the Week will be undergoing a test run as of 03/Jan/2015. From now on 4 SOTW guidelines will be posted, the first week always being Freestyle. We're hoping this will give people time in advance to make entries. For example, on Week 1 guidelines 100, 102, 103 and 104 are posted. The due date for SOTW 100 is still the week after the guidelines have been posted, but 102, 103, and 104 are guidelines given in advance. You can make your entries for weeks 102, 103 and 104 in week 100 for example, and submit them in advance, giving you a guaranteed spot in the upcoming weeks.

i am in the middle of making quite a few pieces right now (dont have time to chat or nothing) but i just had a thought for sotw and i wanted to post it before i forget. i was making a sora signature and i was like 'oh yeah, i remember i made this sora sig years ago'

so i went and checked it out, it had a good idea to it but it was overall crap :pooley:

We can do one of those. It'll be somewhere in March then, sound good? SOTW doesn't always have to be anonymous, and we've gotten more lenient with it, anyway. Of course we're keeping the PM system but one of these themes would be fun once in a while, I think.

I didn't always save my .PSDs, I do now, but I prefer creating a new signature from scratch anyway. So, I think I can find something semi-old-ish, hopefully...

I see that this is back, yay! Can someone bring me up to speed? What's the latest going-ons 'n' plans?

A few things have changed when it comes to SOTW. The guideline threads will now include all the themes for the whole month, see here (click). There is still a weekly due date, but as Mitsuki told you already, you can now knock out a few entries this week for example, and send them in for the upcoming weeks, always having a guaranteed spot in SOTW.

Every FIRST week of the month will be freestyle. So you can always make that one ahead of time if you're bored / have time on your hands.

So yeah, sorry for the absence on replying, guys. Had a bit of a rough week, it's not over yet, but! I'm caught up on everything again, so I'll be able to respond regularly. Had a few PMs about SOTW too, so I had to knock those out first. :lew:

But yeah, welcome back, guys. :D

Do you still want to be e-mailed, @Expendable when the new guidelines for the week are almost due?

____

Let me know if you guys are up for that icon theme as well, and we can throw that in too if there's enough people in for it.

Six Yes, please do e-mail me. I'm more likely to pop on here if I get an e-mail notification.

Mitsuki and Six (again, haha), thank you very much for bring me up to speed!

Not sure if this has already been asked but, with the black and white theme, are shades of grey allowed or does it strictly have to be solid black and white? It seems like common sense I know, but I wanted to be sure. :)

That's allowed. Black and white usually just means no colour in your piece.

Just wondering... can I make a SOTW button? Or are only moderators allowed to make SOTW ads? (like the ones you and gal made)

Stray Arrows

I think it's open for anyone to make SOTW buttons. I just saw the thread around and decided to do some (I didn't even ask to tell the truth), so I'm sure it's grand for you to make them.

I look forward to seeing what you make if you decide to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back