Ronso Strength

Busta

Bang-a-Rang!
Veteran
Gil
Seymour
Throughout the game you see Kimahri's fellow Ronso family call him weak and bully him due to his height, overall size, and broken horn. I know you face off against them a couple times in battle, with Kimahri getting the upper hand and victory on the last fight.

My question is, do you think Kimahri could have defeated them early on in the game, or did it take his journey with Yuna and the Guardians to help him mature a bit and find his own inner strength and confidence?

I feel Kimahri always had the physical strength to take down the Ronsos, but after years of ridicule, his self-esteem was pretty low and his faith in himself was almost non-existant. I think the Guardians gave him a boost of self-worth and confidence to show others it's not size that determines winners, it's motivation and perserverence.

I'm pretty sure Kimahri coulda whooped some major butt early on though too.

It's difficult to know. I always kinda think about this when it comes to games. It's not like we see him get physically bigger or change in any way; so you could be right. It's difficult to know whether the sphere grid as part of the plot in terms of the guardians and Yuna learning from their trials and getting stronger or purely as a way to tackle the difficulty curve of the game and make it challenging.

my opinion is that Khimarhi gets stronger. I mean Tidus can match him and he's a little wuss to begin with..

In psychoanalytic terms Kimahri's story represents a man's fear of becoming impotent. His 'horn' is broken, and he feels weaker than the other physically superior specimens of Ronso masculinity which surround him. However, Kimahri overcomes his anxieties and he needs no horn to perform.

Okay I wasn't being serious with the impotence analogy, but that reading is also surely there.

Kimahri has serious confidence issues. He is very shy. He has been bullied (being called 'hornless!' must do serious damage to a Ronso's ego). He is also, however, a caring guy for Yuna in particular, but also for the party of guardians as a whole. In the end he shows the world how strong he actually is, and as his confidence in himself grows, so do his abilities. By the end of the game he is not only accepted by others as a functioning Ronso, but he is respected or even surpasses others. He was able to grow as an individual in ways in which other Ronso may not have been able.

At the beginning of the game I do not think he could have defeated the other Ronso. Perhaps his body strength could have been there, or if he had trained it more then it could have been. However, since he had his confidence issues he was not yet in a mental and physical state to face the other Ronso. This confidence was to come as one of the many perks of being part of the team which saved the world. The hardships he faced with the guardians, and the positive praise he received, along with his sense of purpose and devotion to Yuna, all of these things helped to boost his ego. It didn't happen over night, however.

His horn may have been physically broken, but by the end of the game he must have had some sort of phantom horn to rival a narwhal.

I didn't really use Kimahri much in Final Fantasy X. I don't even think I got 5% of the sphere grid completed with Kimhari. I noticed that during the fight with Yenke and Biran that the fight is handicapped for you. Which means that it is not at a fixed difficulty and that it is indeed rigged in case you haven't played with Kimahri Ronso that much. I've noticed that you can steal Level 3 Key Spheres from Yenke and Biran in that fight also which was pretty cool. So how do you get Steal considering that Kimahri isn't on Rikku's Grid? Special Sphere I believe. Forgot where I got the special sphere though. I think I was able to get it in the Bikanel Desert where the Al Bhed live.

Honestly, I'm sure Kimhari's broken horn was a symbol that despite him "lacking strength" from his own clan members of the Ronso family; he indeed gained back his honour and confidence throughout the game. I totally agree that Yuna and the rest of the gang helped him physiologically and spiritually. Even though his character was reserved and quiet, I'm sure his journey was to be 1. A Guardian and 2. Be a better Ronso. In FFX-2, he earned the Title as Elder. Kimhari clearly learned how to gain respect and be the leader that he deserves to be.

I'm sure physically, he could've proved himself in the beginning. It was him being shut off from his own kind that affected his self-esteem for sure.

I've noticed that you can steal Level 3 Key Spheres from Yenke and Biran in that fight also which was pretty cool. So how do you get Steal considering that Kimahri isn't on Rikku's Grid?

I never noticed about the Steal ability while he wasn't lined up with Rikku's path. I've never been a really big Blue magic user so Kumari was usually low on my party member list, but def used him more than Lulu or Rikku.

Def used him more than fellow blue magic users Quistis and Quina.

Back