Friendly Enemies

Busta

Bang-a-Rang!
Veteran
Gil
Seymour
Ok, so I was outside Dali leveling up and I ran into one of those friendly enemies that can randomly pop onto your battle screen from time to time around the world with the lullaby music playing instead of the battle rythem. In this case it was a Brown Mu.

Now this Mu asked me for an Ore which I gladly gave in exchange for 10AP.

It's been a while since I've tried it so I don't even remember, but what happens if you attack it instead of giving over the item these friends monsters request?

Did you guys complete them all? I think there's like 11 or 12 you must give things too.

I think they either run away of die if you kill them...either way, it's much better to give them ore. I always tend to give ore to a few on disc 1 and 2 and then forget to go for the rest. If they pop up, I give them ore kinda thing.

completing the friendly monsters makes beating ozma easier. its always worth it for the exp granted.

im pretty sure if you attack them they do pop up again, i dont think they are gone for good. i remember one popping up that wanted an item i didnt have but i cant remember whether i attacked it or tried running away :hmmm:

Beating them lets you hit Ozma with physical attacks or something, so half your characters become useful in that battle. I think that's how it works anyway.

I think they do come back if you attack one, but they're more rare. There's a nice little knack to finding them though. When you enter the area they're in, just tap the direction you're moving in rather than holding it down. It has something to do with the probabilities of running into enemies so these guys and Ragtime Mouse pop up more often like that.

I didn't do all of them (I was never crazy enough to take on for Ozma for one, and I didn't find them all), but the tons of AP you get means it's well worth doing some at least. Just be sure to ignore that fraudster Gimme Cat!

Oh wow I never knew exactly how many there were :wacky: goes to show how much I really cared about those friendly monsters :lew: I've never cared to attack them because I knew I'd get the AP that I needed to leveling my characters. Ore aren't very rare items anyways, so why not? :mokken: If I recall they get more advance on what they demand the further you go into it, but I never gave a bloody thought about finding them all. too much effort honestly. If one poped up, yay! Other then that I didn't give a sodding care for them.:monster:

Ran into my 1st one just a few days ago outside the Village of Dali. Now I've gotten all the way to Burmencia and onto the 2nd Disc and haven't ran into a 2nd one yet. I know it's still early on and all but thought I'd run into another one soon.

I remember the 1st time I very played the game though I was able to do all the monsters at the end while I was grinding levels before the final boss.

There is one outside Burmecia, but I think it only shows up later in the game after you've encountered some of the others. I remember there being a big gap between actually seeing them around the second disc. I think there may be one near either the Iifa Tree or Madain Sari

make a note of who you run into, its annoying when you miss one and you cant remember which.

make a note of who you run into, its annoying when you miss one and you cant remember which.

They don't show up out of order do they? I was pretty sure that they kinda make appearances in the order the gifts/items go so that it builds up to the final friendly monster.

No, they don't show up out of order. You can get them in whatever order you want once you get the airship, but that's not for a while, and some are a bigger pain in the ass to get to show up than others.

i managed to miss one of the earlier ones in one of my play throughs :s

Back