Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Alright folks,

I got hooked in by my buddy who works at Dell in Nashville, TN. I also have a lot of folks globally who still play this old game. I have just came back to play and man oh man is this game different since the last expansion.

I make it a point to buy each expansion and try out each of the content, then deactivate.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=244123/warlords-of-draenor-launch-guide

The first two characters I'm taking to 100 are the following:

Krashu - Horde DK on Lightnings Blade - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Krashu/simple
Magishu - Horde Mage on Lightnings Blade - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Magishu

Four, oh: Four page not found for both characters.

I haven't played WoW since Wrath of the Lich King and don't really plan on going back, but I do enjoy watching gameplay of the new updates. This one is no exception and looks quite nice.

Trust me it's quite a bit of fun. The game play to me is always the same. They never really go far from the mold in regards, due to fear of losing subscribers, but there are a lot of other enhancements to this game.

The Garrisons are probably the main update as of right now. From being able to basically create your own main city (aside from auctioneers and a few other things), to being able to lead missions with followers to acquire new gear, new achievements, and add ons to your inventory, the garrisons are pretty nice.

The game has again became more and more simplified in regards to questing. As soon as you enter Draenor the push to 100 is a joke. Some folks have been able to achieve it in a 1 day span of straight up quest to quest (due to how linear they are). Also with each storyl ine quest comes new cinematics, which are okay I guess (sort of like Cata and MoP).

The dungeons, well I have actually had more fun in these dungeons than anything since BC. Granted after I finish up heroic I'll probably be sick of them, but for now it's pretty great content for a tank. There are a lot of new technical fights for sure, including some boss's that if you literally do not kill one add, your group basically will wipe. I think what gets me is the art work and time dedicated though for each of these dungeons. It definitely has a lot more "thought" into each of them.

I have not raided, so no comment here. I have not PvPed yet, so no comment again here.

Some things that have changed (without patching).

* No Flight in 90+ zones.
* ILvl curve for dungeons are a bit steeper
* Crafting has changed altoghether. You no longer mine ore and pick flowers, for forging or brewing alchemy directly. You have to turn in the mats to a supply vendor who has a timer in which you can craft things. So no longer can go and buy mass amount of Ore/Bars to facilitate lvling Black Smithing or Alchemy up. Also you don't need to be a miner to mine nodes or do you need to be a herbalist to pick herbs/flowers.
* No centralized city, your garrison is supposed to be it. You can still go back to Org / Storm wind if you wish, but aside from auction house, pretty pointless in my opinion.
* Elite mobs that drop rares are everywhere. Just look for the skulls, and P.S. - A DK can steam roll all of them.
* Healers run out of mana in instances, so like vanilla days, you have to learn to conserve heals, and have a self aware tank.

im playing this at the mo! Got an alliance worgan hunter on Nagrand server. chars were all horde before that but we fancied a change of scenery, been playing on and off for a few years and only just getting into dungeons, so currently doing the new heroic content. upgraded my garrison to level 3 and most of my buildings are level 3 as well, keep changing my medium plots though, taking forever to do the trading post v_v and workign my way through the dungeon dailies on the inn. collecting dreanic seeds when you arent a herbaist either is a pain in the arse considering how easy it is to get the dreanic stone...and im a miner. thinking of changing professions. seems totally redundant mining now.

hope they bring flying in, i am lazy

Back