Shoutbox Dropdown & Forum Tabs

Ethics

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Switching between the All and Favorites tabs seems to make the shoutbox dropdown bug out. Namely, you can't unhide it. Chrome, Windows, 1080p.

I thought at first it was an issue caused by clicking Favorites while already in said tab, but after another refresh while testing that, the All couldn't unhide it, so I'm not sure exactly what is cause the issue, but it is definitely a difference in the tabs somewhere. I love using the Favorites tab, but keep having this issue when I need to pull something from a different area.

@Belazor et Britannia @DragonByte Tech

I have the same issue with the dropdown menus. Same for the Top 50 Stats. Trying to select a different option to display is almost impossible and happens at random if I'm lucky. I've tried several browsers, (and two computers) so I doubt the issues lies there.

Hiding both shoutboxes give me the same headache. Sometimes I can't retrieve it once dropped to close. Perhaps this is something that can be looked into.

Had I been a new user, I'd be extremely disappointed that my thread still hasn't received a "Hi, we're looking into this and will get back to you." from the admins if the tech team is otherwise unavailable.

Just some feedback.

Apologies for the delay. We will see if we can get one of the techies to take a look into the issue today.

It's cool, especially considering it's a small issue. May be worth having your typical first responders actually sub to this section.

Thank you for the reply.

Fil won't be able to take a look into it tonight, but he's been contacted via Skype so hopefully soon we'll hear something from him. I'll remind him again if he doesn't get to it by tomorrow. Again, sorry for the delay.

I'm unable to replicate this issue. Please provide step-by-step instructions and screenshots for how to replicate this issue.

I would like to provide steps to replicate this issue, but I'm at a loss as all I do is load the forum and attempt to collapse the shoutbox. I can switch tabs to demonstrate that the other tab does not work, but it is random which tab will work and which one will not.

This is an issue that, for me, persists across all browsers and even a fresh install of a different OS. I have cleared cookies, disabled plugins, made sure my browser is up to date and, as mentioned, installed a brand new OS all to no avail. I am never guaranteed a specific tab will work to collapse. In fact, the only consistency in the issue is that I am guaranteed one tab will work but never both or neither.

Here is a video showing the issue existing in both tabs. I demonstrate the issue in Chrome at first, then Firefox and finally in IE. I realize it looks as though I am only hovering over the collapse/expand button, but I can guarantee you I'm clicking it (and am doing so quite furiously towards the end). I switch to Firefox at 0:14, IE at 0:32 and then closed all browsers and relaunched Chrome at 0:49. Note that the All tab does not work in Chrome or Firefox and Favorites does, but this is reversed in IE and Chrome (after closing and relaunching).

We've got Belazor on the case. Hopefully he'll have some good news for you soon.

Back