Latest gameplay footage with English Subtitles

~Griever~

Blue Mage
Gil

So this was uploaded last week and a lot of you may already have seen it. Graphically, it looks extremely impressive; as do the character animations/enemy animations etc. I'm wondering how quests or story advancement will take place within an open world FF. In most open world games you either find an NPC who bestows you with a task or you're informed of quests/story missions through an in-game device e.g. email, mobile phone etc. FF meets GTA or Elder Scrolls.

Anyway, this latest footage has got me really excited for the game. I haven't been eagerly awaiting a FF game this much since 12.

I hope you can swim in this game. But its cool that they are changing the series for the better. I can't wait to see what new stuff in terms of battle works like!
Maybe i will get a PS4 if this comes out at one time.

Griever, I agree with you on the anticipation. I wasn't too hyped about FFXIII when it was awaiting released, but when XII was coming up, I think I was pumped almost a year and a half out.

THe gameplay just wandering around and getting into battles even reminds me of the free-roam of XII. It's cool to see that aspect remain and make engaging and avoiding battles more decisive.

Seeing the latest videos of FFXV it seems to me that this is what they should have followed FFXII with instead of what they did with FFXIII. XII was a step in the right direction for the series as far as embracing a more open world and free roaming style of gameplay along with a less "boxed" fighting system. XIII sadly dropped all that and took the already linear nature of X to the extreme.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one...need to see more. Looking forward to the demo.

This game looks like its gonna be really shit. The car made me laugh. It looks like a carbon copy of the FFXIII formula. I wouldn't be surprised if the enormous plain seen in the trailer was the only open area in the entire game and it looks like they've poured their efforts into improving the graphics but completely neglected the graphic design.

The character design is atrocious, you're essentially playing as the Ramones.

There was more detail and personality in FFVI's characters and they were sprites designed decades ago:

46RAw0J.png

Square just don't know how to make an RPG these days.

Ehhh, I kind of lost interest watching the gameplay... I don't know why, but it's just not all that impressive to me. Not to mention I'm not all that excited and ready to play the game like maybe others will be.

I guess its the combination of disappointment and frustration on the last few FF titles they've released as to why I'm so harsh and reluctant. The voice acting didn't really appeal to me either, which is also a factor.

I'll probably buy the game just for the sake of its name (I was also on edge with FXIII-FXIII2, FFXIII: Lightning Returns yet i still played the games through) Maybe once its dropped in price (unless maybe my bf buys it for me) I just don't want to pay for it myself and then cry afterwards about how I could've bought pizza and ice cream... :wacky: in total regret and denial.

I think there will be parts of the game I will enjoy, but as a whole, i'm not so sure.

This game looks like its gonna be really shit. The car made me laugh. It looks like a carbon copy of the FFXIII formula. I wouldn't be surprised if the enormous plain seen in the trailer was the only open area in the entire game and it looks like they've poured their efforts into improving the graphics but completely neglected the graphic design.

The car didn't really bother me that much just as it didn't bother me when they used it on FFVIII. In that game it fits nicely with the world they created so the same may hold true on this one. My main concern about this game is the development woes it has been through and how it was changed from originally being a part of the XIII trilogy to it's own standalone game and also how they changed the director. Just like it happened with XII, something is bound to get lost in the process.

Agree with your point about the characters, the cast has no life or variety in their design and the idea of going with an all male cast is rather odd.

Square just don't know how to make an RPG these days.

Lot of truth to that, I think they have bled a lot of talent and are in dire need of better writers. But most importantly, I think they are truly out of touch with what current gamers (western ones in particular) expect from an RPG these days.

Ehhh, I kind of lost interest watching the gameplay... I don't know why, but it's just not all that impressive to me.

I found the graphics nice but the whole landscape felt rather bland and generic, not much going on or to see in it. They kept boasting about the size of the world but just making it big doesn't really amounts to much if it is all barren and uninsteresing. We'll see how the end product is...

I think it should be stressed what message has been plastered across the first few seconds of every preview of FFXV we've gotten: this is a work in progress. Fans pleaded for years for some peeks into the game's development, and now that we're getting it, lo and behold, it looks like an unfinished product. That's because it is. We can get some ideas of what the game will be like when it releases, but it is MUCH too early to start judging it on specific gameplay elements. Even the English voices sounded 'beta' to me. Square Enix made that video unlisted on their UK channel too, so I don't get the feeling it was really meant to represent the final product too strongly. Also, it's no oversight that we've only been given a look into a very limited couple of areas in the game. The rest are not ready, and what we've seen is only half-baked.

Also, this is Hajime Tabata's game, now. He's kind of my videogame dev hero at the moment. He's a younger member of SE staff with a lot of good ideas and the ability to realize them. In fact, we have him to thank for getting the looks into FFXV that we've gotten. So I guess knowing that he's at the helm now has me excited about the game more than what we've actually seen of it so far.

The character design is atrocious, you're essentially playing as the Ramones.

I want to show a comparison so everyone knows how accurate this statement is;

_57963492_57957452.jpg

FF15-group.jpg

That said, I am still holding out hope, you never know, Nomura could wake up and change ALL the character designs and not make them look like a fucking boyband. At least that's what I hope for. I am really praying that the open world map is as detailed and as close to a sandbox feel that FF can get to. I think if Square did that I would buy the game just to experience that. The battle system also looks very fun and unique. I couldn't help but notice that wherever the characters land a hit on a monster, the monster either trips or falls over in another way. so it's cool to see that the monsters die however you attack them. however, this trailer, much like the last, consisted of driving and i am very fearful that we will spend 60-70% of the game in that horrendous bentley-cadillac-rolls royce phantom hybrid bastardization. also, I am hoping the current voice actors are just for testing because they are very bad.

oh, and also, did anyone notice how stella looks even more different than she already did?

I love the character design :/ but I tend to love all of Nomura's work, I just find his style great. Clearly I'm a minority but I feel like they look like a group of guys who are friends and come from the same place. Sure it's nice to see diversity in clothing and race etc when it comes to a group of people who happen to end up together randomly from many different places and become friends by plot necessity, but this isn't that situation, and having them all look very different from each other would be more odd imo and unrealistic than what we have. And I think their design does show the characters personality. I mean, can you see Ignis wearing what Gladiolus is wearing? No, he doesn't look like the kind of guy who'd go around with his chest on display, and Gladiolus doesn't look like he'd be comfortable in button down shirts. I think there's enough diversity there while the designs still keep them looking like what they are: friends from the same place.

I really love these new stuff.

No matter people say it's GTA Fantasy, I'm looking forward playing this.

Back