Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
Can someone please explain how to properly use the #System and how you see what tags have been updated. I'm a bit confused about it. I know you can subscribe to them, but how do you see if a # has been used? And also, do tags only get added to threads or can they be added to individual posts, too? because when i try and make a post i can't see the option to add a # or will a person notified whenever I just write out #blahblah in the post? is that how you use them?

Never mind, I found out how to use # :wacky: I still don't know how to view what you're subscribed too? :hmmm:

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/usertag.php?do=profile&action=hashsubscription, is what you're looking for I believe.

My Profile > Settings > User Tagging > Hash Tag Subscriptions.

Also, yes, it will tag posts, and I believe you already found out, but to subscribe/unsubscribe, you click on the hashtag, that opens up a new window, it's pretty self explanatory from there on out. =]

If there's anything else, let me know.

okay, so there's no way to see if the # has any new activity? what's the point then?

Perhaps it is a way of indexing and showing relevant posts, similar to the search function. If that is the case then, it means it is up to the community to use # in a way that suits best.

Example being (and perhaps not the best choice, but) #SOTW would likely give you more relevant results than typing "SOTW" into search, assuming the community/staff uses it with consistency and responsibility. Organizers just need to make note to use it, and if there is room for exploitation, we need to make sure to not abuse it and saturate the feed. If you have used Twitter (which I have not) it is likely similar, but all of this is shooting from the hip because I never use # or Twitter in day-to-day. #notcool

Last edited:
Back