What's your style of playing/levling

DonBilbo

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Hey guys, I'm interested in how you finish the game and how you level up.

For example I go through the story very relaxed, get all G.F.s on my way and level late in game.
But I'm playing much Triple Triad even in the beginning. When I'm at CD3 I'll level up to LV100 at the Secret Bahamut location.

How do you do it? Level up early? When do you get the best weapons? When do you farm how many spells?

:)

Well, I for one mostly play games in general for their story value, so oftentimes with JRPGs I'm just barely leveled enough to keep going, as I try to keep the plot moving. That's not to say I don't get into grinding at all, but by now I'm so familiar with FF battle systems, especially the early ones that didn't evolve a whole lot from game to game, that I pretty much skip out on that stage of getting my characters established before charging forward.

So yep, call me lazy, but I actually just sit down and go for it and don't worry about grinding and finding the best gear/spells until a boss fight stops me in my tracks :lew:

I usually try to stay as low levelled as possible. Sometimes I shoot for no levelling at all, sometimes I just go through it relaxed and level less and less as I gain abilities that make levelling harder. I play a lot of cards usually, I love Triple Triad so that is sort of what I do instead of level grinding. I also just go for the GFs as they become available in the story.

I originally started the game power leveling my characters and trying to get them as strong as possible. This was before I had found out or realized that the enemies and bosses in the game leveled up proportionally to your characters levels. At about level 30ish I stopped really trying to level them up and simply went around on the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell and collected all those really powerful junctioned magic that I equiped on my characters. I had my party members mdang near maxxed out in HP and strength while remaining at a moderately low level the rest of the game. So I would say my characters are around 40 to mid 40 levels if I recall correctly.

It seems like I refuse to try and get better everytime I play this game. I'll level up all the way to very high levels. Will try to get about 80% of the game completed. Most if not all the Guardian Forces in the game and get the best weapons and abilities from the GFs in the game. Usually I don't like to play Triple Triad very much, but I go through a very tedius process of drawing magic from almost every enemy and GFs from mostly everyboss. Then when I have my str, vit, spr, mag stats to where my magic is junctioned very good. Then I will fight the final boss and beat it probably about 50-55% of the time. So I'm not a super player.

Back